Spoiler There Were Times When I Wished You Were Dead

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by summer-162, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Sata_chan300

Sata_chan300 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's a really well suited title for the story I respect you :aww::blobhighfive::blobmelt:

AnniePoo, Dhiyfal, Creolenerd and 3 others like this.
  2. dumplingslag

dumplingslag Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you know when he finds out ? Like what book or chapter ??

AnniePoo likes this.
  3. Ciddos

Ciddos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Heeran love song :)..under the oak tree's writer wrote it

I read all you wrote. You are just great! Thank you so much, you saved us all from a tormenting nervous breakdown :D

at the final spoiler of book 3

AnniePoo likes this.
  4. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The author's preference is really questionable since these are the only kind of MLs she writes.
    Other than that, the novel is quite simple and could be explained from beginning to end in a few paragraphs.
    We only have the main couple, the duke as the antagonist, the second queen and maybe mc's mother as a supporting character. It seems like their whole lives are centered around the duke's schemes and their own "love story" and nothing else happens or matters besides these.

5. akera93

akera93 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is my personal bias but I hate, loathe, despise these points:

- I hate stories about fate "oh they met when they were 3 and never again but sky daddy above planned for their future romance" I will stop you right there. That is shit. We all know these stories are fictional but don't cheapen it with this garbage.

- the ML publicly humiliates and tortures the MC who never did anything wrong to him because of her dad. Okay, fine. Women have been their father's tools for a big chunk of history but why would I want to read a story like this? If we're going for fantasy then how about you don't depress me? If I wanted to see women as doormats, I'd just go to wattpad and turn the year back to 2012 and read a bunch of crap about rejected mates and abuse. It's 2021 and almost 2022 let's not do this.

- I've had numerous rants about curses before but here I am doing it again. Curses are the lazy authors' plot devices. Instead of making compelling political, socioeconomic setting that makes characters betray, lie, cheat...whatever, lazy authors are like "yep, curse made her do it". Mind fricking blown!

- using depression, suicide, and all that as a catalyst for romance is also a lazy authors' best friend. Oh he is regretful and depressed, let's forgive him lest he rids the world of his miserable existence. Again, let's not!

Honestly, I could write a book about this novel and many like it that just cause more frustration than enjoyment when reading them. I always give them the benefit of the doubt thinking that the author has something good planned like how the MC will overcome adversity, leave the place and live her best life. But the answer is always "oh no your abuse and near-death experiences were a complete misunderstanding. Your abuser regrets it...kinda...so maybe stick around and let's just pour pink painting on this turd of a relationship and call it romance, yeah?"

Last edited: Nov 26, 2021
    Yume-sama, AFairfax, AnniePoo and 8 others like this.
  6. SoShy

SoShy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So uh, I came back to see what happened after seeing the webtoon. Welp seeing the end of book 5, it's a disappointment as expected. Honestly my expectations were low but this story took it to a new low.
    Quite ridiculous how ML wished to kill himself here. Like... why? were you the one deceived? were you the one abused? were you the one blackmailed? Then how in the world did you come up with the awesome idea of killing yourself? and for what purpose exactly?
    Knowing FL, he knows that spineless gal doesn't have in her to hate somebody, especially if that somebody is him. So his purpose here is to make FL suffer and regret more as well? uh... I don't see the rationale here. And if you loathe yourself to the point of wanting to kill yourself out of guilt and shame for harming somebody to that extent, then how come you're crawling back to take a part in that somebody's little world by the next damn second? uhhh you bipolar bruh? emotionally bipolar to be exact.

I guess it's ridiculous of me to find reason in a novel like this as well. Aight hope y'all have a great day and find good novels to read, unlike this one xD. Rant done.

7. Parielf

Parielf New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just don't understand, at the end ML and FL are not going to be together? Are they going to have any happy ending? Are they going to have family and kids? Is the ML going to be a better person? Is the FL going to recover?
    Although I ask for spoilder I know I will end up reading the book.
    Yes it is toxic, yes the book is not typical book I read . I enjoy happy ending and romance. But I should say the author work so hard to create such a plot twist, bring out all the emotions out of character which non of them are happy emotions.

AnniePoo likes this.
  8. Beethoven71

Beethoven71 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Alternate tite: The Abandoned Empress Original Timeline

(Male lead should spontaneously combust into flames and die, in the words of Martin Cabello)

9. dumplingslag

dumplingslag Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Normally I’d agree big time but her case is so different. A empress is strong when she has someone backing her up. No matter position if you don’t have strong allies you’re nothing which is why the ML hates the duke so much. So how on earth would yvuonne have any power over anything at all. She’s stuck between trash(dad) and another (trash) emperor. She was under magic since she was a child and was threatened using her mother where on earth would she go to make allies !??? All I feel is sadness and anger for her

Dhiyfal likes this.
  10. Luluchan

Luluchan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    are yvonne and lilian's appearance when the magic disappeared still the same or different? I don't understand why all this time Karloy didn't recognize Yvone as Lilian if their faces were the same:blobtriumph::blob_teary:

11. avatare449

Reading List:
    Link
    Jesus Christ this was an annoying thread to read through where are the men defending the ml.Yall are downplaying the fuck out of the mls trauma and so what is he was bullying her using his power sure its a scum thing to do and he should be punished somehow for it but to say that he should die is a stretch because he literally didnt know anything the mc was the only person that understood the whole situation and knew all the details to the ml she was just some cold heartless daughter of the person who literally killed his family, is coveting his throne,kidnapped him as a child and when he survived said kidnapping had the duke taunt him and basically say theres nothing he could do about and yall want him to sitback and try to understand the seemingly cold and heartless daughter of said person hell no.

