Discussion Showering twice

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bad Storm, Nov 21, 2021.

?

When do you shower?

1. Morning

24.4%
  2. Night

26.7%
  3. When i feel like it

42.2%
  4. Once a day, time kinda random

13.3%
  5. Showers more than once a day

17.8%
  6. I forget to shower once a day...

8.9%
  7. *noms skullie*

13.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :sushi_dead: ...
    I've been living through so many years of drought on top of that. Forget showering every day, they even asked us at some points to please not flush the toilet more than once or twice a day unless there was solid waste in it. There was a seven year drought and we probably went right into another set of years of drought right after. Dunno how long it will be yet.
    Before the droughts I think I showered once a day or once every other day before school (when I was in highschool) and showered on weekends only if I felt dirty.

Now I only shower when I feel I need one, which depends on alot of things (was I working outside, did I do anything to get dirty, was I sweating alot?). If none of those, I usually wash my body every two or three days.
    I only wash my hair when it feels dirty, about every three or four days, because it is very long so it takes a long time to wash shampoo out of it.
    The water bill is still too high. I need a haircut.

For everyone saying it's gross, different climates have different effects, and each person is different (how much they sweat, etc) so it's not automatically bad to shower less often. Also, there's something about skin flora or microsci skin bugs that everyone has that I think can help people stay smelling cleaner for longer. You wash some of it away each time you shower so showering very often can cause you to start smelling/feeling not-clean more quickly. (Or so I've heard).

Last edited: Nov 21, 2021
    orematcha, Amaruna Myu and Ai chan like this.
  2. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    Really depends. Morning showers wake you up and night showers relax you for bed.
    I base my shower habits around after exercising or of I was out and about for a while in the sun or a public place . Otherwise if I didn't to any of that I fall into having a shower every other day

3. S4TY4

S4TY4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    7 years of droughts AND more!?!?!? :eek::eek::eek:
    Pardon the language, but country-wise WTH do you live to have such long years of draughts!?

4. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In California in the USA. We'd get rain but not enough.
    edit: pulled this from Wikipedia
    "Throughout history, California has experienced many droughts, such as 1841, 1864, 1924, 1928–1935, 1947–1950, 1959–1960, 1976–1977, 1986–1992, 2006–2010, 2011–2017, 2018 and 2020-[1][2] 2021"

5. Little Evil

Little Evil Hello o/

Reading List:
    Link
    Morning as I wake up, after work and before bed.

6. S4TY4

S4TY4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Good Gawd! :blobfearful::blobfearful::blobfearful:
    TBH I thought you're in either the Sahara Desert or somewhere in the middle part of Australia's desert (no offense to the people living there, 'kay)

mir and Ai chan like this.
  7. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I only shower once a day, and I prefer showering in the mornings, but sometimes I shower in the night.

My showers take about 1h usually, or 3h if I'm washing my hair~

8. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    That's mostly a myth, though. Your skin does have tiny microbugs that hides inside your pores when you bathe, and eats your dead skin, sebum and microorganisms on your skin. These are the same microbugs that are among the matter that clogs your pores, which can be cleansed through bathing. But, if they're alive, your baths would not make much difference since they avoid water by hiding in your pores.

However, the thing about smelling cleaner for longer is mostly unfounded observation. You do not smell better for bathing less, your nose just gets desensitized that you think you don't smell but you actually still do. Anyone who bathes more can generally sniff the smell, but there isn't much difference between people who bathe twice and those who bathe thrice a day, so most people do not get bothered by it. If you do not think the odour is a problem, then more power to you. The problem is when you try to cover your natural body odour with perfumes and deodorants after not bathing for a week.

Both perfumes and deodorants can cause cancer if they enter your pores. So if you want to wear perfumes that penetrate the skin, just use it sparingly on the back of your wrists and neck. As for deodorant, don't ever use deodorants that makes direct contact with the skin. It's fine if you use deodorants that are sprayed on the clothes, that's fine. Just because no studies have confirmed the correlation, doesn't make it any less true. Believe in traditional wisdom learned from hundreds of years of experience instead of a few years of cherry-picked studies.

mir likes this.
  9. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, I didn't know that about the bugs. What is the reason for the deodorant thing? What happens through using the one that touches the skin?

