Discussion Do or Die - 'My' Choice

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Zone Q11, Nov 2, 2021.

1. Zone Q11

Zone Q11 『The Gas Mask』『Monochrome Plebeian』

Reading List:
    Link
    Detail: You are forced into a situation of life or death, where you have to choose to sacrifice an unknown stranger, or face the wrath of 200 undead creatures. Some of the aforementioned 'undead creatures' refer to: Hoard of Zombie Humans (Sapient), Packs of Skeleton Hounds, Murders of Skeleton Crows, a Giant Black Goo. Escape is not an option; there is no exit.

About 'yourself': [Too much information. A summary will be given instead.] Summoned to another world by devil worshippers. Escaped devil worshipping village. Stole magic weaponry. Joined a group of mercenaries. Took a job to chart nearby ruins. Activated teleportation trap. Encountered stranger who teleported at the same time. Encountered undead. Undead can speak, and demanded stranger.

'Your' thoughts on the situation: "With my magic weapon, I may be able to handle a dozen zombies or two on my own, but there is no way I will survive this many undead! What the hell is this situation anyway!? Who is this guy!?"

'Your' impression of the stranger: "He is a little bit good-looking. Maybe he is one of those 'protagonists' in webnovels? If that was somehow the case though, then I'm probably near the beginning of the story. His stance is sloppy as **ck, and I can almost smell his fear from here. Damnit, am I going to end up dying as cannonfodder?"

Choice: [Sacrifice the stranger] or [Resist the undead]

imK and Lurking like this.
  2. SpearOfLies

SpearOfLies [Lucky Dad][Has a lovely daughter]

Reading List:
    Link
    Resist the undead.

3. The_Essay_Writer

The_Essay_Writer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [Resist the undead] why? Because the stranger just exudes protagonist plot armour energy

imK and Zone Q11 like this.
  4. Owl1412

Owl1412 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Resist because if he really is a protagonist he will survive due to some random bs and would appreciate if he could take me along. Also trying to kill a protag will turn you into cannon fodder who will eventually get destroyed even if you manage to survive the undead

imK, gyan7 and Zone Q11 like this.
  5. Zone Q11

Reading List:
    Link
    I am curious. On the off chance that 'your' and your guts are wrong, and that guy was just some poor unfortunate 'good-looking' soul who was chased by some sort of cult--
    On the off chance he is nothing like this 'protagonist' that you two are thinking of, but instead just some good-for-nothing stranger--
    Wouldn't that increase the odds of your own doom?

imK likes this.
  6. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    bruh they're bones. They can't do shit.

7. Zone Q11

Reading List:
    Link
    Bones may be bones, but I am pretty sure even the most useless piece of shit can suffocate you if you have enough of them lying around.

8. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    [Resist the undead]
    There is no reason to expect these undead to keep their promise to spare your life. Plus, it's probably the old trick agreement anyway. They won't directly kill you, but they didn't say anything about helping you get out of this place safely. So barring a fortuitous rescue, you and the other guy are destined to die, so go out blasting.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2021
  9. Evil_Ginger

Evil_Ginger 『Lawful Neutral』『Cheese Master』『安德鲁』

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm...can I trick the undead? Somehow team up with the newbie somehow.

On the other hand, the act of giving up the stranger seems...dumb? Are the undead just gonna let me go after giving him up? What if the protagonist resents me later on? Even if he doesn't, what if I instead just helped a top level villain to be born this way?

I guess I would do my best to fight off the undead and work with the stranger.

10. SpearOfLies

SpearOfLies [Lucky Dad][Has a lovely daughter]

Reading List:
    Link
    Schrodinger's stranger.

I guess I should also tell my reasoning. I dislike sacrificing people. I also prefer to fight until the end than running away like a coward. I may die faster than others but at least I'm never going to regret my decisions.

11. Scyphoza

Scyphoza Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So this may or may not influence my decision but is the stranger sexy? how about the undead? If both are ugly I chose to side with the undead. Liches are cool.
    I know it says a little bit good looking but what chance do i have if hes a protagonist. Those guys tend to get all the ladies and im not down with that.

imK, Lissi, JadeWhiteSkin and 2 others like this.
  12. DrunkReader01

DrunkReader01 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [resist the undead]
    While fighting and I'm near death I fulfill some hidden requirements and unlock a special bloodline that's been dormant inside me, the catalyst was being summoned in the world and the requirement was killing several dozen undead. Once awakened the shockwave destroys the remaining horde and the handsome idiot is knocked unconscious while I receive my OP inheritance and replace him as the protag.
    Boom!

imK and gyan7 like this.
  13. JadeWhiteSkin

JadeWhiteSkin please rescue~

Reading List:
    Link
    Unrealistic: I wouldnt have fallen for a trap like that.
    Conclusion: Kill the stranger and then the undead!

Edit: also shouldn_t I be the one that can be rescued? something got messed up somehow c.c

imK likes this.
  14. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Bruh

Reading List:
    Link
    [resist the undead]
    Considering the fact that the undead might not necessarily keep their promise, mind as well risk it so even if the stranger does die and you managed to live, you wouldn’t feel as guilty or upset.

