Spoiler The Obsessive Maniac is Trying to Confine Me/집착 광공이 나를 감금하려고 한다

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by your crush, Nov 7, 2021.

1. your crush

your crush Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Title: The Obsessive Maniac is Trying to Confine Me
    Korean Title: 집착 광공이 나를 감금하려고 한다
    Author: 플랑비 *same author as <I Lost the Leash of the Yandere Male Lead>
    Link:https://page.kakao.com/home?seriesId=58172312&page=5
    NU Link:https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-obsessive-maniac-is-trying-to-confine-me/
    Description (taken from nu):
    I possessed someone in a BL novel of forced imprisonment.

I became a maid who brings the meals to the male lead (top) who was imprisoned by the main love interest (bottom).

I was destined to die when the male lead tried to escape from his confinement.

“Can you help me get out?”

“I can’t hear well because I have a hearing problem.”

Whenever the Male Lead tries to put a dead flag on my neck, I will successfully block it.

I’m sorry for the Male Lead, but I decided to do my duty.

But.

“Did you say your name is Rosie?”

Richard’s blue eyes gleamed eerily.

“I don’t forget what happened.”

“…”

“Your name, I will remember everything.”

For some reason, I was scared. It was because Richard successfully ran away

I’m screwed. The main love interest (bottom) will surely kill me…

Because the Male Lead run away and his love interest will kill me. I decided to make a quick exit at night.

It’s been such a peaceful three years but…

“Now it’s your turn to suffer.”

“W, what…”

“Now you can’t go anywhere without my permission.”

Excuse me?

You should have said that to the main love interest who confined you. Why are you saying that to me!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2023
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Table of Contents
    • Illustrations
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Male Lead
    It's Richard. White hair and Blue eyes.

Last Edit : 3rd September 2022
    @Aqua_the_idiot
    ----------------------------------------------------------------​
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/
    ----------------------------------------------------------------​

Last edited: Sep 3, 2022
    floren20lover likes this.
  3. Akioh

Akioh Hello, how are you, my darling, today?

Reading List:
    Link
    Rose is the sister of Yurta, the sub-protagonist of the original story. She ran away when her brother was away, worked as Sue's maid and then MC possessed her.
    In the original novel, every time Gong (Richard) escaped, Sue (I can't remember his name) killed the maid in charge of taking care of him and that's why MC it's constantly avoiding Richard.
    MC has a scent that can calm the mana or something? I do not remember very well.
    In the first escape, Richard looks for Rose (due to her scent, he thinks she may be useful) to kidnap her, then I don't remember very well what happens, but he meets Yurta and Rose and they start to fight. Rose, wanting to run away, the scent of her that was previously soothing to them became suffocating. In the end, Richard is caught.
    That too, Rose's friend is unusually strong…?

(There may be some changes in the story or I miss some part of it. Sorry if it was confusing because I didn't remember many things….)
    [​IMG]
    (First meeting between Yurta an Rose after she possessed the original Rose)

4. vinsa 4

vinsa 4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    does it has a manhwa adaptation?
    :blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone:

Fictionaddiction likes this.
  5. Kyyiiq-q12

Kyyiiq-q12 Simp for obsessive MLs and Yanderes

Reading List:
    Link
  6. aqilwall

aqilwall Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This was supposed to be the BL story but it is only B(oys) and no L(ove). LOL
    Do you know what are the Gong (Richard) and Sue (Agent) mean? I got headache trying to understand the strange words.

Yurta was also transcendent being. So he needed the FL. Her scent was the pain suppressor for the transcendent beings. So Yurta was the obsessive maniac so did Richard.

7. Akioh

Akioh Hello, how are you, my darling, today?

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's the same as uke (Sue) and seme (Gong)

aqilwall likes this.
  8. obelian underworld

obelian underworld Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is . shu/sue is uke and gong is seme

9. aqilwall

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks. It is a new world! So Richard was top and Agent was bottom???

FL's Harem.
    Richard= Count family
    Agent= Marquis
    Yurta=Count 2nd son. Step brother to FL.
    Dylan= Count 1st son. Older brother to Yurta.
    Emily=???

Agent called Rosie to his bedroom and asked for bedroom services. (while she was serving a meal to Richard.) Rosie pretended not to understand and started changing bed sheet in Agent's bedroom. So Agent told her to leave. In Chapter 24, Agent found Yurta hugged FL so he told Yurta that she was his property. She was important to him since she was providing the bedroom services. Yurta was very pissed.

***I think someone is likely to pick up this story since it was very popular in KKP.***

Last edited: Nov 8, 2021
  10. Agavadon

Agavadon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can i know which chap is the 3 years time skip ?

