Discussion Boruto vs Naruto (Boruto stans(

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by Emissary Nouvelle, Nov 3, 2021.

1. Emissary Nouvelle

Emissary Nouvelle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not seeing your point. They are different stories but as I've said before and what my fellow daoists have said after, Naruto is set just before this barely any time at all and these characters are in Boruto so the comparison is necessary, in any novel or fiction you don't focus just on the same generation since they don't exist in isolation, they have parents and cousins etc.

Add to that the same world, similar characters designs partially active involvement of past characters with a constant presence then you get sh*t. In that short period of time it's impossible for Naruto and Sasuke to get that much weaker, Sasuke's abilities are based in his eyes which don't need Excersing and chakra doesn't just disappear with age, Naruto has been a hack from day one, he barely trains anyway.

Add to that the actual duration of (just after nine tails, fourth hokage, great war etc) Naruto and Naruto Shippuden keeping in mind everything was normal before and just after the war/before Boruto, then everyone is a veteran especially the edgy little brother of the cool kid itachi and the poor class clown blondy seeking attention who are god tier, GOD Tier. Power like that doesn't just fade away, in fact they should be stronger just with time passing, irregardless of whether they train or not.

So 12-17/8 year old them vs whatever their age is now shouldn't really be drastically different for them and the other side characters, rock Lee in particular should follow in the great ones footsteps and the great guy, Guy himself shouldn't be weakened from 'lack of training' it defies their very core.

The basis is this, yes anime is illogical but a prequel so soon before the series puts logic in the picture hence Boruto's faults are more glaring. Add the little toppings of Naruto not being even majorly faultless and is an anime where you ignore some BS here and there to enjoy it then Boruto being even several tiers lower than that is just on or less than trash.

2. Deleted member 369806

Deleted member 369806 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Most of parents and cousins, especially the skilled ones died in shuppuden, environment also changed, and the village was rebuilt several times, if anything, you are ignoring many events that happened in shippuden, Naruto shippuden happened before Boruto, not Naruto, if you look like one of your parents, I can't expect you to follow their same footsteps and do exactly what they did, right?

Yeah but physical abilities do decrease with age and are affected with age, try not exercising for just a week, they got the abilities and the skills but simply their bodies can't keep up now

Sasuke left the village to train, Naruto went with Jiraiya, they learned stuff from battles with Bee and the like, etc... their lifes were focused on training and fighting in both Naruto and in Naruto Shippuden, but that doesn't matter, just because one is Itachi's brother and the the other is god tier because he got some beast within, yeah... I think you got the wrong series in mind, that or you didn't watch the previous seasons entirely XD

Guy literally was broken in the fight againt Madara, forget about him getting weaker, Guy should be dead XD

I mean, you already ignored lots of stuff not just the BS, you are comparing Boruto characters to Naruto characters in their top conditions, ignoring plot, events and alot of other things, Boruto makes sense plot wise but your conclusion about Naruto and Boruto doesn't XD

ongoingwhy likes this.
  3. RiboseSugar

RiboseSugar Mirror Mirror, I'm beautiful. Fact, not question.

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, I was quite hyped about Boruto and I think I watched it till ep 50, I'm not comparing it to naruto cause I didn't watch Naruto that much but what I can understand is that objectively Boruto is a genius kid with daddy issues, I don't like the fact that he can power up so fast and can defeat enemies which Sasuke and Naruto can't even, it's honestly quite stupid for the Hokage if he can't solve major problems but his 12-year-old son can.
    Now, this is when the comparisons come in. They used exactly the same format for teams as the prequel and they did a shitty job. On social media scrolling as usual I find that Kurama died but motherfucker how did he die in Boruto but not Naruto where there was war and everything.
    One of the most major points that turned me off was the ANIMATION, how the fuck do they look like they were made for kids, you might as well give it to the people who made Cocomelon and they gonna make the same quality.
    Even as Stand-alone anime, it wouldn't get that far, all the hype it's got comes from Naruto but then while I was looking at the threads. I saw that the Actual author for naruto died, well I guess his brother couldn't stand up to his legendary brother. Again you don't have the same attachment to the side characters as in NAruto because in Boruto they don't have any development. In Naruto you might watch it for the side characters but in boruto forget about that shit nobody can have as much as screen time as him