15. Bad Storm

Bad Storm no thought, head empty

Reading List:
    Link
    [Sacrifice the stranger]
    Even if he seemed like a protagonist type of character, I wouldn't depend my survival on something that might or might not be there like his plot armor.

imK, Meloonseed and Zone Q11 like this.
  16. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I honestly would probably freeze on the spot and be unable to make a decision.

I value my life way too much, so my calm reaction would probably be to sacrifice the stranger.
    However, throwing somebody's life away is completely against my morals, and something I'm unsure if I'd be able to do.

Then, when faced with 200 undeads at once, in a life or death situation... I think I might very well freeze.

That said, since the undead seem to be able to speak, I might be able to try begging for our life or something, maybe finding out if they want something else... Could maybe work.

Though in all honesty, it's really hard to imagine the scenario, because it works on the assumption that I was able to escape the devil worshippers village, decided to join a mercenary group, and actively putting myself in danger by exploring ruins... All of which are things that I don't see myself doing. I'd probably just die at the village, and even if I miraculously escaped, I'd probably just join a church or something... >.>

So... In conclusion... There are too many variables that I am unsure of how I'd respond to, and too many circumstances that I can't quite relate to, making it really hard for me to imagine my actual reaction in the scenario in question~

imK, AMissingLinguist and Zone Q11 like this.
  17. Meloonseed

Meloonseed sobble

Reading List:
    Link
    sacrifice the stranger, who knows if hes a protagonist or not, even if he was and you didnt give him up maybe youd be sacrificed as a cannon fodder in order to aid in his escape.

imK, Lurking and Zone Q11 like this.
  18. gyan7

gyan7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fight until I can't resist them. And if I can't then I will leave, once I have no options left. Knowing that I did my best that I could have for a stranger, it won't weigh on my heart later.

Thinking about it, if escape isn't an option right now then what about later? I'd pretend to surrender him and then try to find ways to rescue him afterwards.

19. jbturkle

jbturkle Fruit

Reading List:
    Link
    [Resist the undead]
    Perhaps the stranger has main-character plot armor. Perhaps not. Even if they did, nothing says that the plot armor will kick in before you die and save both of you.

...But in the end, there's no way to know if you can trust the undead horde to spare you. Plus, why on earth are the undead asking you to give them the stranger? Seems a little odd of them to value their lives - or lack thereof - enough to try to make that deal. It leaves a little bit of doubt that maybe there's some merit to resisting? And finally, yeah, I can't bring myself to sacrifice someone else. Hard to live with yourself after that.

imK, Lurking, Zone Q11 and 1 other person like this.
  20. IRandomGuy

IRandomGuy ohhh, custom title...

Reading List:
    Link
    I might have run a bit wild with the idea.

I'm a mercenary. A man who work for the right price, unless it's my life.
    So, as someone who experience the hell that is my past, which includes Excaping from a Devil-worship village, while it is unlikely for me to annihilate an army, you telling me I'm unequiped to run away to save my own life, as a mercenary? On top of that, it's a dark army, something I should have at least some wariness of given my past...
    I like living, kinda a lot, but danger and profit just two side of the same coin called Risk. Every action have a motive, unintended or not.
    The hordes want this stranger, for food? Or something he have? Why not attack right away? There must be a reason why instead of just swarming us, they decide to bargain. Winner take all, unless this hordes somehow think that we have a chance, why would the Undead, known for being undying, unfeeling, hesitate?
    Strong as I am, I can't take on the whole hordes & still expect to be at a good enough shape to excape this ruin, so that leave the stranger.
    He look weak, pathetic even. But he is alive. Surrounded by a hordes of undead, he is still alive. He is definitely not "normal" even in this godforsaken world. So, how is he alive? Just normal bastard that sacrifice his group for his own life? Unlikely, if he is only this much, they would not hesitate to dive in. God/s' intervention? Heh, such a whimsical idea, but since the Devil certainly existing, why not a god? Though, looking at the stranger, that God taste is certainly. .. quaint. Heh. So that leave the most likely answer, he have something of their. A relic of a necromancer? Of the ruins inhabitants before it fall? Heh, maybe be even from an old god/devil. Wouldn't that be something. But he haven't use it on the army yet, or had he?
    So many mysteries, so little time.
    The army almost surrounded us, but have not attack since we meet. The key is definitely something the stranger have. Maybe all he need is some time to activate it. Right now , it's time to put the ball in his court & see if it worth My remaining time.
    "The name is Jack(fake), from ABC (name of devil village, if I die, having an army of undead attacking it would be fun, if not, the name should mean something to a dark army that can communicate). You obviously have something they want. Give me a reason for me to not hand you over? Before you answer though, see these (points at weapons)? They will be going to your legs or that horde depend on your answer."
    I'll play it off depending on the answer.

Bro, I would be so tilted if the reason they want him is because the idiot relieved himself on the tombstone of someone important.