Spoiler How to Get My Husband on My Side -남편을 내 편으로 만드는 방법

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by ShugoTenshi, May 24, 2021.

1. flowers_bloom

flowers_bloom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    does Ruby ever feel sad about enzo’s death? like I know she didn’t really feel much towards him but it seemed like he treated her well (in the manhwa at least)

syofiaa likes this.
  2. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    After reading the translated novel chapters, I can say he's really supportive, patient and accommodating of her. A lot of people who went through mental issues say they couldn't have done it without their loved ones, so I don't see them growing a loving relationship as unrealistic or a problem for her recovery.
    Izek is nothing like those trash MLs that make the FL suffer after angst filled misunderstandings and I really love him for it. We didn't get to that part in the manhwa, where he fully gives into joys love for her, but once he does, you'll see how sweet he is.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2021
  3. greeneyedfairy

greeneyedfairy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, ml is supportive, understandable and truly loves her, the first time he looked at fl after Freya told him about the kiss between fl and her brother the look he had in his eyes wasn't anger but sadness and love, and at that moment fl realized that she loves him and for the first time in her life someone else loves her unconditionally too and that love for ml, made her feel strong to the point she overcomes the fear of her brother and stood up against him for the first time in her whole life. Someone like her who is abused since they remember, can't just overcome those traumas on their own, if they could, they would have been getting themselves out of that mess a long time ago so having people who love you and want the best for you, who will be with you even after they find out that you are such a mess and willing to help you to conquer your demons, having them around you is a bliss that everyone deserves to have. And ml is such a person for fl. She overcomes her demons with the strength he gave her and for the first time she found out she is worth being loved and gets worried about and in the end, she put the past behind and got her wounds healed with the help of ml and people around her.

4. veeazaa

veeazaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Whoa well said dude izek was one of the ml I loved the most in korean novel or manhwa universe

5. feendaisy

feendaisy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    what happened to ogRuby soul?

lazynoodles likes this.
  6. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems like it's still our mc. After all, both her step brother and Izek fell for her in the first timeline as well.

lazynoodles, syofiaa and feendaisy like this.
  7. duchessrin

duchessrin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    but she won't be able to survive if she lived with popo and the dragon tho? as described in the novel, she's very thin because of her eating disorder so i dont think she can last long in the forest with them. and izek has been the best thing for ruby, not from the start maybe, but he apologized when he realized he was wrong. he made effort to treat ruby better and showed her what it is like to be loved. to quote what she said when she confronted cesare, “You asked me if I wanted to be a queen? When I’m with him, I’m not just a queen, I’m a goddess. When he looks at me, I feel like I’m the only girl in the world. When he looks at me, I don’t have a single flaw. I’m a goddess in his eyes. I’m perfect. Who knew that being loved would feel like this?” izek may not be the perfect kind of ml for you but for ruby, i think he is perfect for her.

8. needswishes

needswishes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    wait wait Izek fell for her in the first timeline too ?

9. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, there's a chapter in which Rudbeckia dreams of that timeline. I think it's already translated, but don't remember which chapter it is.

Manhwalover356 and Tt123 like this.
  10. obelian underworld

obelian underworld Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think so though. Cesare already liked the og Ruby and I think Izek just fell for the type of person OgRuby was not the soul.

11. sarrieta90

sarrieta90 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What chapter is when she meets her monster friends and what chapter is when the ML goes to find her and finds her with her monster friends.

12. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Agree to disagree.

I didn't want to summarize the whole thing, but here it goes (again, this info is just up to the translated chapters): The ogRuby was even more traumatised than our Ruby and she was acting really mean to everyone, including ML's sister.
    At the end, after Izek killed her "family" she was happily laughing as she hated them the most.
    He was like "you killed my sister, but I still don't want to kill you"(tbh, I think she didn't even kill her, but Cesar did, but Ruby just went along cause it didn't matter, she was still his enemy imo).
    Anyway, Ruby was like we're too ill fated, I have to die and she basically killed herself by plunging Izek's sword into herself and he was heartbroken. If this is not true love, idk what it is.
    Also, Izek is not someone who easily falls for others. There's also a chapter where we see his pov (in this timeline) and how, before he met Ruby, he was really apathetic to everything. All the things he did before, he just went along with, without much interest, but Ruby became his first joy in life.

So the fact that both men loved her before and after she changed, plus the fact that she dreamed of that timeline(tho she doesn't remember the dream) lead me to the conclusion that her transmigrassion into Ruby isn't a coincidence and she's she same person.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2021
  13. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was also under impression that she’s the same person, but I don’t think she hated Izek and his family. From that small flashback it looked like ogMC also had feelings for ML, but because she was so broken and week she just didn’t see any other solution and followed her brother’s orders. And when she did kill the sister she just felt that there’s no turning back and she could be free by dying.