Deleted member 369806 likes this.
  4. Deleted member 369806

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes those are certainly great points to mention except for one, in Naruto shippuden you got an alliance fighting against Kaguya Otsutsuki (not to mention the help from Hagoromo to both Naruto and Sasuke) so Kurama going a step further and dying while fighting another Otsutsuki who came with Kaguya does sound acceptable or possible, so yeah, plot wise still make sense, as for graphics and special effects, I mean if you look at the quality from the nineties till now, yeah, it is clear that it losing something making anime less attractive than what it used to be, like I remember the first time Naruto used Kurama's chakra clearly, probably was why I got attracted to the Naruto anime

Like the whole setting of those scenes and stuff does affect you and make you react and want to see more regardless of how deep the story is (I don't mean that story isn't important) but then in Shippuden, something was amiss and kept dissappearing till the end and the anime headed in a strange direction that made it look less serious, the hype is gone I guess, but some certain main plot details were kept enough so Boruto makes sense XD

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2021
    RiboseSugar likes this.
  5. RiboseSugar

Reading List:
    Link
    But still, the animation sucks, and the villains don't have a good origin story. I guess I am biased, I don't like the fact that boruto is stronger than naruto, and characters who are fan favorites keep dying in Boruto. I mean look at sasuke, he looks at the type of guy who's in a tavern complaining that his wife left. You don't notice the fillers in Naruto cause it's not obvious enough but boruto has it at the beginning????? I generally don't watch anime and I read the Manga's version but I hoped just like Naruto, Boruto would be an exception but clearly not since the Anime was a disappointment to me, I'm not gonna read the manga. I'm a go watch The Promised Neverland which I hope it doesn't have a sequel too.

6. Deleted member 369806

Reading List:
    Link
    Animation isn't bad (I prefer the old Naruto animation tho) but the fights suck XD
    I mean both Naruto and Sasuke now fulfilled their goals (the fun in their lives that attracted the reader and fans is over), they are just working adults in a functional society now, as for Boruto, he isn't stronger, just maybe smarter (at least he knows how to use his brain better than Naruto in his age) but is more skilled, chakra wise he is much inferior to Naruto (even without Kurama's chakra) but yeah, Boruto does fall short compared to Naruto and Naruto shippuden, Boruto might've been seen in a better light if it wasn't a sequel to a very popular and successful anime like Naruto and shippuden, the issue is that it can't be measured by the same standards as its predecessors, if you do that obviously it is a failure but plot wise it still makes sense and that is the issue here XD

RiboseSugar likes this.
  7. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    Boruto is quite a mess. Due note, I wasn't able to get far into so I might be biased and it's been years. The power scaling was wack and it felt like the previous characters were treated harshly for the new cast.

Boruto as a protagonist isn't really likeable or isn't interesting to follow at all. I remember the author releasing a manga before the actual anime started, sorta as a preque. It focused on Sarada as the main character and was so much better.

8. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    It does, just look at Madara. He wouldn't need to wait for resurrection if he still had his strength. Chakra reserve is affected by the user's cells and the toughness of their body. If you body is weak, it won't be able to hold much chakra. As you grow older, your body weakens and your cells shrink. This negatively affects your chakra reserve.

9. RiboseSugar

Reading List:
    Link
    No honestly I don't think it would get that much hype without naruto, I mean do you think an anime about ninjas gonna be popular in this day and age

Last edited: Nov 11, 2021
  10. Deleted member 369806

Reading List:
    Link
    Why not? with lots of copypaste animes around (especially the repeated themes like the isekais and other stuff), something different will get some attention, of course it wouldn't be like Naruto but Boruto should get some little attention yes XD

RiboseSugar likes this.
  11. RiboseSugar

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah but not at the level, it is now nor at Narutos level. Boruto got its hype from Naruto and Naruto became popular because of it's age but with other better anime Boruto would simply not get at it's level without naruto

12. Deleted member 369806

Reading List:
    Link
    Naruto got popular not just because of its age but it really was awesome, be it the story, the characters and their backgrounds, the execution, the attention given to events, the battle and the events, it was consistent and fun in almost everything, it was a quality product no matter who watches it, whether kids (even adults) from the past or now watch it, they will love it and they will look forward to what happen next, but the same thing can't be said about Boruto or any of the recent animes, they do offer some entertainment (with varying degrees depending on which anime we are talking about) yeah but rarely would a quality product like Naruto would appear, and that is it, honestly, I can go around mentioning all the bad stuff about recent animes (and I don't even want to talk about recent cartoons and comics) but they are still watchable and from time to time some good ones would appear but I don't think quality stuff will be back any time soon so, I just hope that the quality of animes doesn't drop any further XD

