Discussion Mind Games

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by WHF_reads, Nov 14, 2021.

1. WHF_reads

WHF_reads Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone please tell me your mind tricks to mess people up? Especially in sports and social situations.

Like: bring up a particular manner of a person to make that person focus on it, until he's so confused he'll mess up.

Disclaimer: it's only for writing purposes. No actual, living human would be manipulated.

(I promise I'm a good person.)

predictingthings likes this.
  2. Deleted member 369806

Deleted member 369806 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
  3. pleasepickthisup

pleasepickthisup ✨pretty✨

Reading List:
    Link
    Def distractions, cause a big commotion here while performing a trick somewhere else. One specific example would be a play/stage-performance dimming the lights for 10 seconds (so that your eyes have not adjusted) and turning the lights back on, and wala~ the set has changed.
    Same thing with pickpockets, you can pretend to trip while actually snatching a watch, etc.

Dinsey uses "go away green" to "hide" staff doors right in front of a crowd's eyes.

There's also those internet trends were someone goes like "1 + 1 = " "2 + 2 = " etc. etc. "think of a vegetable" and most likely you'll answer "carrot". etc.

As for sports, we can use football/soccor as an example, when the ball approaches the goal, someone can feint to the left, the goalie will jump there while they actually kick to the right.

Oh, have you ever watched those videos where its just like a wholesome video of a dog, a video of a blank wall, a video of a funny joke, and then suddenly something is thrown at the camera, like a fast moving basketball or a spider. Those sort of jumpscares might count.

I know these prolly weren't the examples you wanted LOL

I did find some threads on reddit that *might* help
    https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/266eev/sociopaths_of_reddit_what_tricks_do_you_use_to/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/b2w6rh/people_of_reddit_who_are_good_at_manipulating/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Manipulation/comments/e28ycp/i_am_a_master_manipulator_ask_me_anything/

of course for research purposes only LMAO

4. WHF_reads

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, it's like a smokescreen strategy.

Thanks bruv. I definitely will keep these in mind in the future.

Deleted member 369806 likes this.
  5. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    too lazy to watch whole thing~
    so maybe that about make ya opponent lose calmness?

anyway basically you can mess up opponent by make them lose calm, be it anger them or make them scared or fear~

taunting, trolling, mocking, baiting, bluffing or thing like that~

for social event now that more tricky depend on do care about your image or not~
    the simplest way is argue like children basically cutting on conversation with loud sound, cynical face stuff hmmm you know like the funny pic of triggered people? it seem dumb but with deliberate or intentionally stuff it can affect audience certain way and your opponent~ mostly on debate, discussion or thing like that~ plus with personal attacks well it work for most average people~ on fighting game it equal to brawn over brain stuff~ it is good for character that kinda on muscle trait or brash or thing like that~
    the other way is elegantly mock ya opponent.... tbh it is hard to write cuz this cat is lazy~ on low stage by simply twist logic hmm there proper term for that~ on high stage well logic against logic on bloodiest battle of the words.... good luck with that~

there more detail about how to sabotage an event such as deliberately prolonging something, divide et empira aka make two faction against each other....
    meh~
    this cat too lazy....
    so what kind of event you wanna sabotage?

6. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd just say shit that'd confuse or boggle someone.

I'm black so if someone asks me to do something I usually say some shit like "Oh wow. You want the black man to do all your dirty work huh" or some shit. Its kinda funny seeing someone squirm after saying shit like that.

Or I'd say some shit that could have them thinking all day like "Hey man, whered you buy those treogs?" and before they answer just walk away. It only works with strangers outside.

7. lygarx

lygarx Lazy Translator

Reading List:
    Link
    Mind Games. Like mind goblins?
    Mind goblin’ deez nuts

Deleted member 369806 likes this.
  8. Effugium

Effugium [Investigator], Praise Shigure-sama

Reading List:
    Link
    It depends on the situation. But for me, I used to deliberately act weirdly so when I actually act weird, nobody would notice. If not, then i used to also pretend to know things(that i only know very little of) to get more information out of someone. Other than that, maybe just stare at that person with a smile until he/she decides to give up or I give up.

predictingthings and WHF_reads like this.
  9. Shizukani

Shizukani Chronically stressed

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you mean like mind tricks to make a person mess up during sports or social situations? Hmm... Maybe tell them all the things that could go wrong while pretending to be worried? Pretty sure it's already at the back of their mind so all you need to do is to enhance and affirm that.