10. Mr. Tired

Mr. Tired Professional Idiot

Reading List:
    Link
    I shower every day, usually around night. :sushi_sleeping:

11. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    According to the internet, there is no confirmed correlation between deodorants and breast cancer. However, considering that all of these research were sponsored by deodorant companies, their neutrality on the matter is highly suspect. They could be hiding the studies that do confirm the correlation because doing so would condemn their company. And soap companies do not need to sponsor counter research since deodorants do not affect their sales considering everyone knows soaps are completely safe.

So deodorants can cause cancer through one of two ways. One, the type of deodorants that cap the pores, causing the minerals and toxins unable to escape from your skin through the sweat. These toxins then continues to build up in your body, becoming carcinogenic. Now, experts from deodorant companies said this study can't be accepted because it did not include non-breast cancer samples, but conventional wisdom does agree with this study.

Another way is by deodorants absorbed into the skin. By nature, all modern deodorants can penetrate skin at some level as they're mostly alcohol-based. Deodorants use all kinds of dangerous chemicals that on their own could damage your cells if allowed to enter the bloodstream. Parabens can cause breast cancer and Triclosan is banned for use in soaps by FDA, but both exist in deodorants. These are only two dangerous chemicals in deodorants, but they're very dangerous chemicals if they manage to penetrate the dermis either by themselves or through nicks in the skin.

Deodorant companies always said that there is no conclusive evidence, but would you trust companies whose entire existence relies on their products not being considered deadly? It's your body, it's up to you what you want to do. But that's the thing, it's your body, the one who will suffer long-term impact is you, not the deodorant companies.

mir likes this.
  12. Selha

Selha Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I shower every day a bit before going to sleep because I feel grimy in my bed otherwise.

I wash my hair every day too usually, although I sometimes end up doing it every other day instead if I’m almost out of shampoo...

I’d never considered showering in the morning before, but I guess it makes sense :blob_tilt:

13. Shizukani

Shizukani Chronically stressed

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobpeek: I usually shower twice a day. A quick shower in the morning and a long one before I sleep :blobxd:.

One Perfect Veteran likes this.
  14. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I rarely shower twice a day anymore and I stopped doing that since Summer 2020. My showers are in the mornings and before I go to bed.

15. efo

efo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't understand peoples obsession with bathing everyday. I'll just say, I'm taking a bath after... a lot of days. well, thanks to my disability, after the bath my whole body is aching, so bathing is not something I'm looking forward to, but my body and my hair are very healthy.
    as far as I know, for normal people, it's more healthy to bath after 2-3 days break.

16. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    Once a day usually. If there are holidays, I might laze around and bath once every two days. Might shower once more on rare occasions before going to sleep.

17. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    Like half an hour if I'm slow... I usually do it once a day. Twice if I feel reeeeally bad/worked out. But that's very rare

18. Little Evil

Little Evil Hello o/

Reading List:
    Link
    Jesus...
    HOW...

I shower 3 times a day and take about 10 min in the morning and 15 after work and before bed~

I mean, I do wash my hair every time but that's not much of an issue for me, still...
    Cant imagine hour-long shower...

Taking a bath is nice, it's not really about cleaning up.
    You add some bathing salt, bubbles, light candles and take a book with you, and won't climb out until water is cold.

I do it once in a while when I want to just relax and have an evening no one will disturb me in.

Thats nice and all, but try working as a guy outside with bunch of other guys, then sit into heated up car for half an hour.
    You will use deodorant after one ride without.

Ai chan likes this.
  19. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All this info is new to me. I have some family history of breast cancer (my grandmother died of it), so I will definitely be careful from now on. Thank you Ai-chan. :sushi_thankyou:

Ai chan likes this.
  20. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Mmmmmmm... I dunno? I just can't shower fast, I guess?

If I'm in a real hurry, I can usually shower in like... 40min, but that's about my limit.