RiboseSugar likes this.
  13. RiboseSugar

Reading List:
    Link
    He but what, The Promised Neverland? That has to be a good anime and plot-wise is effing cool

14. Deleted member 369806

Reading List:
    Link
    True it isn't just good but a great one but still, even "The Promised Neverland" is not a Naruto level XD

15. RiboseSugar

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah you're right but it is my favourite anime

16. Deleted member 369806

Reading List:
    Link
    As you might be able to tell but my favourite is Dragonball Z but I wouldn't call it the best anime, just my favourite anime or the one that I probably like the most amongst my favourites XD

RiboseSugar likes this.
  17. Emissary Nouvelle

Reading List:
    Link
    You're going wayy too far from the point. Madara was old with one foot in grave. Naruto and Sasuke are middle aged and how do you explain Jiraiya, Orchimaru and Tsunade? They're no the only ones like Raikage and bee we are old, they're Soo many examples.

Who ever said anything about the Boruto characters following in their fathers footsteps? It's just trash over all. As for age like I said before, Jiraiya the perv, Tsunade the gambler and even the mad scientist Orchimaru we're not regularly fighting they did not even participate in the most recent war, yet they are in prime condition, none of them actively fight or Excersing and are going about their ways. Also you're not forgetting Hiruzen are you? He might have lost to Orchimaru but that was pure age and not inexperienced or lack of exercise. Naruto and Sasuke aren't that old so again you're point doesn't connect.

Guy was just an example you're totally ignoring lee who literally made out to be a young guy. All the surviving main cast irregardless of what happened in plot like you said aren't weak, excluding Naruto and Sasuke's the older generation already had experience and got more while series went on. Naruto and Sasuke are the only ones who wouldn't go on missions post war, the others unless they stopped being ninja which is impossible since they're current generation (back then) so who would take the missions? Even if it's some less dangerous missions they would be moving about at least.

Now focusing on Naruto and Sasuke. Again timeline, no matter how they trained the time spent was too short, they're training did not result in equivalent result's. It would make sense to train for years to beat Pain and decades to beat Madara although plot armour has been freely dished out for all parties involved so basically their training never had much meaning, since it was never the source of their power. It was only used and excuse to dish out new moves.

So circling back to the Sanin and Hiruzen all were twiddling their thumbs mostly before Naruto in terms of combat, how do you explain them retaining their strength with even Itachi and Pain not wanting to fight Jiraiya.

As for the village, you're forgetting who lives in the village aren't you? It must be only Boruto's generation with how you're talking. No matter what events happened as long as 80% of them aren't Madara/Hiruzen old, half crippled like Guy then....I rest my case. You keep saying Boruto makes sense plot wise but again like is said before Naruto and Shippuden were not long before just look at Boruto's age so the short period between them makes them connected and makes logic apart of the equation.

I won't hate although I really want to.

18. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    I am not defending Boruto. Naruto and Sasuke are just bad writing. I am just pointing out that chakra does disappear with age. It's a fact(and common sense). Yes, and they would only be stronger if they were younger. They only compensated their aging body with their experience. Why do you think the Third Hokage needed to pass down the title to Minato?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2021
  19. Deleted member 369806

Reading List:
    Link
    You are literally asking why the Boruto characters are bad not like Naruto, especially because of the similarities, so yeah, you want them to follow the same trope, aren't aware of what you are asking or what ?
    Jiraiya had the sage mode and lots of tricks but still was injured by Naruto and later died because of Pain, Tsunade got a special skills that kept her young and always gather chakra, and who knows how many bodies Orchimaru stole or cloned or whatever it is he is using in that lab of his as for Hiruzen you said yourself "old age" despite having skills, his chakra didn't keep up because of age XD

So, in a peaceful world where pretty much everything is under control and all clans are friendly, everyone is focusing on building their villages, tend to the injured, developing science and such, which happened through lots of years, Naruto for example now focuses more on desk work, and everyone is focusing on their jobs, what were they supposed to be fighting in such a long period? boredom? as far as I know when everything ended with Kaguya nothing major happened after that aside from the fight to get Hinata back (and even then he showed signs of getting weaker) and then years later Naruto getting beaten and passing out because of Himawari, so I don't know why you keep comparing the characters to their prime XD