Amanda16, YanJun, Le_Tired and 3 others like this.
  14. YuviellaHart

YuviellaHart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh my god you praise this so so beautifully. Yes it's hard to explain how much Izek and Ruby's relationship changes each other.

Ruby had soften and warmth the cold wall which Izek built around his heart ever since he witness his mother's death. When he was young, he was still passionate about becoming a paladin with a wish to meet the ghoul form of his mother. However, overtime he slowly lost that passion and ended up feeling like he's living a boring and dull life without a proper cause. Had he not met Ruby, he would probably continue to become an even colder and ruthless person who slowly lost the ability feel any emotional care for others. It's so nice to see the little narrative of how the other paladin caught Izek smiling or being cheerful all of a sudden after his relationship with Ruby turns for better. He slowly learned once again how to care for others after falling for Ruby.

For Ruby, it's not an overstatement to say that Izek is the light in her dark life. She was basically a slave to misfortune before he met Izek. Constantly thinking how pitiful and horrible her life is yet still trying to endure those misfortune in order to survive even though she have no idea how to escape from it. It broke me when she thought that even if she got reborn again, she still wishes for her fate to remain the same because all she wants is not to escape but to triumph over the abuse.

The dialogue where she told Cesare that Izek had taught her love really moved me. She doesn't feel like a princess but a goddess without flaw in Izek's eyes. It just explains how much Izek's care and affection for her had really given her confidence in her self. It makes her feel like she have a worth in her life and for the first time she fights back the abuse instead of enduring it.

It's such a relief that after the whole Cesare mess they finally found the courage and time to properly have a deep talk with each other. I agree with the novel that had they not talk properly like that, anxiety and stress would build overtime and ruin their relationship. Just like what had happened with Izek's parents.

15. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, agree. Tho, it's not clear if she did kill the sister, as she says. Think that even if Caesar killed her instead, without Ruby's hand at all, he'd still have Ruby take the blame.

I said she hated her family. As in Cesar and the Pope. And that thus she was laughing happily when Izek killed them.

Amanda16, Futarisaison and its0k like this.
  16. Malikah

Malikah Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Throughout the story, she says multiple times that it was her that poisoned Ellenia (on the orders of her brother), and then called for an annulment of the marriage.

17. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But she only knows that from the fantasy novel she read before she died where Ruby was portrayed as a villainess? Not like she remembers how she herself did it. We already find out from that flashback that there was a lot of nuance that she didn't know from the story. So like I said, my opinion is that she didn't. Let me explain my reasoning more explicitly then:

I haven't seen OgRuby killing Elenia or thinking she did it indeed. So there are 2 options: either she did it or not. And if she didn't kill Elenia herself, she still wouldn't defend herself. OgRuby didn't even dare wish for a happy future with Izek as she was too unhappy and broken and only wanted her family's ruin and for herself to die. Unlike this timeline, that Ruby didn't try to have a good relationship with Izek or any of the ppl there, but the opposite. Even before she died, she only said words to Izek intending to sever his feelings for her and to cause him to hate her.
    Since we have no confirmation that she killed Elenia, my bet is that she didn't, anyway whether it was her or Caesar that did it, nothing would have changed.

Noelle Sakuragi and Angela3107 like this.
  18. seoktonin

seoktonin burning eyes

Reading List:
    Link
    okay ik stretching it ( a bit) far but personally i think rudbeckia did it BECAUSE remember how it said ellenia was supposed to marry enzo (rubys bro) if ruby’s and izek marriage didnt work out? (idr the chapter number but its there somewhere) and considering no one knows the pope’s family as good as ruby does, i lowkey think she did it so ellenia wouldnt have to suffer as a hostage in the ither kingdom, plus point was caesar wanted it, izek knew it and he destroyed it. all ruby wanted was for that family to be tortured and ruined beyond imagination which izek probably did.

- izek loved ruby in ogtl 100% but we know izek isnt the type of guy whod love someone after hurting his only (essentially) family. so yeah, tons of reasons.

for me most probable are this and the other being one of the spies sent by caesar forcing the posioning to happen while ruby was there so she would be divorced

19. Malikah

Malikah Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She doesn't remember how she herself did it, because the Korean girl that transmigrated didn't do it. It was the Rudbeckia from the novel that did it, and the girl that transmigrated clearly says that Ruby from the book poisoned Ellenia on the orders of her family and that's how the knights in the North and the clergy finally rebelled against the Pope and killed the Borgia family. She says this in chapter 1 of the novel. She never once throughout the story doubts this fact.

