LCD I’m Really Not The Demon God’s Lackey

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by SerialBeggar, Dec 28, 2020.

1. TXHY

TXHY Normal Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Now the release schedule is 4 ch/week so it shouldn't be too slow now

2. philomenapoe

philomenapoe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, that's a relief. Will keep reading this til the end, then.
    Where did you read it? Unfortunately for me, there are only 257 currently available MTL'd chapters (last time I checked Google).
    ...We're getting 3-4 high-quality chapters per week from the translator, beetlebarker, so... all's good, but I still want to know. If you don't mind.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2022
  3. ellype

ellype Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i just googled the chinese title, found a site with the chapters, and mtled as i went

4. Blisfulloblivion

Blisfulloblivion Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Forget what chspter but at one point its mentioned the MC's mind was sealed by whatever transmigrated him. Something about the MC's mind not being able to handle all the truth of this world so his understanding is sealed until his mind can withstand it. This explains the MCs strong self delusion even when he knows magic and the supernatural exist in this world.

Bella94 and Lilazeaf like this.
  5. Mokona

Mokona Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just wanna share my favorite chapter~ This is just a part of it since I am lazy in translating and editing and moreover, don't want to steal the job of the current translator.

Chapter 237
    In the forest, everything was in deep silence.

The expressions of all elves were surprisingly the same, they all stared blankly at the same place, gawking at the surreal result in front of them.

Who am I? Where am I? What am I doing? These three philosophical questions suddenly linger in their minds, and almost all of the common sense of the previous events collapsed. The two big, devastating dream beasts have become helpless, pathetic kittens, tottering on the ground not far away.

And the flames that ravaged the forest, destroying almost everything, disappeared into thin air.

What's more frightening is that the trees that had lost their vitality reverted to their lush complexion, and the ground that was scorched into rubbles returned into its former rich and fertile appearance. It was as if someone had unveiled the sheet of layers that covered the true embodiment of events. As if everything that was there previously was just illusions, and the current occurrence is the true reality. (I have a hard time translating this one since it says uncovered the sheets that covered the truth and I was wondering if I should change it to unveiled to the true embodiments of events because the elves were like wondering if the deadly battle that happened in the previous chapter was real and I have hard time choosing if it is correct reality or true reality)

The elves, in this instance, are doubting themselves and thought that they were born with cognitive impairments.

But it's not an illusion. The wounds are still present. The old marks on their clothes are still there. After a moment of silence, chaos and clamor ensue.

What the hell is going on? Did Lady Silver appear?

"It's a miracle! ha ha ha ha ha, the glory of irises will last forever! ha ha ha ha, did you hear — hear someone's voice?"

"What voice?"

Yes! Yes! There was an indescribable sound coming from the direction of the High Priest. It was— chaotic, unintelligible, like - a person was talking, but it sounds like many people overlapping their voices. When I want to understand, I felt a headache, but can't help but want to probe in...

It's frightening. Such level of power, is this the eminent might of an almighty being?

"No, I'm afraid there's more than that." — and such discussion of things erupted among the elves.

The elders, who had been waiting at the altar, were stunned and looked around in disbelief. Doris, looked at the people talking about her with a complicated expression. At this moment, she can no longer feel Lin Jie's physical presence. He seemed to have left after doing what he had to do and was reluctant to talk to her more, with the willpower of someone very high up.

But just like at the beginning, she can still feel someone's gaze on her.

This made her think that the mysterious bookstore owner had not left.

God says, "let there be light".

And then there is light in the world

Doris suddenly had these two phrases resonate in her heart. (The raw says two sayings, so I was wondering if I should change it to the words of the scripture or just use the word phrases)

She looked back at the restored forest, and heard the sounds of birds and insects and the rustling of leaves on the trees. She felt the night breeze that seemed to still carry the smell of the scorching flames, and this made her heart agitated for a while. (It could also mean skip a beat, be not at ease, not to remain calm but I chose agitate)

This is a miracle.

"Is he really a favored person of Lady Silver?"

During the last encounter, she was questioning the authenticity of the other party, wondering if this guy was a fake and shoddy product.

But now, she is thinking that Lin Jie might not be one of those beings in the lost history of Nozin, but an existence of the same position as Lady Silver. (I have a hard time translating this part since it says hidden in history which either mean that he is like the extinct giants and dragons or like Michael who were great beings that chose to hide so i change it to the lost history to indicate that Doris thought Lin Jie is an ancient being like the 4 primordial witches)

Doris hesitated — below, looking where the eyes were, opening her mouth to say thank you. (The raw indicates under, beneath, below, but it could also mean inferior and I was confused by what it meant and which was correct so I might have butchered this)

However, one of the elders came and interrupted.

The feeling of being watched also dissipated, and this time it seemed to have truly disappeared.

Note: In this chapter Doris regarded Lin Jie as almighty being of the elves and it's funny because Lin Jie thought Doris was having a nightmare wherein fact they were fighting dream beasts and poof battle ended.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2022
    Bella94 likes this.
  6. Buta Yarou

Buta Yarou Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So he didn't end up with anyone? I'm reading cuz I saw romantic subplot tag

7. ellype

ellype Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    nah, there’s a romance subplot, it’s just that romance doesn’t really matter all that much in the novel

8. rikomanto

rikomanto Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    there is no romance, the mc just misunderstood that Ji Zhixiu that she loves him, you know hethought she was cheated by her bf at the first chapters, otherwise no romance from mc side.
    the girls know they aren't much to him, and there is no chance for them to be with him.

9. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow that is a relief. I am so tired of novels with harem. Writing a well-planned out story with an actually intelligent and mature mc who doesn't end up having a gazillion wives is such a gigachad move on the author side.

Bella94 and Iruma666 like this.
  10. zenn114

zenn114 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is the snow witch the fl? Will she come out of dream??

11. gangbuntu

gangbuntu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    just read the manhua until chapter 56. read some comments that the manhua is actually better than the novel -- instead of butchering (like release that witch or cultivation chat group) the manhua actually expand on some plot points in the positive direction. is that true?

on 1 hand, i can accept mc's "ignorance", since the logistic dept. is busy with cover ups (e.g: gas leak).
    to draw a parallel, it's like the murim in the breaker,
    he's not totally ignorant since he knows about ji zhixiu's father influence though.

on the other hand, considering that the mc has authored at least 2 non-fiction books, i find it odd that he didn't show much interest in learning the new world's cultures. 3 years spent just reading books from the old world?

other oddities:
    - he was not transported by truck-sama or the like. he summoned inky with his rune. since he has proven that magic is real, why didn't he perform more research in this?
    - he thought that doris is cosplaying with her long ears; but why didn't he comment on ji zhixiu's ears?
    - a simple thing like flipping the power switch (for the neighbor's tv); why did inky show up and flipped it on the mc's stead? considering that the mc does grocery shopping, he is not confined in his bookstore.

well, i think this novel is decent enough and it has been added in my reading list. maybe i'll get some answers as i read more.

Kennyyy likes this.
  12. TXHY

TXHY Normal Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well tbh I don't read the manhua adaptation since it's packed with unnecessary fan service, which I don't appreciate for this novel, so I'm not sure whether the manhua took a better approach on the plot whatnot and how far the difference is, but I can answer this question of yours:
    JZ is a human, and in the novel she's never described to have long ears. Afaik, Hunters may transform into something resembling the dream beast the blood they get from, but that doesn't change their physical appearance, so she shouldn't have her ears morphed into... wolf-like(?). Hence, of course LJ never commented on her ears since her ears are normal (in the novel). This is one of the reasons I dropped the manhua early on actually haha

13. Dearest_Reader

Dearest_Reader 【I, Who Mewls In The Distance】【The Lazy Traveler】

Reading List:
    Link
    Just like the other commenter said, aside from unnecessary female fan services. The bookstore costumers, when they start engaging with the book, they portrayed that they are in a test, or shows the sealed beings in the book. In the novel, they only mentioned the sealed beings and how they get power within but never explained how or why.
    Joseph 2nd time booking in manhwa, I think before he gives out the sword, can explain that.
    Also, the manhwa shows more about a person’s character, or limelight for that matter.

3 years spent just reading books from the old world? Yes, he did. Please do remember that what he sees and what other sees is different. He lives in a district where there is barely another bookstore or any kind of people he could interact with. Besides, he is a book lover and he doesn’t really care what kind of book it is. According to his personality, if he wants to learn more about the world he’s living, it needs to be something that piqued his interest. Realise that he only knows the important things when he talks about it?
    It is also the same with confirming magic, if he wants to research the proof of magic, MC has to be interested to be invested in it.

Blackie is cute, it’s just helping mc. There was a continuous rain throughout the early chaps until Elf King arc. There isn’t any reason whatsoever as for why Blackie helps him switch the lever. :blobReach:

Bella94 likes this.
  14. gangbuntu

gangbuntu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    rather than the breaker, it's closer to man in black (with the mind wipe stick).
    even nobles and mid-upper echelon of the police force are not aware about the existence of aether.

(just read chapter 121) that started the series of events leading to collin handing over his family heirloom to form the coin of destiny.
    it's amazing how small "unrelated" things form a coherent thread.
    like the continuous rain marks the first arc of the god of rain summoning (by helix of the white wolf).

15. Dearest_Reader

Dearest_Reader 【I, Who Mewls In The Distance】【The Lazy Traveler】

Reading List:
    Link
    News for everyone who read this, the author of this novel got deleted due to plagiarism, they aren’t they only one btw. The readers said that it’s because it’s similar to ‘I’m not really a master’ and ‘I’m not really a demon god’.

Also, for anyone wondering about the romance in this novel, there will be romance in the manwha but never in novel. That’s why there is fan service.

Kalla, Bella94, Gordon and 1 other person like this.
  16. Gordon

Gordon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think story got the vibe down better than the other ones like it

Bella94 likes this.
  17. Lonelycity

Lonelycity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So did it end or was it canceled?

18. rikomanto

rikomanto Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well you could consider her as the fl, though there is not romance, you can say she is the only one who treated him genuinely as a friend and not cuz of the misunderstandings like the others

Kalla and Isabelle like this.
  19. EvanPiters

EvanPiters New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the information !

20. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    It's annoying how hosted novel made it so one had to register on their site to read the novel. fuck that, I'd rather drop

fantasy and Iruma666 like this.