This is ridiculous haha

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Wujigege, Nov 19, 2021.

1. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    One of my favorite movie as a kid was Matilda. I got stuck in the Wikipedia rabbit hole and ended up on the movie page.
    I looked up the lead actress and came across this:

" She described her disappointment when a reporter called her a "spoiled brat" after she honestly stated that she wanted the day off on her 13th birthday instead of granting interviews"

Being a celebrity is a horrible life.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mara_Wilson

@Lissi

mir, Lissi, gyan7 and 1 other person like this.
  2. NoLongerTheSame

NoLongerTheSame Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As they say, it's the price of fame.

Lissi, SwordEmpress and Wujigege like this.
  3. Hazel00

Hazel00 Highland Knight | From Karsuk

Reading List:
    Link

Lissi and Wujigege like this.
  4. gyan7

gyan7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Calling a 13 year old a spoiled brat for not wanting to give them an interview on her birthday. Just goes to show how skewered that reporter's outlook of life is.

Paparazzi. Its not easy! I've seen lots of celebs have breakdowns and have to go to therapists because they're so sick of getting stalked! There were even some who made songs about these. Or got into fish fights with those reporters!

I know that some of them are good. But there's a fine line that they toe. And sometime, to get a "good story" and a pay rise/promotion, there are those who are willing to go to great lengths that might appear shockingly disgusting to a neutral bystander.

mir likes this.
  5. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    The paparazzi themselves have come out to apologize eg Perez Hilton, so no one can argue that they were good.
    The sad thing is that South Korea seems to have just entered their own Paparazzi phase.
    They are publishing private texts between people as "news".
    It is just salacious gossip.
    It is telling that the same website Dispatch that published texts that an actor was horrible are the same ones publishing another string of texts saying he was falsely accused.
    My sister said the website saved him but I disagree. You won't thank a person for treating your stab wound when they are the one who stabbed you in the first place.
    Unlike an actual news website that has to check sources, gossip sites post whatever they get their hands on.

Some So many texts have been taken out of context and careers ruined. Imagine a text from 2013 in which an actress tells her boyfriend not to kiss other actresses when acting. They broke up years ago but she lost all her movie and TV roles this year because of a text from 2013.
    It is not exactly a crime, She is just seen as controlling. But she got cancelled.
    Of course, it turns out it was a back and forth joke between both of them but she has already lost everything. Got kicked out of movies

Last edited: Nov 23, 2021
    mir likes this.
  6. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    I've watched that video!! Matilda was kinda funny XD

Wujigege likes this.
  7. Hazel00

Hazel00 Highland Knight | From Karsuk

Reading List:
    Link
    True, i hate south korea media :mad:

Wujigege likes this.
  8. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One really sad example is what Judy Garland went through, especially with how long-time MGM boss Louis B. Mayer treated her. Mr. Mayer was a Harvey Weinstein of his day.

DanielleAfarit likes this.