Spoiler Dear Anonymous Sponsor

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Rin.rinaaa, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Rin.rinaaa

Rin.rinaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    62787.jpg

Description:

Judith, a war orphan of a defeated nation, concealed her identity and exiled to the federal state. She has an anonymous supporter, whom she never met or knew his name, age or how he looked.

On one summer day, five years after she sent her letter to her anonymous supporter, once a month with gratitude, she received a letter from him.

“Miss Judith, how about spending this summer at Waltz's Curtis mansion?”
    Waltz, the capital of Baja, from where the letter was sent, Judith’s heart bloomed with happiness by receiving a letter from her sponsor. She was amazed to see the skyscrapers, the kind which she saw in the newspapers, which she had never seen in her life.

“Miss Judith, don’t trust your sponsor too much .”

As soon as Judith got off the train, she got involved with an infamous gangster.

“I didn't know there were guests. That said, a lady too."

At the sponsor's mansion, which she had finally arrived,
    there was a suspicious someone that lived in the house instead of her sponsor.

“I don't share anything that comes into my hand once.”

And the real owner of the mansion who had returned after a while.

In the hot summer, as the strange air current spreads around her and the three men, the number of questions gradually increases.

“Have you ever thought it was weird? About the things they erased from your memories.”

Of the three men who hide their secrets, a nobleman from a foreign country, a successful businessman in the military business, a boss of a low-quality gang, who really is her sponsor?

This is really a breath of fresh of air from the usual promos about reincarnation and villainess tropes. I also love the mystery vibes this novel is radiating. I'm really curious who her sponsor is. Hopefully it ain't some sketchy dude.

The author of this book also wrote Seduce the Villain's Father.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

3. MiyaMira

MiyaMira Jobseeking Sloth ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Certified Imouto

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds like Daddy Long Legs to me :blobpeek:

4. koyavv

koyavv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone:
    Also the author is the same as ‘I raised a black dragon’ and ‘Seduce the villain’s father’

5. MiyuChan16

MiyuChan16 I'm craving some food...

Reading List:
    Link
    Who's the male lead here?:blobthinkingsmirk::blob_coffee::blobhyperthink:

crystalleciel likes this.
  6. rero00

rero00 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just came to comment that

7. JustLovingly

JustLovingly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who's the ml???

8. itsgraxiabibi

itsgraxiabibi smol beby

Reading List:
    Link
    I skipped and read the ending bc Im also curious. It was
    Ethan

Ethan finally released Judith’s hand, bowed his head and kissed her. It was a kiss that penetrated the inside of the lips and entered deeply. As if to protect his words, he stayed with her for a long time, licking the inside of her warm mouth thoroughly.

9. JustLovingly

Reading List:
    Link
    Is Ethan her sponsor?

10. itsgraxiabibi

itsgraxiabibi smol beby

Reading List:
    Link
    I havent reached that part yet so I can say I dont know hahaha I just cant wait to know who the ML is so I can love him now I will update once I found out who her sponsor is

11. JustLovingly

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, alright thanks☺️

12. aneliese

aneliese Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't finished reading this story yet, but:

The three ML candidates:
    • Ethan: A blond and beautiful Duke from a foreign country. He is the shirtless guy in the manhwa. Ethan had a younger sister named Chloe who died, so he and Judith connect over both having lost their sister, and he acts like an older brother around Judith. Judith doesn't remember that she also met Ethan years ago during the war, when he was the "Colonel" from the enemy side. So Ethan was one of the main causes of Judith's country being wiped off the map. He was the real anonymous sponsor, but turned over the role to Rogeric two years ago when Judith came of age. Ethan was in another country at the time and couldn't read/respond to letters anymore.
    • Rogeric: He is introduced to Judith as her anonymous sponsor, but it was actually Ethan originally. He works in the military business and is very possessive of Judith. He and Ethan are old friends and former college roommates.
    • Heath: The redhead. He also grew up in an orphanage like Judith, but was a "problem child" who had no interest in bonding with the other children. Initially he acts like an abrasive jerk towards Judith, but develops feelings for her and helps her in his own special way. When Judith uses her powers in self-defense and has a breakdown afterwards, Heath consoles her that there's nothing at all wrong with killing people in self-defense; on the contrary, it's something she should write and brag about to the orphanage's director. He also offers to clean up the crime scene for her. (It was a weirdly sweet scene.) Heath receives Judith's first kiss.
    They're all very likeable as ML candidates. As someone else spoiled, it ends up being Ethan. I think he was the best choice, but I did feel sorry for poor, sweet tsundere Heath. Hopefully he'll find another girl to clean up crime scenes for.