Vallerie_unknown likes this.
  11. aqilwall

Reading List:
    Link
    I am at chapter 44. At this moment no time skip yet. Out of all guys in the harem, Agent seemed to be most understanding and Yurta was the craziest.

12. Kyyiiq-q12

Kyyiiq-q12 Simp for obsessive MLs and Yanderes

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you give some spoilers about the novel so far??:aww::aww::aww:

Vallerie_unknown likes this.
  13. eggbrandy

eggbrandy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you guys are interested, I can post some MTLed chapters here, at least the first 5 chapters :blobwink:

14. eggbrandy

Reading List:
    Link
    "Please..."
    I came to my senses to the sound of a cracked voice.
    "…I’m asking you."
    When I lowered my head in the direction of the sound, a beautiful man eagerly grabbed my ankle.
    His grip was a little painful.
    What the hell is going on here?
    Is it a dream?
    The man's silver hair, shiny as if made of sugar, was tousled carelessly at my feet.
    The man had a very beautiful appearance. I looked at him in a daze and forgot to answer him.
    His lake-like blue eyes shook wildly.
    "Um..."
    "…. Please tell me. But before that, I'm in a hurry, so I want you to give me the medicine first."
    Medicine? What medicine?
    "… I’m asking you."
    It was a polite but urgent tone.
    I was puzzled not knowing what the man was saying, but he clenched his teeth as if he interpreted my expression differently.
    "……I haven't taken any medication for several days. Please... Please help me."
    The man's complexion was pale.
    When he breathed out heavily as if he was about to die, I thought I should save the man first.
    "Where's the medicine?"
    I asked with the intention of quickly finding it and bringing it to him, but the man frowned.
    But he softened his expression, thinking that I would be offended.
    "It'll be inside your pocket."
    Why do I have your medicine in my pocket?
    I thought it was ridiculous, but my hand was already searching the pockets.
    I felt the cold glass at the tip of my finger.
    Only then did I realize it. I think this is a vivid dream. I don't know why I'm having such a dream.
    "Is this it?"
    I shook a small glass vial of achromatic liquid in front of the man's eyes.
    Then a twinkle appeared in his blue eyes.
    "Yes. Hurry up and give it to me..."
    "Rosie! What are you doing?"
    The moment I was about to hand over the medicine, a woman dressed like a maid shouted at me with a shocked expression.
    She was a beautiful woman with blonde hair. While I was bewildered and distracted, the woman's green eyes were distorted.
    "Are you possessed by that monster?"
    "...Monster?"
    "That’s right! Did you forget that you shouldn't give him medicine without the master’s permission?"
    Wait a minute.
    A beautiful man with silver hair and blue eyes, medicine, monster, master's permission...… Why do all these keywords seem familiar?
    Suddenly, scenes from the novel I had read a while ago began to come to mind.
    It was a BL novel.
    But that thought quickly vanished when I was suddenly pulled by my arm.
    I was startled and turned my head in the direction my body was leaning.
    There stood a woman who I didn't notice approaching me. Who is she?
    "Let's get out, Rosie. If you keep staying here, you'll be possessed by that monster."
    A woman in a maid suit pulled my arm, and I followed her.
    When I looked back, I saw a disappointed man who gritted his teeth in a humiliation.
    Is it okay if I don't give him medicine?
    I was worried about the man, so I dropped a glass bottle on the carpet so that the woman wouldn't notice it.
    And then kicked it lightly so that it rolled towards the man.
    As if he didn't know I would do something like that, the man hurriedly picked up a glass bottle rolling in front of him and widened his eyes in surprise.
    Drink it.
    I mouthed it silently and left the room with a soft smile.
    The man followed me with a half-empty gaze.

I didn't know at the time.
    I didn't know that beautiful man was a light worker in a BL novel I read before. (Not sure what it means, here is the original sentence 저 아름다운 남자가 예전에 읽었던 BL 소설 속 광공일 줄은.)
    And...
    "Now you can't go anywhere without my permission."
    I didn't know you'd be so mean to me.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2021
  15. mg534

mg534 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  16. Rainystee

Rainystee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Although it was picked up, I hope some kind souls will still bless us with spoilers:aww:

17. Chizuru

Chizuru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    that novel art is just *chef kiss* superb :aww::aww:

18. aqilwall

Reading List:
    Link
    From comments, the introductory is in chapter 99.

