LCD Death Mage

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by lygarx, May 21, 2017.

1. Donce

Donce Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And after many years here will be many legends how Van started to have sex at age 2 with many women and have created many new races. Like in case of Vida.

2. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not yet...
    He was 1 when he rejuvenated Zadris...

3. lordtalon

lordtalon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. spycho357

spycho357 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Van bringing his weakest familiars and can still nuke a duchy, that aside how about that nonchalant comment that blows up everything the duke's house is built on. Can't wait for the reveal and Van's next snack.

5. anon

anon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    anytime i see or hear "nom" nowadays im always pulled right back to hellsing abridged.

Baldingere likes this.
  6. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh so it really is just some random god we absolutely do not care about at all.

I've always found this devouring and fusing between gods (and sometimes devouring their followers) kind of odd and inconsistent with soul breaking being special. I mean, it seems you CAN eliminate a soul entirely even without death magic.

7. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's because assimilation doesn't actually eliminate them completely, Lambda's God of the Dark Flames of War (or whatever Farmaun's patron decides to go with during Van's regime) is a pretty good example since he's currently a divine trinity from what I understand, still three gods in one.

This chapter really only shows that these Gods are all about the self-owns though. Since the God of Snacking and Stealing (with a side of Mountains and Sealing) is serving himself up as Van's next snack.

8. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah but it still eliminates the god entirely, so far as we can tell. And it's still Zantark, he just speaks strangely.

Also, to be fair, a god of cannibalism being able to straight up eat other gods is actually fine with me. It's just what he does. And yes, this god is an idiot. I mean, I guess maybe he's hoping that if he or one of his minions eats Van he can win him some death magic?

9. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    look at it this way, in the case of life and darcia, both are now one, but the soul of darcia, or rather, the components of the soul that made up darcia, merged with the soul of life, and now, consciousness Darcia is part of the life soul, only that the parts like the mana pool are directly connected to the darcia soul and only limited by the limits of the body.

a similar case are marie doe and legion, equal fused souls, now they all share the same nucleus and blank space, but there are multiple components that make up consciousness, in the case of legion each one retains its individual personality, being interconnecting but independent consciences , while in marie doe, the different consciences were erased and now they all learn at the same time, multiple consciences but with the same person.

But in the case of zakkart, the difference between a creator god and two evil gods is clear, and he keeps the consciences of the two gods suppressed, although that influenced his personality, being much calmer than in the past. cut off the contaminated half, very poorly the consciousness of that free fragment, or at least a fragment of it disappeared.

Another mention is the breaking of a soul into pieces, such as gurudanis or the god of liberation, in the case of the first it is so powerful that each soul formed a conscience maintaining its personality, while the second, if they had gathered enough fragments of the soul , a conscience would have been formed, but it would have partially or totally lost its personality, being forgotten or changed depending on the state of the soul.

the difference of all these methods to what Vandeliu and guru do, is that they destroy the core of the soul, preventing it from being reunited, and erasing the consciousness.

the gods do not mind too much losing everything they are or sleeping for eons, but it is because they are immortal and no matter what, one day, they will wake up again, but devouring or destroying the soul is usually the end.

CountryMage likes this.
  10. metazoxan

metazoxan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    injesting his blood doesn't make them related. Nor does him using his powers to Psudo transmigrate them. In the case of the former his blood is just acting like a mutagen. They don't become part of his bloodline ... except maybe the bloodslime which litterally took on the properties of ghe blood potion to at least some extent.

In the case of the latter it's more like a doctor helping a patients. The treatment it just using his powers to reincarnate them.

He seems to consider Pauvina as something like a sister of sorts. But that's more an informal matter than an actual family tree thing (after all she's not considered a princess of the empire).

As for his mother he actually wasn't even entirely responsible for that as it was the room of life that brought her back not his power. He just gathered the materials to aid in her rebirth. Like a son bringing medicine to his sick mother ... sort of.

He's definitely going to have a crazy ass family tree later on if even half the women pursuing him have their way. But we're not quite there yet.
    Fusing corrupts the soul. In the case one soul is far stronger than the other they can maintain their ego but the souls absorbed still affect them.

Rember what happened with Fitun? The cowardness and weakness of Hajime caused him to hesitate at a crucial moment during the fight and he couldn't control it. Even though the origional Fitun would have never thought to do such a thing. BUt Fitun believed himself so superior to Hajime that the influence of his soul would be of little consequence ... he was wrong.

As for this new god we don't know what he was really like before or after the fusion. Because he took advantge of the other two god's while they were weak he was able to dominate the fusion enough to still recognize himself as himself. But he could be a completely unrecognizable being compared to before for all we know.

As a few others have said it's also unclear how permanate fusion is and if seperation is possible. BUt even if it's not the fact a god risks completely losing themselves in a fusion is a problem. So it's not something a sane god would normally do.

But when VAN devours a soul he digests it entirely. Taking all of the power from the soul while erasing it's ego. So he can destroy or eat souls without consequence to himself.

11. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, Vida and Darcia did not merge. They're still separate. Not a great example to use.

And yeah I suppose maybe fusion is reversible? Would be nice if they noted that but I assume it'll never happen for anyone in Vida's faction. Actually, come to think of it, if it was possible wouldn't Zantark have spit out one of the gods he merged with and then let Van eat it?

12. metazoxan

metazoxan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It might not be possible to conciously do so. Or they've just been merged for too long?

The simple answer is we don't even know if it's possible ... but we also don' t know if it's impossible.

13. Prothvar781

Prothvar781 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I’m half or more of the way through chap but still came back. Stopped at the point Goldie walked out of the secret room. What I’ve gotten out of this is: God Camouflage, God Assimilation and failed Master Plans. God of Cannibalism = afternoon snack and room service Van will actually enjoy.

And just read the last paragraph. “I could heal them if you want me to.” The most nonchalant flex man can make. I feel death is near. I can prevent it or grant it more quickly.

Actually laughed hard enough housemate heard it through his door and was confused.

14. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I had to sigh at that. "Mwuhaha, let me explain my god's master plan for no reason. Explicitly. Then let's just leave you alive, on the verge of death, alone in a place where an S class freak with death based abilities is coming."

15. maoserr

maoserr Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone read the raws? does this story ever reach the end goal? or is it just kinda of slice of life world building for a while? I thought it was getting close to the end with Fitun, but looks like it's slowing down. I really enjoy this story, but I tend to lose interest if it drags on.

anon likes this.
  16. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    IIRC It is pretty much in epilogue mode.
    Heinz, Bellwood and Rod have been nom-nomed and Alda lobotomized.

17. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's like sixteen volumes or something like that? So we're like 2/3 through.

18. Mastine

Mastine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think of fusion like mixing a drink. You pour two liquids together. If you add more out of one bottle over the other that flavor will dominate your palate. Trying to pour your drink BACK into the bottles it came from is possible but separating the contents 100% isn't going to happen without time magic.

19. maoserr

maoserr Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks!

20. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I think I'd accept that 100%. I just really wish the author would address these kinds of details sometimes. I mean, not every time. No one has time for that. But we don't need an entire chapter about the culinary possibilities of flying kraken.

anon likes this.