The Ethan/Judith romance is done well and grows slowly. Halfway through, Ethan realizes that his feelings for Judith aren't brotherly, but also thinks that it's impossible for Judith to love someone who once destroyed her country and caused her sister's death. There's a scene where Ethan, Heath, and Judith visit a shooting range together, then Ethan teaches Judith to use a semi-automatic rifle. Judith gets distracted by having Ethan so close and touching her. Ethan tells her to imagine that she's shooting at the one who killed her sister. Judith shoots and hits the heart of the target.

Judith: Was born with red eyes, which she conceals with a power-suppressing necklace. When people see her real eyes, she can control their minds, wipe their memories, and make them either love or fear her. Judith can't always control her powers; sometimes her powers can also act according to her unconscious wishes.

People with these powers (called Maines) are seen as demonic and killed at birth, but Judith survived the attempt to kill her as a baby.

Judith's half-sister Lizelotte was the Crown Princess, and their father was the King of Kilgeny. After the Queen (Lizelotte's mother) died, the King had a relationship with the Queen's former maid. The maid was intended to become the next Queen, but died in an accident, leaving behind the newborn Judith. When baby Judith was discovered to have red eyes, the royal family put her in a room without food so that she would die on her own. But even after ten days, the baby still hadn't died. Later, it was discovered that the nanny who had discovered Judith's red eyes had secretly gone into the room with food.

Lizelotte adored her sweet younger sister Judith, but was disturbed to realize that she lost track of time around Judith. Days would pass without Lizelotte noticing. After Lizelotte gave Judith the necklace, Lizelotte wept with relief to see that she still loved Judith even when Judith's powers were suppressed. People with special abilities often have a particular desire to be loved and protected, instead of cast out, and this wish can cause them to hypnotize other people even without intending to. (The nanny who fed baby Judith was probably hypnotized.)

Lizelotte was the only person who loved Judith; everyone else feared her. When Kilgeny was invaded, Lizelotte evacuated Judith. All royals were said to have committed suicide before they ended up in the enemy's hands. Judith was captured, but stole a rifle and tried to escape the prisoner-of-war train several times. After Judith was shot, she ended up in hospital where they removed her necklace. Judith was out of her mind and injured 20 people when she woke up. Ethan was the only one who was able to communicate with her. Ethan had just lost his own sister and promised to give Judith whatever she wanted. Judith kept asking for her sister Lize, and Ethan guessed that it must have been the Crown Princess.

Judith initially comes across as a sweet and innocent heroine, but she has a darker side that comes out when her powers are unleashed.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2022
  13. Tea1029

Tea1029 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for the spoilers! I'm really curious about this so I bought it on ridibooksㅠㅠ

aneliese likes this.
  14. Tea1029

Tea1029 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm done with the mtl:

https
    ://workupload.
    com
    /file
    /N2aTdZYXrHw

(I can't add link)

I don't mind if you share it with someone

15. twilight_123

twilight_123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanx...:blobsmilehappy:

Tea1029 likes this.
  16. your crush

your crush Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you very much!!

Tea1029 likes this.
  17. Shiirochan

Shiirochan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone share it with me please I can't open it

18. layyu

layyu Adopt me plsss

Reading List:
    Link
    For those who wanted to be redirected to the link, click here.

19. aneliese

aneliese Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think this story is probably meant to be a loose adaptation of Daddy-Long-Legs. The heroine in DLL was also named Judy and eventually got together with her anonymous benefactor (Jervis/Ethan). Original Judy had a red-haired second ML (Jimmy/Heath) as well. So it's interesting to compare how the Korean version adapted the story.

Daddy-Long-Legs can be read online here: https://gutenberg.org/cache/epub/157/pg157.html

It's an old book, but it's still an easy and fun read about a girl in college who writes letters to her anonymous benefactor.

luliibunny, Hazel123, layyu and 3 others like this.
  20. Hazel123

Hazel123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any spoiler?