LCD Death Mage

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by lygarx, May 21, 2017.

1. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember them killing an entire village of Majin, and feeling a little bad about killing the wailing widows, the pregnant women, and the children as they beg for their lives. They've definitely wiped out Ghoul villages, but that's the one I remember described.

2. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really don't remember that at all but I'm feeling pretty lazy and don't want to look it up since it doesn't even matter to the overall conversation.

Yknow, I was just thinking about goblins and how the story doesn't seem to know if it wants to treat them as dumb people or animals, and then the timescale dawned on me again. Shouldn't a hundred thousand years have done something to fix their insane aggression? It seems like it gets them killed every time and a hundred thousand years is actually fine on the evolutionary timescale.

And on that note I like that Arachne and harpies actually have evolved into three distinct species each.

3. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    I think that has more to do with the Demon King's reincarnation system. He made it barebones, so that regardless of the minion that dies, they all get reborn as cannon fodder small fry, that can level and rank up, but they still all start weak and stupid even when they are from a higher rank species.

4. Bielt

Bielt 『Planets Eater』『The Sin of Animosity』

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually it's not exactly like that
    As country mage said Demon King kinda made things on the fly~

At first he just made the cannon folder races of dumb animals like normal goblins~
    But as the need to have more tactical battles and more intelligent commanders he created the "noble" variants

Normal goblins and orcs are pretty much animals with very few of the evolved ones having some intelligence~
    High Goblins and Noble Orcs on the other hand are very intelligent~ as much as humans~

The thing is~
    There is almost no High Goblins or Noble Orcs outside of the boundary mountain range and the dark continent
    Which is why they are seen as animals by amid and orbaume

5. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Those two are actually considered very dangerous precisely because of their intelligence. Also the lower race domination, but they don't think those two are stupid.

6. Rendei

Rendei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  7. X07Zero

X07Zero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oh...OOOH! for a new comment to be about a new chapter, this really a surprise! XD

8. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone want to bet on whether this guy's master plan makes any sense whatsoever?

9. Baldingere

Baldingere Roseau pensant

Reading List:
    Link
    Apart to their own extremist selves, no way it would make sense to anyone. I'm waiting to hear their reasoning and sigh and curse them out.

10. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm just curious as to how dumb it will be. "We will blame all these bizarre creepy murders on the guy who has left no evidence behind whatsoever, could kill me and everyone I know in a heartbeat and is publicly considered a model citizen and hero! And also has brainwashing powers! Also all these extrajudicial murders are totally in line with what Alda preaches."

Superioreos, Eddy andres and Korleone like this.
  11. Prothvar781

Prothvar781 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean we’re not even 100% sure that the one Goldie is supporting is Alda(granted pretty good chance) or the Evil God only just now mentioned in this chapter. At least I don’t remember discussion in earlier chapters of an Evil God to look into. If the Evil God then the killings, waiting for S-Ranks to be absent, and waiting for all the Alda supporters to bail makes sense. Plus it could be an Evil God that feeds on the “sins” of the ones offered to them? Or something else easily scraped off the wall. Wouldn’t be the first curve ball author-san has thrown.

12. Mastine

Mastine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Curve ball. The sealed evil god is actually one of those on Vida's side.

13. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    My guess was that they wanted to get enough innocent people's faces that they could discredit Van, by outing him as the Face-tearing Demon, and poking holes in the flimsy evidence they presented at those murder sites.

14. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah honestly I would expect the sealed evil god to be on Vida's side otherwise why would we even care? Unless it's the god of sinful chains or MAYBE the god of evil castles or whatever that one was that was even better than Gufadgarn, there aren't really any that have the narrative weight to matter at this point.

But I guess it could also just be another powerup for Van. Eats whatever is sealed there and gets the Demon King's Liver or something so he can make pate.

Superioreos likes this.
  15. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    all talking about the terribleness of the alibi, me realizing that the followers of alda have dragged his name so much, that now saying, an extremist from alda / bellwood did it, is something that people would take as valid without questioning too much.

16. Prothvar781

Prothvar781 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We’ve seen that but we’ve also just recently seen Legion getting ticked at having their teleport misdirected to a cults slaying of a village, and an unknown, maybe unnamed(?), evil God running away due to not wanting Van’s attention. Also said Evil God cursing at its own followers for grabbing the attention of the one creature it fears since the Demon Lord perished. So we have precedent, and fairly recent at that, of Evil God worshippers acting in ways they feel will benefit their god the most while just pulling at the ankles of said god.

Ultimately what I’m getting at is that we all seem to focus on Alda/Rodcorte vs Vida and co, as the only two factions. But it is a world that if Van wants peace he’ll have to handle several different factions including solo acts. Said solo acts being Evil Gods doesn’t really matter as they now count as random bandit encounters for Van most of the time. So yeah I’m advocating that Evil Gods have been reduced to free roaming bandits trying to make benefits out of the big names fighting lol.

17. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe, maybe not, but why would we as readers care about some chump nobody god that rules over hernias or something at this point? That's not something worth building up to. Especially given that they're already sealed. It's not exciting.

18. Overlord2019

Overlord2019 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sadly, that is what Alda and his bunch preach. As we've seen from Bellwood's dungeon, especially the acts of Curtatos, Alda and his bunch preach that the best way to "expose wickedness" is to just straight up lie, misrepresent, and go around framing the being they want to "expose" and then telling everyone that what they're portraying is fact when the poor sod has suffered punishment for whatever it is that they were accused of.

And if people disagree, we get fanatical nutjobs like Bormack Gordan bearing down on the "heretics" with an army of templars that burn all dissension to the ground.

Presumably, the only reason there hasn't already been an armed revolt is that the Alda enforced crack-down on technological advancement makes logistics between nearby cities pretty darn hard.

19. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What you preach and what you do are entirely different things. Alda not really living up to his own teachings is actually a plot point, but the average person doesn't really know that. Alda's (original) teachings as described are actually entirely reasonable: Pay people for the work they do, punish sinners but after the punishment ends forgive them, maintain the rule of law etc. Nothing in there about vigilante mutilations, especially not of people who are actually innocent of committing any serious crimes.

20. Rendei

Rendei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Alda treats Vida's races very differently than Humans, Elves, and Dwarves. Vida's races are targets of extermination. In his eyes the law has already judged them to be guilty.

The unlawful murder and framing of Humans is definitely not something that he would support. It goes entirely against who he is as a god. Though the subordinate gods under him could have different ideas, like Fitun did.