19. aqilwall

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you mean me??? LOL I will spoil a bit during this weekend. I did catch up to the recent chapter. It is going to be a long ride since at chapter 100 is at still at the introductory.
    There were too many characters and too many cliques/sects fighting. I am not sure how author will unravel them all. Reading is more like playing a game that FL still didnt know who she was, who was the culprits, etc. Readers learn to pick up clues from each chapters. It was still a drag in around C.50-70. Time skip started toward the end of C.80's.

***********Background********************

Basically the whole story was revolving around the transcendent beings.
    Church - Looking to get hand on/control the transcendent beings since transcendent beings were child of god.
    Demon worshiper - Try to kill transcendent beings with poison.
    Imperial family - Thirst for war so need power of Transcendent beings.
    Emily - experimental copy of transcendent beings but not the real transcendent beings. She also attracted to FL' scent. She had some power.
    Agent - Cursed with tattoo on his neck. He believed if he imprisoned Richard and sent him to the dark forest. He could be cured.
    Original FL - She was a reporter from Korea. She was lazy and didnt want to do anything besides going back to Korea. Count cared for her more than his own sons. So when Dylan was young he tried to frame original FL of stealing jewelries.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2021
  20. eggbrandy

Reading List:
    Link
    not sure if I should continue posting MTLed chapters as the novel was picked up... In any case, here is the second chapter!
    The BL novel, "The Fog Raised", was once very popular.
    The atmosphere of a tightrope walking, the emotions of the protagonists who want to kill each other, and the writing skills that brought it all to life.
    It's a novel that I really enjoyed reading.
    In the world of this novel, there are people called "transcendents."
    But they had a uniqueness.
    To be transcendental means to be blessed by God and possess power that is superior to ordinary human beings.
    Perhaps because of the blessing of God, the blood of the transcendents was completely different from the ordinary people’s blood.
    In that sense, the transcendent seems to be a flawless existing, but in reality it is not.
    Transcendents were blessed by God, but in return, they suffered "cruel torment".
    Their ordinary bodies could not withstand the extraordinary blood, so they suffered from a sensation as if lava flowed inside their bodies.
    It was a price of receiving God’s blessing.
    Richard, the main character of this novel, was also a transcendent.
    When transcendents use their power, they are engulfed in pain that is incomparable to their usual suffering.
    The pain is called mana pain, and transcendents took mana inhibitors that suppresses the pain.
    However, ‘that day’ Richard had no mana inhibitor.
    And at that time, Argen, another main character of the novel, who was overwhelmed by Richard's beauty, kidnapped Richard. This was the beginning of the novel.

Once Argen got Richard, he immediately recognized Richard as a transcendent.
    He was afraid that he would run away using magic, so he confined Richard using restraint sphere full of high-level mana suppression spells, and did not give him a mana inhibitors so as to leave no chance for running away.
    With all this, Richard had a hard time gaining his original strength.
    As Argen wished, Richard couldn’t do anything.
    Thus, Richard experiences various humiliations.
    Richard resists Argen with his noble pride, but Argen tries to trample on that arrogance.
    Richard did not give in to him and repeatedly tried to escape, and every time he failed, he experienced all kinds of hardships.
    "What happened in the end?"
    It's vague, but it seems that Richard eventually succeeded in escaping.
    However, Richard's family was a collapsing county on the outskirts, and Argen, on the other hand, was a marquis with great power.
    After learning about it, Richard hears the news that the war has just began and heads to the battlefield.
    He did so, and then came back to destroy Argen's family...….

Had he imprisoned Argen, telling him to experience the same thing he had been through?
    Perhaps that was the ending.
    Until the end, the two did not love each other, and there was only hatred.

[Writer, there are Boys, but why is there no Love… …?]

There were a lot of such comments, but still there were more readers who liked it, saying it was fun.
    "Rosie! What are you thinking about?"
    "Huh?"
    "Are you really possessed by that monster?"”
    When the woman in front of me stopped me with angry eyes, I shook my head reflexively.
    Why did I suddenly think of that novel?
    "You're a little weird right now, Rosie. You've been in a daze since you met the monster.”
    It’s because I was thinking about something else.
    "Everyone who met the monster was like that. Everyone was in a strange state."
    The woman swept down my arm as if she was horrified.
    "Hey, who are referring to as a monster?”
    I think she was talking about a man who begged me for medicine a while ago, but he was a handsome man with a rare appearance, not a monster.
    "You know, the guy you met earlier.”
    "……Ah."
    "Whenever a person sees him, they can't come to their senses. They are possessed by a monster.”
    Come to think of it, all the people who saw Richard in "The Fog Raised" lost their minds.
    Because he's handsome.
    And, perhaps because the transcendent, blessed by God, was fascinating to ordinary people.
    "You'd better go and rest, Rosie."
    The woman grabbed my hand, went into a room, and pushed my back toward the bed.
    "Get some rest and you'll get better.”
    At the touch of the woman, I lay on the bed in a hurry.
    I'm really okay.
    However, I did not mind sleeping and closed my eyes. I'll wake up from this dream when I wake up.

