Discussion Tappyt0on and naver comics

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by seoktonin, Nov 6, 2021.

1. seoktonin

seoktonin burning eyes

Reading List:
    Link
    like lmao is it just me or does anyone else feel weird that tappy makes free naver comics paid unless theyre also licensed by webtoon? like even tapas has started making 90% of the new comics wait till free and not to mention the amt of free ink it gives away\

like sorry i dont have the time to watch 30 vids for 1 ep and dont have money to buy coins but id rather stay 15 eps behind everyone as long as a new episode will unlock itself yk? kakao i can still understand, naver series i understand but naver comics??????????

ust ranting cause it makes me pissed that so many of the comics i want to read are on there but i cant even read them easily, i use tapas and pocket comics but tappy is a real struggle

seemanta likes this.
  2. seemanta

seemanta ţɦɛ ʏօʊռɢɛsţ ɮʀѧţ ɨռ ţɦɛ ɦօʊsɛ

Reading List:
    Link
    I uninstalled everything except webtoon cause It's kinda pointless to even wait for them to unlock by themselves. I already see all kinda spoilers in all kinda groups 1 hour after it comes out. I'd rather just go read the pirated version. Coins are just too hard to buy. And I mainly read the free original strips on webtoon.

seoktonin likes this.
  3. CardOne4All

CardOne4All Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just use webtoon. Even for someone like me who works fulltime and is earning money webtoon is the way to go. Because I don’t need to pay for the whole damn series and still be able to enjoy.

seoktonin likes this.
  4. seoktonin

seoktonin burning eyes

Reading List:
    Link
    right lmao i feel bad abt reading pirated but i do what i can opening them on the korean web lmao

either way hands down tappy and lezhin worst apps ever imo tapas and pocket comics is still way better and webtoon may take time catching up but atleast they keep it free lmao

5. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    when I downloaded tappytoon because I wanted to read a comic only available there, I was pretty shocked to see every chapter behind a paywall
    and the thing about this paywall is that I don't know how to get free coins, and I don't really bother searching up
    if some chapters were free (like 10+), that would be great and I wouldn't mind forking up a little money if I can afford it, but having virtually every chapter behind a paywall peeves me and it just prevents me from even reading the story in the first place

6. lygarx

lygarx Lazy Translator

Reading List:
    Link
    Paywalls is why I pretty much stick to some of Japan's web novel series in raw format because they lack that restriction. I only ever started reading manga or watching anime because it was free and pirated.

7. seoktonin

seoktonin burning eyes

Reading List:
    Link
    true like most of the manga i see, has the intital and latest chapters free and thats a lot better because it works if you keep up with it and same with anime its vvvv widespread

right!! if it was just reading advanced 4-5 chapters it would be easier for me to get coins from watching a 100 damn ads (since i have no money) but you want me to buy a whole series lmao????

8. afelice

afelice Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No. not really. it depends on the system and the contract between the platform and the publisher.

Daughter of the Archmage and Our Little Empress is pretty much using "webtoon system" where only several latest eps are locked and become free as scheduled in both Kakaopage & Kakao Webtoon, but Tapas sell the title as premium (aka pay each chapter). daddy-daughter story have many fans so it is not surprising and a good place to rake some profits lol.

for overseas Kakaopage & Kakao Webtoon, it will be a "rent" ticket (365 days, not permanent. expired? just pay again).

i mostly buy the korean chapters in the app, and in kkp in my country. webtoon is pretty good but i spend more time to read novels and that is tappytoon's main function lol. for reading licensed novels. i already read most of tappy's webtoon elswhere (webtoon, copin, kkp XD).

9. seoktonin

seoktonin burning eyes

Reading List:
    Link
    i see but tapas gives a lot of free ink lmao personally, and i was talking specifically abt naver comics.
    id rather tappytoon add some ads and make some series webtoon style

kakaopage and naver series isnt available in my country in the first place lol i can open kakao website and the free chapters but as a student i dont have money for personal spending so ive never bought chapters

10. afelice

afelice Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    KKP and Naver series is not available in my country, too. I changed my playstore region to install and translate most frebies and do some purchases. While tapas and tappytoon loves to block me with region lock so i need vpn to bypass :blobhero:

Lezhin and Tappytoon dont really have strong financial backup like Naver-Webtoon and Kakao-Tapas. So it is not surprising that they took more capitalist approach and put more premium titles and less wait for free. Tappy still need to pay license fees to naver, so they must put paywall to the titles... :blob_grin:. It is not like Naver just allowing them to published it for free or adopting the system when it gave them less profit. Tappy also licensing webtoon from Copin and Netcomics, both also publisher with their own english app. So.. Still Money oriented :blob_grin: (Copin is more pocket friendly to read Cale and Apple tho).

We can watch videos in tappytoon, but there are limitation and the offers are total headache to complete. Better look for alternative first before stop for tappy :blobjoy:.