Discussion Read Let Me Game In peace.

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by NoNamejustGhost, Oct 30, 2021.

1. NoNamejustGhost

NoNamejustGhost You don't know me

Reading List:
    Link
    So if you are bored with young master and same story plot line then here is recommended for you, from a 5 year old novel reader.(lol not the age)
    I have read master piece like BTTH and LOM.

Description
    1 drop of blood = 1-Up

Other people game overnight, I game overnight and bleed.

Ever since the dimensional storms descended upon Earth, numerous dimensional zones have appeared, bringing with them all kinds of dimensional creatures—Immortals, Buddhas, Devils, Angels, Elves, etc.

Yet, all these strange dimensional zones can turn into dungeon instances on my phone. Other people risk their lives adventuring, I spend all my time gaming.

Monsters drop dimensional crystals that boost stats, imbue new skills, and join me as Companion Beasts. These Companion Beasts fight alongside me or alone, augmenting me with their skills and strength. Rare monsters in real life? I’ll just restart the game with a drop of blood to grind it.

I really need a blood transfusion.

But I would recommend you read at Least 50 chapter before you say anything.
    If you don't like it after 50 chapter or you think you can predict the novel then you can comment below and we can discuss.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2021
    Zeusomega likes this.
  2. Epythymy

Epythymy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read it before and it was pretty interesting at first.

Unfortunately this novel transformed into completely repetitive shit with last-minute-power-ups-solves-any-problem cliche and low level foreshadowing after ~500 chapters.

In terms of repetitivesness it's even far ahead of most xianxia novels with unlimited stream of young masters.

It's also sad that author is doing his best to milk the novel and stall the plot. I've heard that his 'dream' is to reach 5000 chapters in a single novel but he failed with his previous one and now he is ruining LMGIP.

For a long time MC's level was the same but his enemies' realm was getting higher and higher. It felt like author was afraid of letting his level increase. (Though MC was constantly getting stonger through other ways to overcome stronger enemies) Pathetic is the only word that can describe this situation.

Despite the good start, it's simply painful to read it later on.

Sutad Aatma likes this.
  3. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    True, Seraphim even locked him for 5 yrs so everyone would catch up, same with Super Gene. I'm so pissed with this kind of BS, what's the point of being ahead of everyone then?

Sutad Aatma likes this.
  4. Greater thunder

Greater thunder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, when you get bored of reading webnovels and light novels, you can always go to other media to freshen up.

Webcomics, manhwa/manhua/manga sections, webtoons, anime, cartoons, games, solidly published books, movies,.......

Webtoons, I recommend Peerless Dad. A man involved with Murim settles down with a wife who dies after birthing triplets and he decides he's gonna raise them perfectly as he can. He is very experienced from his days of running around, not the brightest tool in the shed (some side characters are much more intelligent) but he isn't helpless just because the schemers tend to profit or lose from situations he gets involved in.

NoNamejustGhost and Sutad Aatma like this.
  5. Darkraiders

Darkraiders Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol, that genuinely made me laugh, a dream of reaching 5k chapters... I hope he do reach his dream someday, but a least now I know to not waste my time with that author anymore, nothing good will come from an author that care more about reaching a high number of chapters, then they care about writing a good story.

6. Fluffums

Fluffums 【R-18 Researcher】【Seeker of Moe】

Reading List:
    Link
    This is one of my pet peeves. Especially for Chinese novels which have a tendency to get worse later on, people saying "you can't say anything about the novel without reading 50 (or worse, 100) chapters". I can understand the writer's style with one, maybe two chapters. I can get a feel for the main character and story's theme within 10 chapters. It's the basics of basics of writing to start by giving the reader a reason to care about anything in the story. If the author can't bother to do that much, the story might have good parts in the middle but it definitely won't be good later on.

7. Sutad Aatma

Sutad Aatma Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It sucks how I start a good wuxia or xianxia novel and they often just... Detoriate with time. I don't mind if it's short, just give me w good one that does not become worse on later stages. I always end up dropping because of it. I would like to complete one novel in that genre

8. matureraven

matureraven Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Real shit but surprising was able to read a couple of hundred of chapters.

Just became really repetitive and got boring

9. Lord Rae

Lord Rae Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I love the setup for this story and the setting is fun. But at one point it seemed to really get strange and I kind of fell out of love with it. I think it's a great idea and the execution isn't bad at first but yeah it gets a bit repetitive.

10. jianguangsizhixing

jianguangsizhixing Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm actually a current reader of LMGIP, caught up on all 1000+ chapters of it.

Given the number of chapters, it's hard to binge in one sitting or all at once. However, at the rate of reading the 2 chapter updates every day, I find it quite enjoyable. It's a nice way to wind down and relax at the end of the day.

Like many cultivation novels I do think it suffers from some power balance issues & lack of focus on the "main" story, but my interest in the bigger plotlines of the story have kept me reading through even the drier periods of writing. For example:
    • What's going on with Zhou Wen's principal?
    • What is Zhou Wen's teacher doing in the dimension, and what are his fellow disciples doing?
    • What is the "devil of the Federation" Jing Daoxian scheming this time?
    • I'm also very curious what's going on with Zhou Wen's Life Providence, Life Soul, and Wheel of Life; who is the woman who is tied to the Lost Immortal Sutra, what did she do, and how is she involved with Earth's past?
    • What exactly are the dimensional zones and how are they related to Earth?
    • What exactly is the nature of Zhou Wen's phone, that it can "duplicate" dimensional zones (as perceived by Grim Demon), where did it come from, and why does it demand the use of Zhou Wen's blood?
    • What exactly is the Demonic Neonate?
    • Who is the Thearch?
    The author only seems to pick up these plot points at random when he wants to advance the story but nonetheless I keep reading because I really am interested in these mysteries. Also, as a reader of cultivation webnovels, it's an unfortunate truth that I like reading power grinding & seeing how Zhou Wen will get his next power breakthrough...haha.

Also the story does occasionally come out with gems like this.

NoNamejustGhost likes this.