Recommendations Kingdom Building Xianxia

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by theoldmonster23, Nov 23, 2021.

1. theoldmonster23

theoldmonster23 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any good kingdom building xianxia novels or wuxia novels. Something like Records of The Human Emperor. I want the MC to have the ambition and political mind to conquer the world. It’d be badass to not just have a OP mc in terms of strength but also one who can defeat an enemy tens of thousands of miles away.

2. Reindeer

Reindeer RynDeeVuo

Reading List:
    Link
    From my experience, Xianxia and Kingdom Building is a pretty difficult mix. In a world where one guy can just kill millions on his own, building an army is usually really useless and they just end up taking a lot of training arc montage without actually being useful (Otherworldly Evil Monarch from what I remember). It's already hard to find good Kingdom Building novels as it is. Still though, the novel I think will fit what you're looking for the most should be World of Cultivation. The army the MC has is fairly quite useful and integral to the plot, and his commanders helps him out a lot in different areas. It's also a completed novel, although I wasn't able to finish it due to personal gripes with how the writer was abusing coincidences. It was still quite a good novel for the most part that I've read it though. As for Kingdom Building novels, I'd recommend Tales of the Reincarnated Lord. It's xuanhuan and not xianxia but it should still fit what you're looking for. Quite a bit of a slow start though. As for xianxia with hints of Kingdom Building, I'd recommend Tales of Herding Gods. While it doesn't exactly have an army that the MC commands, he does fight for the kingdom and has very close ties to its royalty. In fact, he does become the emperor in some sense later on. Overall the best novel amongst my recommendations so far, do try it out.

Gin_Hindew likes this.
  3. Khatulistiwa

Khatulistiwa An Egg Eternal

Reading List:
    Link
    Unfathomable Senior, but it's more like Sect/Clan Building than Kingdom Building

4. Gin_Hindew

Gin_Hindew Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +1 World of Cultivation
    When the MC needs to acquire resources that nobody has, he must make his own faction and grow it, its an important part of the plot, together with a magical arms race
    Defiance Of The Fall also works in a smaller level, MC needs to raise an army to help him take out several invading armies, its still mostly about him powering up to take out the enemy commanders, but factions have a lot of weight

5. NoLongerTheSame

NoLongerTheSame Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Say no more. Try The World Online. Yeah, it's a VRMMO, however, it affects the future of the entire human race. It's ultranationalistic though... bummer.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
  6. PeepoMrFool

PeepoMrFool Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Rise of Humanity (Xuanhuan). From the author of Tales of Herding Gods. In both novels, mc is forced to do this because of his goal, I would not say that they have a desire for personal political power over the whole world.

7. theoldmonster23

theoldmonster23 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    WOC is actually one of my favorite novels. It’s been so long since it’s been finished I forgot to put I’ve read that one as well. I’ve been fascinated with Chinese history since forever so I was hoping I could find a xianxia novel or Wuxi’s that had some kingdom building even though I know that’s not a easy find. Do you know if sword dynasty has kingdom building