Discussion The meaning of life (depressing)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by applebeans, Nov 7, 2021.

?

Would you rather have good birth, good life or good death?

1. Born healthy

2. Live comfortably

3. Die with peace and dignity

4. Born wealthy

5. Live as a great and famous person

6. Die a death to remember

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    This is a thinker right here...hmmmm....

I'd have to say that I would want to live a happy life. A happy life automatically leading to a death where I regret nothing cause I lived a happy life.

applebeans likes this.
  2. applebeans

applebeans Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep I get it

It’s fine xD just living is cool too

Why? It’s a valid advice

So inspirational

Do everything you should, can and want to do when alive, when you’re dead, that luxury is gone.

In my case, my -doing nothing- also included not spending more time with this person, so I do feel guilty.

That’s nice

Naturally when you have done everything you want, you won’t regret at your deathbed

The bad death in my poll is like, no one around you ..(for any reason, maybe you get betrayed or they can’t get to you in time and you die alone)

Dying in gruesome way or painfully. A bit like final destination(?) death. Or in pain all the way until you die, or dragging a comatose body that only dries up until you really stop breathing. Aware of surroundings but can’t stop breathing on your own.

Dying just when you were about to reach new level of happiness/accomplish something new. Like the tragic deaths in some dramas.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2021
    Wujigege and Alexcia like this.
  3. gyan7

gyan7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My prayers for them! And I think that a lot of people are like that. Countless people die daily. Countless babies are born every second! People come and go. You don't have to be something and leave a mark of your presence. Even if you make it to History books, you aren't going to be there to be happy about it. Maybe your descendants.. of-course! Its still very impressive for a feat and yeah. If this motivates you to do things differently, why not.

As for me, 0 motivation here so I can associate with that person and sympathize with them and you, OP. What keeps me going is my family. They are doing their best for me. But I have 0 interest in life, people and things in general. I don't feel much of happiness, joy, sadness. The more I see reality, the more numb I have gotten. I honestly don't know what to tell you and how to find motivation for yourself because I personally haven't found any. But I do know that everyone is different and depending on their views on life, their feelings of motivation are probably triggered differently as well.

kkgoh, applebeans and Wujigege like this.
  4. applebeans

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought people will joke or hijack this thread, but everyone got what I was feeling more or less.

I don't think I'm depressed, but I don't feel motivated. If I start things, I often don't finish them. "what's the point?" but I'm combating this mentality too, right now :blobdead: I was surprised to live so long,
    I had always thought I would die young, so when I didn't I felt very lost
    [​IMG]

Here's hoping we may find our ~reason~ one day.

After this revelation, at least, I realise that my days are numbered and feel like I should put myself out there more and experience life for real.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2021
    gyan7 and kkgoh like this.
  5. Saorihirai

Saorihirai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would rather have a good death since life is defined by your last moment. Make sure I die with no regret and intact with my faith

applebeans likes this.
  6. applebeans

Reading List:
    Link
    That's an interesting take. Others above had focused more on the living part, I chose quiet death myself, I don't want to suffer when I go. and if I get terminally ill, I want to quickly end it.

I guess I should've explained what the options mean,
    1 - you have healthy and strong body, your birth process didn't harm you
    2 - your life is peaceful and without major setbacks
    3 - you die in a positive mood, not dying violent or tragic death
    4 - you are born with capital and have stronger start than most people
    5 - throughout your life, you are respected and well-known, famous for a good reason
    6 - many people know why/how you die or are sad because you're gone

They are not completely separate from each other - maybe someone rich gets famous then die tragically - just telling what your priorities are.

7. Saorihirai

Saorihirai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It might be an interesting take because (I didn't mention it explicitly) but I'm coming from a religious perspective. Ironically enough, your death is defined by your life rather than as an isolated moment. Death, rather than being just something purely physical is a bit different for me. For me, death is not only the meaning/purpose of human life but also a transition into the "true world" or afterlife. Therefore, whether your death is "good" or not is primarily based on how you lived your life. A good death means a well-lived life. Not necessarily "easy" or "hard", but rather more focused on faith. So it's really none of those choices. I just want my life's purpose to be fulfilled and die without regret regardless of how easy or hard my life was in terms of capital, health, or wtv.

I can look at it in the physical sense as well, and for me, the best death would be as a martyr. Which is not the easiest death. It's the opposite actually. The reason is that in my faith, dying as a martyr grants you many benefits and rewards. (A martyr in this context is classified as anyone who dies for their faith, during childbirth, or natural disaster, etc) So yea, definitely different than what you thought I meant lol.

I think I'm allowed to say this since I didn't mention any specific religion and it's just philosophical at this point.

applebeans likes this.
  8. applebeans

Reading List:
    Link
    I see! so it's more fulfilling death rather than easy death
    I believe the rule on religion is when it becomes topic for argument, it's hard not to touch on religion when talking about life and death, so I won't continue the topic of which is good or bad death, what I explained was what 'bad death' means in my poll, so that it's clearer.

in my opinion this falls to living as a great/death to remember, as saints are remembered post-mortem

9. Miku

Miku

Reading List:
    Link

Greetings
    You who are reading this, where are you and what are you doing now?
    I'm 15 and there 's something worrying me
    That I can 't talk to anyone about
    But if I address a letter to my future self
    Then I know I 'll be able to speak my mind

I feel like giving up now, I feel like crying, I feel like I 'm going to disappear
    Whose words should I trust as I move forward?
    My one and only heart has broken into pieces time and time again
    And I 'm living through painful times now
    I'm living in the present

----------------------------------------------------------------
    Greetings
    Thank you, I have something to tell your 15-year-old self
    If you keep asking yourself why and where you should go
    The answer will become clear
    The seas of adolescence can be rough
    But keep sailing the boat that is your dream towards tomorrow 's shore

Don't give up now, don't cry, when you feel like you 're going to disappear
    Then you should trust your own voice and move forward
    Even an adult like me gets hurt and has sleepless nights
    But I'm living in the bittersweet present

Everything in life has meaning
    So don't be afraid to follow your dream
    Keep on believing

-------------------------------------------------------------

I feel like giving up now, I feel like crying, I feel like I'm going to disappear
    Whose words should I trust as I move forward?
    Ah, don't give up now, don't cry, when you feel like you're going to disappear
    Then you should trust your own voice and move forward
    No matter what stage of your life you're in
    You can't get by without going through sadness
    Show me a smile, let's live in the present
    Let's live in the present

--------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings
    I pray that you who are reading this
    Will be happy
    I'm just glad I choose to keep on living.