Naruto's training summarized was almost always chakra training, either by how to gather chakra for the sage mode or how to better control Kurama's chakra, otherwise, it was about some taijutsu and varied ransegan skills, Sasuke's training focused more on mastering his eyes, otherwise, it was all physical training, so yeah, without their chakras and bloodlines, they wouldn't have become so strong

Itachi never was serious against the leaf ninjas aside from killing his clan, Pain didn't want to fight his teacher which was like a father figure to him but in the end he killed him nevertheless, so it wasn't a matter of inability as much it was emotional XD
    As for the Sanin and Hiruzen, yeah they did, after all, none of them had the vast reservoir of chakra that Naruto had aka Kurama's chakra so seeing their age, they will be tired faster XD

You tell me who is living in the village, their abilities and what can they do, because at this point I really don't think you watched/read everything or enough, that or you forgot alot of stuff, because plot continuity wise, it does make sense, it is logical but on its own, plot wise, it is not as interesting as the seasons before it, the new generation are simply not that interesting nor do they have deep background stories like the characters from the old generations, that is it, logic never left the story and always apart of it, but the way you picked only some parts and connected them then of course, no one can make logic of it because you are simply talking about some different story like that XD
    Look, just make it easy for yourself and don't complicate, treat Boruto as an alternate/parallel universe where somehow someway stuff happened and the plot became like that, like those menma uzumaki/namikaze episodes where both of naruto/menma's parents are alive and stuff led to those stories of theirs, just treat Boruto as filler season with a not so interesting story and that should make it easier for you to understand what is going on, just don't worry about whatever happened in Naruto and Shippuden versions of that world and you will make much sense of Boruto if you treat it as a filler to some alternate Naruto world where you don't know much of what led there but stuff happened and the world became like that (use your logic and whatever you know of Naruto and shippuden to fill in the gaps and imagine a suitable plot that led to that)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2021
    ongoingwhy likes this.
  20. Emissary Nouvelle

Reading List:
    Link
    Who ever said anything about the Boruto characters following in their fathers footsteps? It's just trash over all. As for age like I said before, Jiraiya the perv, Tsunade the gambler and even the mad scientist Orchimaru we're not regularly fighting they did not even participate in the most recent war, yet they are in prime condition, none of them actively fight or Excersing and are going about their ways. Also you're not forgetting Hiruzen are you? He might have lost to Orchimaru but that was pure age and not inexperienced or lack of exercise. Naruto and Sasuke aren't that old so again you're point doesn't connect.

Guy was just an example you're totally ignoring lee who literally made out to be a young guy. All the surviving main cast irregardless of what happened in plot like you said aren't weak, excluding Naruto and Sasuke's the older generation already had experience and got more while series went on. Naruto and Sasuke are the only ones who wouldn't go on missions post war, the others unless they stopped being ninja which is impossible since they're current generation (back then) so who would take the missions? Even if it's some less dangerous missions they would be moving about at least.

Now focusing on Naruto and Sasuke. Again timeline, no matter how they trained the time spent was too short, they're training did not result in equivalent result's. It would make sense to train for years to beat Pain and decades to beat Madara although plot armour has been freely dished out for all parties involved so basically their training never had much meaning, since it was never the source of their power. It was only used and excuse to dish out new moves.

So circling back to the Sanin and Hiruzen all were twiddling their thumbs mostly before Naruto in terms of combat, how do you explain them retaining their strength with even Itachi and Pain not wanting to fight Jiraiya.

As for the village, you're forgetting who lives in the village aren't you? It must be only Boruto's generation with how you're talking. No matter what events happened as long as 80% of them aren't Madara/Hiruzen old, half crippled like Guy then....I rest my case. You keep saying Boruto makes sense plot wise but again like is said before Naruto and Shippuden were not long before just look at Boruto's age so the short period between them makes them connected and makes logic
    Again not arguing, this is just a debate/discussion but Minato was a genius on all fronts so he impressed the village and the third, especially with his track record on the war the village loved him, Hiruzen knew he was getting old so of course he let Minato do it since he was qualified, it was never that he lost the ability physically, he just got a bit worse in skill level and maybe more in endurance so feeling his slow detoriation he let Minato take the rein, he's also been looking for a successor for a while even if he wasn't the oldest to pass the reigns as hokage then he definitely looked like it. When he took it back and died, his age just showed more.