Discussion What's The Deal With Active Translations?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by xExekut3x, Nov 1, 2021.

1. xExekut3x

xExekut3x Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Creating a new thread, because I didn't want to necro-bump my old one - https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/activetranslations-issues.129075/#post-6489668

So, what's the deal with Active Translations? It's been a while since the new site launched, but it's still crap. Thought I'd give it a while to maybe iron out those kinks. But nope... Still getting 403'd, for no reason. Haven't even tried to access the site in months, but I'm all caught up on some other novels I'm reading, so I'd thought I'd turn back to the Korean novels I was reading before Active butchered the previous site - which nuked my reading history and points that I spent money on. Luckily I still have my progress bookmarked, but I don't think it will mean much.

Guess I just won't ever be able to read Korean webnovels again. Way to ruin everything over greed, Active.

Or, I guess I'll use less preferred, pirating, means to access such content. I was perfectly happy paying for it, too. Spirit of support and all that... Well fuck that noise, at least for a-t.nu.

2. WeebWizard

WeebWizard Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can use the site just fine, although it is a bit slow sometimes.

3. erowarrior

erowarrior Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you are using vpn or anything like that their site doesn't like them.

4. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Also the ugly ass font, it makes me not want to read and the super dim or super bright settings.

frustratedguy109 likes this.
  5. frustratedguy109

frustratedguy109 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    With their font, the lower case a and o look similar, and so do upper case D and O. This is exacerbated by how small their default font size is. They also use gray font on white background when in light mode, and light gray font on dark gray background when in dark mode.

Bachingchung likes this.
  6. NoLongerTheSame

NoLongerTheSame Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The font hurts my eyes every time I read on their site. Resizing or changing the background color doesn't make the experience better.

7. Saorihirai

Saorihirai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t what everyone is saying cuz I went to the site and the font seems pretty okay to me. It’s not really lagging either

8. frustratedguy109

frustratedguy109 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The font is not a huge problem, but it could definitely be better. Here's a comparison:
    [​IMG]
    I changed the font style and turned it white by adjusting the CSS. The bottom 3 are definitely better than the top 3.

9. Divenmal

Divenmal Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't even access the site, it keeps saying access denied. I've asked for help in their discord but nobody cared and answered.