Discussion Mistakenly Saving the Villain pleeasee tell me if it's worth my time.

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Rubyspecs, Nov 22, 2021.

1. Rubyspecs

Rubyspecs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Like if Mc is cliche reckless dense arrogant character Or a magnet that runs around without self awareness grabbing attention of pestering people and villains. Or ML is a cliche sticky glue, pestering Mc day in and day out.
    I don't like love at first sight plot, no fast pace and instant romance.

mYboiS likes this.
  2. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    different people have different views of what constitutes clingy, reckless, dense, arrogant etc. you might want to read the reviews to see if anything turns you off.

from what I read in the reviews, if you only read the start, you'll probably think this novel is not worth your time
    if you read to the end, the novel will be worth your time

anyway, whether a story is worth your time is up to yourself to decide, not others

so yeah, I recommend reading the reviews to see. amd decide if you want to read or not. there are a lot as far as I saw.

3. Nymmiah

Nymmiah Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is far from your typical brainless romance/danmei. It’s a long story, and can get emotionally heavy/draining at times. I needed to take several breaks reading this because of the angst and hurt I felt for the characters within. I highly recommend it if you’re alright with heavy topics such as sexual abuse aftermath, toxic relationships, and mental illness. The MC and ML may not make much sense in the first two arcs (I know a lot of people complained that the MC seemed dense/stupid, but there is a reason for it!), but the third and final arc tie up the story so well, and makes you realise just how far in advance the author had been planning things. A lot of foreshadowing, which makes rereading an absolute pleasure. The romance plotline is secondary to the overall plot, which is to follow the recovery and growth of all of the characters found within. I hope this helps!

4. Aachiin0914

Aachiin0914 ☼Sunnyshies☼

Reading List:
    Link
    the author of Mistakenly saving the villain just finished a series "Master". It's master and disciple relationship. Mc is a genius sword cultivator with a rare sword bone, while ml is a sword spirit. Mc found ml and became his master. However, when ml developed feelings for his master, his rebel....he became a notorious devil, and the whole cultivation world is clamoring to kill him. In the end, he was imprisoned.

At first, ml should have been killed, but mc begged for his forgiveness and directly pull of his sword bone and died in front of ml. ml was imprisoned for 10 000 while mc is going to reincarnate continuously, living a life full of misfortune...

ml is super sticky, while mc...he is the same dumb, hard working mc like the mc from mistakenly saving the villain...

Present day is modern. You can try reading it. Here here - http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=4826101

tabushechka likes this.
  5. mYboiS

mYboiS Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

I've read up to and stopped at chapter 57...Not sure if that's enough to give you my opinion on it. ****Little spolier here but not too much**** ******
    ******I was kind of disturbed at what happened to ML... I don’t really like having those bad things happen to my MCs and MLs, so I felt really bothered by it. However that's not why I stopped reading it. Like you, I don’t really like when they fall in love so quick. So, thats why I stopped reading it. I like the cold, iceberg MLs lol! I like the bickering, slow burn where mc and ml hate each other at first then falls in love AT the END lol.
    But, maybe I will continue reading it since I heard a lot of good things about this story.
    Can someone who had finished the story tell me will ML regain abilities and beat the crap out of those evil lossers who did those things to him?????

6. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s as cliche and brain dead as it gets don’t bother

7. EternalMoonlight

EternalMoonlight Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I finished reading it. The pair did NOT fall in love quickly, it was slow burn with lots and lots of disturbing scenes and lots and lots of emotional challenges. Also, you'll have to read it until the end to know what happens to ML, no spoilers *evil laughter*.
    Don't worry it's an HE and the novel is really really great.

8. Brooom

Brooom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mistakenly Saving the Villain is in my opinion a novel that you can only truly judge if you've read it completely. This is because it is not your typical transmigration story, however this will only become clear at the end of the story. The relationship between the MC and ML is also not as straightforward as it seems at first glance, but this will also only become clear in the last arc. This is why it's a novel you have to read all the way to the end to fully appreciate it.

I really liked it and regard it as one of the better stories I read in this genre.

9. EternalMoonlight

EternalMoonlight Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Subjectively speaking, it really depends on your preferences and the ability to endure this type of book. But this novel is worth more than the time I have spent reading it from start to finish, no skipped chapter.

But be fully aware to the tags and the warnings in the chapters. Do not, and I cannot emphasize it more, Do NOT read a chapter without reading the warning (if there is any) posted above. This novel is emotionally and mentally draining. The book is filled with heavy and disturbing topics and scenes. The scenes depicted will make one uncomfortable. The vivid description of those scenes made my skin crawl and chills run down my spine and that made me feel as if I was the one who was experiencing all those terrible things. The sufferings and pain of a certain character was so clearly described, it made me squirm in discomfort. The pure heavy angst was so palpable it made my chest hurt and my stomach cramp. You have to be mentally and emotionally prepared before you read this book.

It's not cliche. It's not brainless. It's not brain dead. It's one of a kind. It's worth my time. Whether or not this novel is worth your time is for you to decide after you finish this. Might as well give it a go.