Spoiler The Hidden Male Lead in the Game Is Obsessed With Me/게임 속 히든 남주가 내게 집착한다

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Spoiling Queen, Mar 27, 2021.

1. Spoiling Queen

Spoiling Queen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    Description:
    At an unknown time, I was trapped in the game seven times, failing to reach the ending. Frequently initialised by an “unknown bug”, this was my last chance. I will succeed. By any means necessary! As I had not been able to see the ending when I teamed up with Edrich, the “true male lead” of the game, I decided to attack the “hidden male lead” this time, which I had never conquered before.

“Love me. Sincerely.”

“Love? You’re smart, aren’t you?”

The true identity of the hidden male lord is Johannes, the Grand Duke of Lagos, known as the killing angel of the battlefield.

With the help of the system, I offered a contract love affair in exchange for unraveling his curse.

[System: “Lifesaver” event is underway! Johannes’ likability will increase with a thank you greeting!]
    [System:Currently 2% likeability]
    If I were about to drown, his likeability would increase by only 1%. Maybe it’s because he’s a hidden male lead, but it’s not easy to increase his likability—.

“Weirdly, if I see you, I’ll be thrilled.”

Moreover, my ex-boyfriend Edrich, who is supposed to be initialized and has no previous memories, seems to remember me…?

NU Link:
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-hidden-male-lead-in-the-game-is-obsessed-with-me/

congchua1301, shiory, Ceilo27 and 9 others like this.
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

3. Spoiling Queen

Spoiling Queen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The girl's hand in the novel cover better not be a bad two face OG heroine's hand who will be just jealous of our MC. Instead that hand might be protecting MC like might be????!!!

4. nightbutterfly

nightbutterfly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No harem tag but the art make me doubt it, is this a harem novel or not?

jkumi7 likes this.
  5. -NEAR-

-NEAR- ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Reading List:
    Link
  6. cometothedarkside97

cometothedarkside97 Unleash Your Imagination

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm interesting, gonna wait till spoilers pile up :), can someone spoils about the ml and the plot?

jkumi7 likes this.
  7. MiyuChan16

MiyuChan16 I'm craving some food...

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone please help out ADD SPOILER PLEASE
    And who really is the ml here the hidden ml jona??..
    Or ex boyfriend of the past game edrich?..:facepalm::sweating_profusely::notlikeblob::blobpopcorn_two::blobdizzy::blobcatcop::blobpitch::bloborz:

jkumi7 likes this.
  8. vinsa 4

vinsa 4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  9. Seola

Seola Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This novel was recently published, - October 1st of this year - which is why I can assume there aren't many reviews out there. I collected a few scraps to make it easier for you all and added my own inputs as well. Enjoy.

Leads.
    FL: Marilyn Eiya
    - The game's main character
    - Young lady of Viscount of Eiya from the countryside

ML: Johannes de Hispitos
    - Grand Duke of Lagos Duchy
    - Kept Marilyn by his side for the purpose of treating his madness but begins to feel love towards her over time
    -
    Becomes the emperor
    - Undeniably likable character

Summary.
    This story is about a FL who is desperately trying to reach the ending of the game by finding the hidden ML. She manages to try 6 times before successfully managing to enter the main route on her 7th try. However, that also ended up failing. She ends up spending three years per try, in a total of 21 years by the game's end.

FL Background.
    A 24-year-old woman who suddenly lost her job due to being laid off comes across a game her sibling was playing called <Walking Thousands of Kilometers to Find True Love>. As she was playing, an unknown bug occurs and she ends up failing to reach the ending of the game. Unable to log out, she was trapped inside the game, with her life span decreasing the more she fails.

My Thoughts.
    The novel lives up to its name as a game setting. There are plenty of small quests and she is able to see the likeability percentage of each character. There are no major problems or big hindrances, so it doesn't bring much impact like some of the novels you'll come across. Unfortunately, there's a lot of distractions and interruptions that make her stray from her original goals. She procrastinates a lot on some of the quests so it cuts the flow sometimes, which makes it feel like the novel is dragging on.
    The FL has close to no observational skills; she does have some tact but doesn't understand some of the hints unless she 100% confirms its trueness, which was a major con for me (it brings frustrations imo). At one point, her cluelessness will make you feel bad for the male leads and make you feel like you're eating sweet potatoes.. Kinda feels like the FL's brain has also been reset when the game restarts every time. Luckily, the ML carries most of the game. He's got lots of charms and is quite attractive. Oh, and did I mention there is a second male lead, Edrich? He's good too, such a shame.
    The novel focuses a lot on the game system so it'll miss out on 'common sense' romance scenes, which I didn't mind at all since it is, after all, a romance game. The FL rushes her feelings of love when she finally reaches the ending. It felt rushed because she's been looking at the hidden ML as the game's objective this whole time.. poor dude(s).

Final Notes.
    So! If you like obsessive male lead x kind female lead type novels, go for it.
    On another note, this was said to be the author's second project (wow! Two within one year!) so it's understandable for some lackings you'll come across when reading this novel. However, the author's rating on her previous novel is also good (4.2/5.0 for the novel <I am the True Villainess>). Go ahead and check it out.

Read this when..
    You feel like wanting to read a novel of an ignorant male lead gradually falling in love and becoming obsessed with the female lead. If you like a setting similar to Death is the Only Ending for the Villainess, this may not be it for you, since only the game system is similar. The novel, of course, has different contents and the FL has different goals. You can predict a lot of the situations in this novel, so nothing too brain-wrecking that makes the reader want to delve into it deeper. I highly recommend reading this novel if you want something light and to kill time.

My ratings.
    Romance: 4.0/5.0
    Plot: 4.2/5.0
    Character (build & development): 3.9/5.0
    ~~
    Overall: 4.0/5.0

10. vinsa 4

vinsa 4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    some fluff moment plz:blobshh::blobpopcorn:

11. Eloisane