That was not a flashback, it was a dream the transmigrated girl had when she was sick out of her mind. The author of the How To Get My Husband On My Side never once alludes to that scene being anything else. It very well could just be the transmigrated girl dreaming about a scene from the novel, or it's just a scene that the author wanted to show us readers so that we could see what OG!Ruby was like in her final moments in the book (which is called Sodom and the Holy Grail, btw).

You haven't seen OG!Ruby poison Ellenia because the story of How To Get My Husband On My Side never shows you OG!Ruby (outside of that one dream). OG!Ruby is gone, and the Ruby we see is the transmigrated girl.

There are no different timelines in this story. Ruby didn't die and then go back into the past to change her fate (which creates different timelines); a girl from this world transmigrated to the world from a book that she once read. She also transmigrated to a time where the events of the book had not yet begun. That means that the book that she read never happened. Izek didn't kill her, Ellenia didn't get poisoned, etc. because the girl that took over Ruby's body got transmigrated to a time before those events took place.

The novel How To Get My Husband On My Side also never alludes to the transmigrated girl being OG!Ruby herself either (like in Death Is The Only Ending For A Villainess, for example). OG!Ruby is just gone. You could kind of say that she never existed, because she was a character from a book in this world and only started "living" once the Korean girl transmigrated into her. There's no word on why she transmigrated, on why she transmigrated into Ruby, on where OG!Ruby went, etc. etc. ever in the story. There's also no hint on anyone reversing time so that Ruby could live (like in Actually, I Was The Real One, for example).

We do, transmigrated girl says it in chapter 1. There's also this exerpt from chapter 5 where she ruminates on why Ruby would poison Ellenia in such a chaotic situation (which I personally agree with you on; she did it because she wanted Izek to kill her).
    Besides, the reason Ellenia was poisoned was because she had become engaged to the Prince of Dorias.

It was inevitable for our family to be suspected, since it was unclear what would have happened to us in the future if the prince of Dorias, famously known to not get along well with the Pope, and Ellenia, one of the highest-ranking noble ladies of Britannia, had gotten married.

However, I did feel that it was quite absurd for Rudbeckia to recklessly poison Ellenia in such a precarious situation.

Even if we’re the epitome of a crazy family, Cesare was a meticulous man. Still, the Holy Grail was stolen at the last minute, and our defeat just seemed so…

Either way, I couldn’t tell anyone about this story, and who would ever believe the beloved daughter of the Pope?

Even if anyone did believe in me, Father’s spies were planted all throughout Elendale. I couldn’t even talk about it because of that.

And then from chapter 17, she says that even if it wouldn't be Ruby to poison Ellenia (as in herself right now, not OG!Ruby), the spies of her father in Britannia would do it either way.
    And if I went back to Romagna in this state, apart from my personal fear of my family, Ellenia would marry Prince Dorias in half a year. Who would stop her from being assassinated?

Even if it wasn’t for me, my father’s spies here would do their work, and Ellenia would die…

20. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, I remember diffrently. Yes, the plan was to either have Ruby marry Izek or Enzo marry Elenia. But since they've gone for the first option, plan number 2 wasn't needed anymore.
    "if ruby’s and izek marriage didnt work out" - they didn't ever consider it would work out, both parties knew it wouldn't be a permanent marriage.
    Ellenia wasn't supposed to marry Enzo anymore, same as now when there's no more plan for this in this current timeline. Moreover, she's meant to marry a rival prince instead. Which is the reason they wanted to asasinate her. Altho, even tho that prince was from a rival power, Ruby mentioned it was strange how they wanted her death just bcz of this. Maybe the focus was more of having Ruby painted as a murderer and sever her relationship with the Omerta's, rather than Ellenia's death.
    However, I did feel that it was quite absurd for Rudbeckia to recklessly poison Ellenia in such a precarious situation.

Even if we’re the epitome of a crazy family, Cesare was a meticulous man. Still, the Holy Grail was stolen at the last minute, and our defeat just seemed so…

Let me bring another glaring point to light. They didn't even have to blame it on Ruby. Caesar has a spy in the Paladdins under Izek, he has the Queen secretly working for him, almost all of the church and who knows who else. Even if he couldn't plant someone in Izek's house or bribe existing employees, it's not like Ellenia never went out of house or never met outside ppl.
    They didn't have Ruby do it or make it seem like she did, unless they specifically intended to point the gun towards her. Otherwise, I find it difficult to believe he couldn't get rid of Ellenia any other way. And regardless if Ruby did it or not, they could've had her appear innocent and blamed it on someone else.

And yeah, obviously, Izek would not forgive the ones who ordered his sister's death, even if they were ruby's family. But he actually didn't want to kill Ruby herself.