Question What is Worm?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by aser123, Nov 10, 2021.

1. aser123

aser123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When I'm searching for novel/ fanfic there is sometimes this tag / description.

Is it name of story or genre? What it's about?

2. Marvin

Marvin The Man who realize love

Reading List:
    Link
    "I got reincarnated and turned into worm" a very popular novel that hasn't been written yet but it got already a nomination for an oscar

3. unlucky

unlucky Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Worm is an english webnovel that was published in the early 2010s, it has something of a cult following especially on websites like SpaceBattles where it has its own sub-forum in the online fic forum there. and many fanfic writers like to set their stories in that world because of how expansive and fleshed out it is, though from my experience many just end up being very bizarre fix-fics.

Worm is basically the story of a world that is pretty much dying from extra-terrestrial monsters that invade every once in a while. the story mainly follows the life of a highschool girl called taylor as she obtains superpowers and her attempts to use those super powers. its a very dark story and a very cynical take on the whole superhero genre in general but it has its charm, though I will admit I haven't read it in a long time at this point.

if you are interested in reading the webnovel, here is the link to the table of contents https://parahumans.wordpress.com/table-of-contents/