Unfortunately, I didn't wake up from the dream.
    "Wake up, Rosie!"
    I wake up with a rough touch, feeling the moderate tapping on my shoulder so it wouldn’t hurt.
    It wasn't a dream.
    "It's time to go to the monster."
    “…….”
    What? Really?
    "You can't help it even if you don't want to go. You're the one in charge of this meal."
    "Is it meal time already?"
    "Yes. Nobody wanted to be around that moster, so we decided to take turns taking charge of him for 10 days. Even if you don't like it, there's nothing you can do. You have to go, Rosie."
    Why is it that the more I listen to it, the more I think of 'The Fog Raised'?
    "If you are late, the master will be angry.”
    "...Master?"
    "Why are you like this? I’m referencing to Marquis Evantes."
    Marquis Evantes...… It's the same as bottom's last name in "The Fog Raised."
    Oh please. It can’t be.
    Anxiety climbed up my spine like a chill.
    When I said anything, the woman's expression darkened. I quickly changed my expression.
    "I'm sorry. I'm a little sick, so my memories are blurry.”
    As I said, it was a very poor excuse.
    I carefully looked at the woman because I was afraid she would find this ridiculous, but her expression grew serious.
    "...As expected, what did the monster do to you?"”
    Huh ?
    "...Rosie."
    "No, this is a cold! I was a little sick because I caught a cold, and I just forgot things for a while because I just woke up.”
    "Really?"
    "Yes, so I have to go and deliver him a meal?"
    The woman still looked worried. Nodding disapprovingly, she guided me to the kitchen.

In the kitchen, a grumpy-looking chef was slicing food fiercely.
    The knife is quite sharp.
    "I... I'm here to get a meal ."
    "It's over there, so take it yourself."
    There was there was a dog bowl at a place the chef pointed to.
    "... Do you have a dog here?"

Was she supposed to feed the dog, not deliver food to Richard?
    "What are you talking about, Rosie? This is perfect for that monster."
    Emily, a woman, had a strange smirl on her face.
    On the way down to the kitchen, I heard maids calling her Emily.
    "Oh, I see."
    I didn't want to argue for no reason, so I places a dog bowl on the tray.
    What will change even if I say anything?
    "I should get going".
    "Rosie, cheer up!"
    Without a doubt.
    This place seems to be similar to "The fog raised."
    Detailed settings resemble the novel.
    First, all the employees here treat Richard as a monster. It was one of Richard's humiliation seen in the original work.
    Argen planned everything so that employees considered Richard a monster.
    If Richard is not given a mana inhibitor, he will feel great pain from the mana sleeping in his body, and if it’s left unused for a long time, he will lose his reason and run wild.
    He will turn into a beast. The only remaining instinct is to wield its power as soon as possible, and Argen took advantage of that.
    He purposely showed Richard's terrifying appearance in front of his employees to scare them.
    It is said that the sight of him losing his reason and running out of magic to break the restraint sphere was fear itself.
    Since magic is rare, the employees thought Richard was just a monster and hated him .
    Argen declared in front of the employees, beating Richard with a restraint sphere through the knights.
    <As you can see, this is a monster.>
    That's how Richard became isolated.
    ‘The fog really grew. Did you pull a trick on me yesterday?’
    I couldn't believe it.
    From the moment I saw Richard, I kept thinking of that novel.
    Perhaps I felt strange because he was hinting that this place was in the novel.
    As I accepted the reality little by little, I felt creepy.
    What happened to the people who served Richard's meal?
    Seeing that Richard did not have a personal maid yet, it was clear that the original work had just begun.
    According to my memory, in the original work, Argen watched the maids taking turns bringing Richard's meal for 10 days and tried to figure out who would be suitable as a personal maid.
    What was the standard?….
    It's been so long since I've read it, so I couldn't remember the details.
    "Let's be careful not to become a personal maid."
    This is because Richard's personal maids were later cut off for failing to stop Richard's escape attempts.
    While I was deep in thought, I was suddenly in front of Richard's room. Located in the basement, it reminded me of a prison.
    The gatekeeper standing in front of the door looked at me with a cold gaze.
    I took a deep breath.
    Okay, let's go in!