Discussion An ought for you when shopping

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Sawanara murasaki, Nov 15, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Sawanara murasaki

Sawanara murasaki Sawa the HEro-sensei

Reading List:
    Link
    I just generalise this, alright! So for me, when shopping for food usually
    • Checking the expiration date
    • Vegetable: choose the one with the lowest price. For leaf vegetables, take the one with less hole or no holes at all. Look out for living caterpillar! Yuck!
    • Buy a chocolate or any sweet stuffs (that includes sweets:blobwhistle:)
    • Checking the content of any product especially when trying new brand for soap, hair shampoo or any other products like creams and stuff. I'm very strict when it comes to manufacture juice, I'll check the content to ascertain that they contain no sugar.
    • Look through coloured bottles (Welp, there this one shop which cheats customer and I was one of 'em! My sister bought me a shampoo and I was really² mad that the bottle was only half filled! I dislike that shop so glad we don't go there for shopping)
    • Finally, quality. Sometimes I bought expensive stuffs because of quality, not all cheap stuffs have excellent quality though

2. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    I think this is a given :blobrofl:

Did you buy expired food in the past?

3. Sawanara murasaki

Sawanara murasaki Sawa the HEro-sensei

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes and I regretted it and that food during that time had expired like 2 months ago and the shop still sold it!! I was super duper mad about it~

4. Miku

Miku

Reading List:
    Link
    1. farmer's market is cheaper than supermarket in my place. check the price differential.
    2. use soap nut instead of detergent.
    3. change your sponge to loofah.
    4. if possible, use dishwasher to save water.
    5. if you are buying EV, you just transfer the pollution to the power plant, true. but the pollution is localized at first, which means it is more effective to filter out the carbon at one place. but honestly, go bike if it is not deadly to do so.
    6. it's better to invest in solar panel if you live near equator.

5. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl:

Many shops are unfortunately negligent

Sawanara murasaki likes this.
  6. Zazaisme

Zazaisme Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    • I usually take the bottle placed at the corner back, because people usually already check the one on the front display and the content already decrease. (In case of parfume, lotion, etc.)
    • When shopping with my friends, they are usually unreliable to chose what to buy. And it is tempting when they said "let's buy it as couple". But I learn to differentiate what is necesity and which is my own desire.
    • When I have a lot to buy, I will think about: do I need it? What for? Will I be able to take care of it? Is it of use? How long will I be able to use it? How to get the bargain on my side?
    At some point I stop buying unnecessary things like accessories and small little gift. I dont use it anyway...

mir and Sawanara murasaki like this.