Spoiler My Iyashikei Game

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kkgoh, Jun 17, 2021.

1. kkgoh

kkgoh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just started reading My Iyashikei Game, same author as My House of Horrors of which I was a big fan of.
    Figure I'll create a spoiler thread for discussions since I couldn't find one posted.

I'm only at Chapter 75 and am already having lots of serious misgivings about the direction of the novel.
    Am hoping people who read ahead can clarify a few key things for me so I can persist reading. Summoning translator @lonelytree !!

(1) If you die in the game, do you die for real?
    I've read and re-read earlier chapters to check, but I just can't confirm. Whether MC is in the "cryptic" or "surface" part of the virtual world, it seems like you just reset your character once you die.

(2) What are the ghosts?
    Are they just AI reconstructions of people based on the heavy data collection practices of the Chinese govt (as per the developer of the "Perfect Life" game around C73)? Or real supernatural beings like traditional ghosts?

(3) Has anyone read the webtoon "Movies Are Real"?
    There is SERIOUS overlap, at least in first case. My understanding is that Movies Are Real was published on Kakao around 2/28/2021. My Iyashikei Game was published on Qidian around 1/25/2021.
    That's a really tiny time gap. I don't want to say there's plagiarism on any side, but ...

2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

3. lonelytree

lonelytree Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. If MC dies in game, he'll go comatose in real life.

2. It's a bit of both. But you can understand them as traditional ghosts. The tech stuff is just to override the Chinese ban on supernatural elements (don't ask me why, i don't get it either)

3. I have not read that.

Rin.rinaaa and kkgoh like this.
  4. Sehzan

Sehzan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This novel got a really high rating! I was quite surprised since the synopsis was only one sentence lol! It sparked my curiosity!:blob_grin:

5. Miku

Miku

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there a waifu like Zhang Ya for Chen Ge, for our protagonist? I'm still in chapter 29 right now.

3. if it is published on Kakao at 28 February 2021, then the production must be before that. On one hand, usually the production of a chapter takes 1 week per chapter for a lot of webtoons I've read, so I think it's safe to revise it to 21 February 2021 at the latest for the production to start. On the other hand, planning stages haven't been accounted for. The approval for Kakao, the idea pitching to Kakao, we don't know how long it lasted.

The serious overlap is perhaps just a coincidence. The one in movies are real is more like a psychometry rather than the virtual reality one in My Iyashikei Game. And it works on fabricated reality. The direction of the character development is also different. It's just that the first case is similar, both involving the serial killer and solving cases based on that.

kkgoh likes this.
  6. fuwa.fuwa

fuwa.fuwa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. In cryptic world, die in game = die in real life in comatose state / brain dead imo and it's not only MC but everyone who got 'sucked' into the cryptic (beside MC, their exit button is gone so without MC's help, they couldn't leave (more detail after Ziggurat arc)

2. It's for avoiding Chinese's law but starting Cattle Alley, author slowly hinted "ghost = real", the current arc (Hospital) already written that Pure Hatred could appear in real life and do their job, while Unmentionable seemed like (?) and none remember them (as it's a written rule, the ghost won't dare speak their name, the living won't remember them and their past record won't be discovered)

3. I've read it first and honestly I stopped read it way before I found MIG. I won't say it's plagiarism as system genre is already common like isekai / returned / 2nd life / solo genre. Way before them, there's idol system (my uncle is idol or something). Although I could understand why you think so, it's just like when "solo" manhwa became popular and some got accused of plagiarism of solo leveling while actually it's released first way before SL....then it's calmed down bcs after that there's lot of solo manhwa

At first, it could be boring for its slow pace but since Cattle Alley, the author got back his track while it's different from MHoH, MIG has it's own charisma while trying to avoid being banned. Currently, the author (team) even released 3 chapter per day this month alone.... I suspect it's the excitement of writing hospital arc (3 pure hatred with story they could appear in real life)

kkgoh likes this.
  7. OripathyKaltsit

OripathyKaltsit New Member

Reading List:
    Link

And I have some theories about the cryptic world.
    I feel like the cryptic world is the World in the Black Fog?? Since human managed to develop technologies and then went to human brain and heart, negative emotions from these things created a passage to the world behind the door

And also I think after the Tallest Building Arc it would reveal about his past, the bloody orphanage, the death of 30 children and the experimentations of the 62 childrens including the second batch where Seaglass Cat was involved and especially what really created the Mad Laughing Han Fei and what really is Han Fe after saving the 30 children and Mad Laughter and also why is the second batch of children are now indifferent towards each other or forgot about them (Seaglass Cat a.k.a. No. 31, Yan Tang no specific number but something in his mind supposedly eat him but he won in his 18th year, No. 11 a.k.a the Clown in Paradise, No. 4 in Paradise, White Shoes in Plastic Surgery Area and the orphanage kid in the Tallest Building sorry I forgot his orphanage number) and also why is the Painter in Plastic Surgery Area isn't helping the orphanage kids or Han Fei saving them? Didn't he promised he would? Or I made a mistake? Anyways I have a feeling that we would explore more on the Heaven Cinema in the Cattle Alley Area since the street going into that place wasn't really explored fully by Han Fei because he is exploring more street going into the Paradise area and Xu Qin was hurt during the visitation additionally only the vet, dumpling resto or hairdresser are really emphasized about the special things and building there but Han Fei did see the cinema going into Cattle Alley or probably solving the mystery behind the curse of Spectral Dog like why did the author left these things out especially Fu Sheng mentioned in his diary that the Spectral Dog contain a very curious curse. Or maybe the dilapidated ancestral house that Han Fei seen in a map when contacting Fu Sheng's friend a.k.a. Du Zhu's niece. She hold a map conversing Han Fei. Or maybe the Dilapidated Ancestral House was already explored? Like after Han Fei left the chain of clubs he went to the Gardener's home?? Was it the Dilapidated Ancestral House? Idk.

Also I hope the author won't rush the ending. It feels like the story is still not complete.

Han Fei's family like what is the secret of Little 8? Why is she the key? A key to what? And why did the Butterfly mentioned he would have a chance to see Fu Sheng's memory shards deeper into the city. Also what is the secret behind the 'If you gain the highest relationship to all neighbors in Happiness Neighborhood, it would affect your gameplay in playing Perfect Life' I think this quote of the system is after he completed the manager task in Building 1?? And also it wasn't stated what was the past of the girl with cursed hands, the man with a knife in his chest and spectral dog. It's more on the wife that was killed by domestic violence Qu Yun and the incarnations of misfortune Lee Zai and Lee Huo. I did understand about Qu Yun since she is a potential manager in Building 2 and she's quite powerful and her ability is mysterious. Lee Zai and Lee Huo helped Han Fei because they felt they could become more strong after they saw Han Fei carrying the Convenience Store Paper Doll Boss' Coffin into Building 1 but they're definitely afraid of Xu Qin, even Big Sin is afraid lmao. But the other neighbors, I felt they are left out? Especially the Spectral Dog. He's quite special. Ah yes Xu Qin's past and Big Sin's growth is also still not revealed. Xu Qin as a curse amalgamation and why Fu Sheng sealed her memories about his brother or really her memories, and Big Sin since he's still in larval stage and the mortal enemy of Butterfly

kkgoh likes this.