>.> Do NOT do this. :notlikeblob:

10. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    stuff that mess people around me up:
    I previously decided to cut my nails in class and my seatmmate told me how annoying it was at the end of the year
    when I clear my throat in the exam hall, my friend wishes I would shut up (I dont do this intentionally I swear)
    I guess when someone is talking you start making distracting noises

WHF_reads likes this.
  11. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    I read this in a novel: hold a lavish expensive wedding ceremony to show how much you love your spouse-to-be, but do not feed your guests to show how much you hate them :blobrofl:

WHF_reads likes this.
  12. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    If it's in sports, I think body motion will play a key role. More than the ball, people will look at hands (basketball), feet (football/soccer) and eyes (in general) as a sort of anticipation of where the ball will appear. There's a trick for pedestrians in a crowd that if you look at the path you mean to take, people coming toward you will make way to free up that path. Well, as long as they bother to look at your face lol. Some people walk as if they own the world, can't help those. So anyway, it's all about feinting by using body language.

Well, if you mean who to get someone in a bad state of mind beforehand, you just need to plant negativity in their minds. Like instead of saying "If you won..." you say "If you lost..." and then a bunch of stuff that may happen like "If you lose this game, you'll lose your scholarship chance". Similarly, for positive enforcement, you'll plant positive thoughts. Like avoid saying "Don't worry", "You won't mess up", and sentences containing negations - the brain kinda ignores the negation and fixates on the words after them, so such motivation actually makes people more anxious... So it's better to say "You'll do great" or "Concentrate and it'll go well".

Um, the best manipulation is done over a longer period of time by slight suggestions and repetitions, especially when people are tired, eating, or later during the day. That's a technique that will always work.

There are some techniques to make people trust you more and open up, which then leaves them open to suggestions. But there are also some people who are very assertive and self-confident, who usually won't fall for this. Psychopaths also won't fall for it. And also people who are aware of these techniques lol. To be liked - agree with the other person's opinion instead of challenging it, and just add on to theirs in agreement. To make them open up - subtly mirror their body language. If you're interested In this stuff for your writing I suggest reading up on NLP. It's a pseudoscience, but so is the 16 types of personality test and people are still convinced they're accurate, so there might be something there. After all, people are kinda predictable and follow certain patterns. As long as you're observant. The way people talk reveals a lot about their personality and mindset. https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/320368#examples

If you want to be mean and hurt someone, shoot in the dark until you find their insecurities. Everyone has insecurities and some are pretty obvious if they're appearance-related. For guys, it would more likely be performance-related or lack of peer recognition. Well, this type of bullying may earn you a fist in the face if you're not subtle. And it won't work on people who are confident and don't care for recognition.

Some more methods: https://www.goodtherapy.org/blog/red-flags-are-you-being-emotionally-manipulated-0917197

13. WHF_reads

Reading List:
    Link
    :notlikeblob:

I won't do it in real life intentionally lol.

(Though I may have already used it once in a HS debate.)

I won't do it in real life intentionally lol.

(Though I may have already used it once in HS debate.
    ^omg thanks for this. I would most definitely read up on more materials :)blobpeek:).

Thanks for the suggestions everyone~

14. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link

Theres no abc formula to that...

Got to learn how they behave how a mind subconsciously reacts to certain situations and then use it to anticipate and manipulate.

Just go join courses for psychology, criminal psychology, neurology of preset motions of mind....etc..

You need to learn what a mind does before the person himself becomes aware of it. That's how you can stay one step ahead and lead them on.

Good luck on your...*cough* theoreticals :blobpeek:

15. absenior19

absenior19 Neutral Rational

Reading List:
    Link
    mind games are sometimes cool to watch and read. It shows how smart you are

Somewhere between love and hate lies confusion, misunderstanding and desperate hope