LCD SSS-Class Suicide Hunter

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Alk, Apr 4, 2019.

1. bozakir

bozakir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If anything comic was clearer. We also see saints screams, showing that it's not a fast process. FE catches MC by cutting his right foot off. Then he grabs his neck with such force that we can see the bruises next panel. Then FE proceeds to burn him alive.

"Flame Emperor was not that bad" is just your fan fiction. There hasn't been a single panel or paragraph in this series that depicts him in a somewhat positive light. He is a plot prop, a one dimensional cartoonishly evil villain used for jokes. The fact that you trying to miss that consciously to this extent feels like an elaborate trolling attempt.

Greater thunder and RealSaMu like this.
  2. Overclock

Overclock Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When did I say he was good? He is bad, but not to the level the mc made him out to be was all. A thug, murder, or a man conspiring the death of all each exist on different levels.

And who cares if she screamed she tries to kill him with a poison I imaging did kill him in a not so pleasant way, so it's fair game. This is a fire ability so I'm sure it's not pleasant. That's what a fire ability is. You are burning and cooking a person alive. It's not some pleasant or merciful ability unless its censored/fake.

And learn to chill. You've read too much into this. Fan fiction this troll that. If you want to argue a point don't start lashing out at people.

Anyways I already got my answers from others more helpful so don't feel the need to respond.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2021
  3. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the issue of the flame emperor, is that it is the mixture of several of the most negative aspects of an average mc, only that without being able to see his point of view and his motivations, we can only see his methods and results, which leave a lot to be desired, because from what we have seen, the emperor chose the decisions that were basically the lazy ones, those that went faster, those that ignored the future of the tower and all with a terrible personality even in private, although I do it again say, maybe as in other stories there is something that we are not seeing.

I think the point of Gonja going back to the past to kill him is similar to the emperor killing him, they both completely ignored the other, although, in the case of one his timeline was one in which he took much more time and the situation The economy was not resolved and Gonja prospers, and there is not as much defense against the emperor because both he and Gongja have as much time as they want, and if we can think that one is not obliged to be altruistic, but that does not justify being Selfish and ignoring the opportunities of millions (again, floors 20-30 are a golden opportunity).

4. bozakir

Reading List:
    Link
    I am not talking about if Saint deserved it or not. I don't care about that. It was a demonstration of how FE's ability works when used that way.

Flame Emperor had both the ability and the opportunity to kill Gongja, an innocent bystander, quick and painless way. Instead he choose to kill him in an exteremely painful way. That's a person who revels in hurting people. He is a sadist and lacks empathy.

Also who gives a flying fck about what other flame users do. I am not discussing other novels or other characters. As far as I am concerned anybody choosing to burn innocent bystanders alive when they don't need to over not burning them alive is a psychopath.

Greater thunder and Nightmare123 like this.
  5. DustySpiral

DustySpiral Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the MC becomes a better person over the course of the story, and wasn't a particularly good person at the start of it. He was a decent person (frankly, given how much of a potential threat the Flame Emperor was giving the guy any chance at all was risky), but I wouldn't call him upstanding/heroic until much later in the series.

That doesn't mean the Flame Emperor was even at the level of being a decent person. It's just that the MC's mindset early on was a lot more selfish than it is later in the story.

lunarshadow and Eddy andres like this.
  6. Nirnama

Nirnama Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, is just me, or the heresy inquisitor look very similar to tanya the devil?
    Both are :
    • Blonde
    • Loli/Shota
    • God's blessing-based power
    • Psychopath

seebaw and RealSaMu like this.
  7. RealSaMu

RealSaMu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    At least the inquisitor is cheerful. He is also childish while Tanya was born to be the epitome of rational and mature, at least in her own mind

Nightmare123 and Eddy andres like this.
  8. bozakir

Reading List:
    Link
    This is petty of me but I am greatly enjoying the current arc of Author shitting on elves/goblins who make "Flame Emperor was not bad" fan fiction.

Greater thunder and Eddy andres like this.
  9. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Kinda? I actually do like villainess stories and the like, so I dunno if I really agree with the message here.

10. Legowaffles

Legowaffles Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Flame Emperor was clearly misunderstood.

11. Greater thunder

Greater thunder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Major dislike for "Easter Egg" of meeting Lord of Manseng/Ten Thousand Lives chapters going on currently.

I was split on Raviel because she gave some entertainment at least while taking a lot of Gongja's agency and clarity of thought. It did pay off somewhat later with Goblin Fire Plaus though so that is another plus.

Aforementioned Lord of Manseng is however the worst blend of Gongja's and Raviel's characters.

And Gongja is stuck in her "trauma". Fuck.

12. luckymorris

luckymorris Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is the arc with the trauma of the tower master done? I like to stockpile chapters to read an arc in one go, thanks

13. Tarrian

Tarrian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ... ehhhh... sorta?

The trauma itself is done-ish, but it moved into another direction that still involves her due to Gonja being Gonja. It's probably a good place to catch back up as the beginning of another arc.

14. luckymorris

luckymorris Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Alright, thanks!

15. seebaw

seebaw New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I decided to put sss-class suicide hunter as one of my top manhwas, but after reading chapters 92 above with his rushed-up obsession with raviel. I decided to drop it. It looks so unnatural and weird how the romance progressed to that extent.

16. Overlord2019

Overlord2019 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How? It's kinda hard to misunderstand a guy who demands payment to rescue someone and then, once he gets the payment, proceeds to try and kill the guy he promised to rescue.

17. bozakir

Reading List:
    Link
    That was the joke.