You can't get mad at someone's reaction to a situation call his actions childless all you want but it was what he thought was right and he for sure regretted it so I'm not mad because both parties suffered. I do feel bad for the Mc tho she definitely deserved better and If after the ml tried his best to make it up to her she still rejected him I wouldn't have been mad

Boopbup likes this.
  12. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But it wasn't MC who did all of those things to ML, it was her father. She was just sitting there and keeping a poker face. She didn't have any power inside the palace, her hands were basically tied by ML and he never cared to talk to her to hear her side of the story. ML just simply assumed something and went on hating MC even when she said she'll help him sincerely and he agreed to use her help. Nothing MC would have ever done for him would have been enough, because he hated her for just being the daughter of his enemy. If she didn't turn out to be the child who has saved him before she would have been killed at the end and forgotten.
    The fact that he was mentally abusing her the way he did says a lot about his shitty character. He shouldn't die, it's the opposite, he should live a long life, but without MC. His suicide attempt looks very pathetic and it also tells a lot about his character. He really doesn't deserve a happy ending after all his schemes and abuse because in the end he is the same power hungry psycho same as MC's father.

13. avatare449

Reading List:
    Link
    Females are funny bro this
    I agree he had way to much hatred towards her just because he thought she was his daughter. I don't like him but at the end of the day he was hurting and needed someone to project it on and he couldn't directly access the duke so he took it out on a weak woman which is pathetic asf but I also don't think he deserved to die for it because at least he didn't put his hands on her or anything to that extent.

syofiaa likes this.
  14. Leileya

Leileya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want him to SUFFER! And her to be happy with someone who cherished her not someone who is sorry NOW that she’s gone

Angela3107 likes this.
  15. juneberry

juneberry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its my personal opinion on this novel. Im someone who cant digest tragic story, im glad its a happy ending, but i can barely keep up with the whole story line.

I just want to say that, i hate him. Never have i hate a ML so much like this. I just really hate him. No matter how many time i have reread this thing, i just hate him. I can barely able to read this novel, i dont even touch the first 3 volume. The suffering suffocate me, the half-ass so-called ‘interest’ or ‘love’ disgust me, i feel nothing but terrible feeling. I only read from volume 4, when i can see ML suffer, that was my only salvation in this novel.

It pains me so much that at the end of the day, no one truly on the FL side during her hard time, except the maid. Even Asher who help her, is someone who help her because of the ML, not exactly loyalty toward her. It was so different from any of ro-fan novel i have read, where FL can make her own ally along her journey. Our FL is utterly alone in her fight, with the ML half-ass support and believe. (I’m definitely on you side honey :blob_teary:)

About the ending and how the two get back together. I agree that i also have nothing to say. I still hate him, but im on the fl side, as long as she is fine with thing, so am i. But i still hate him. :blob_catflip:

AnniePoo likes this.
  16. zenn114

zenn114 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello guys, can someone tell me which chapter of the novel thats correlated with the current 27th chapter of the manhwa? Bcs I wanna read it in this site’s table of contents novel spoilers

17. Missy2894

Missy2894 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well i know many will rant me for this
    But i have totally different opinion with the rest of the users
    Even after read the spoiler, i have only few minor things that i hate about the ML, i am trying to put myself in his shoes, not in FL shoes
    1. ML is not someone who knows people's heart, nor did he know her real background. He only see the empress being a tool for a duke, his enemy. So, it is a very rational things for him to be aware of her. If we put our selves in FL shoes, well we can blame ML for being a cold husband, tried to use her as a tool just like the Duke and blah blah blah.
    But hey, can you see all the ML that most people praise as being romantic and blah blah blah, they don't give a fuck for other woman but FL alone. They can be cruel to other woman but not the FL. Just because of this : other woman is not a significant being for them. So why blame this ML so much when he has the reason to go against FL? Isn't this type if ML is the one you looking for in every story, someone who will only be devoted to one woman? In his point of view before knowing the truth, FL is someone that sided with the duke, his enemy, FL is someone dangerous, so he need to be aware of her. So even if FL being sincere towards him, he cannot just received it as FL being a good person, he will have reason that this might be FL scheme to bring him down
    2. For God sake, he doesn't know who FL is. He doesn't know that FL mother was kept as hostage, he know nothing! FL was cursed so she can't say anything as she please. So how can ML figure out that she is also suffering?
    As long as he doesn't know anything, he will always have an impression that FL is someone that will harm him. So he needs to be careful with his feelings
    And all the FL misery, I can't blame it on ML, the Duke was the one who put her in misery. He is the one that kidnap her, he is the one that held her mother as hostage, he is the one that send FL to be a tool for ML, he is the jerk here. ML just react and respond according to his own analysis, because even FL doesn't even have the ability to tell him the truth. ML is not God who supposed to know anything that happened in Duke estate
    That's it.
    Oh by the way, if i have something i hate about ML is, because he used the Marquis daughter as tool to be his queen. I am also not someone who liked harem, but again, I can't blame ML for not sleeping with FL, because he have to keep himself away from the Duke's traps. So i really have no reason to hate ML to the degree of thinking that he doesn't deserved happy ending

Kasik likes this.
  18. Hera a misigga

Hera a misigga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So he simply deserves a happy ending after all this,nah bro....at least not the happy ending with the FL by his side

19. Missy2894

Missy2894 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I totally agree that it is so weird when FL can easily forgive ML and decided to be with him. More or less he cause an emotional damage for her
    That kind if situation is not something that can happen in real life either, unless FL is someone who surprisingly has an angel heart (i doubt thing existed)
    But, that is a different context, the context i am talking here is whether or not he deserved to be hated for his action towards FL? Not about whether or not he deserved to be with FL
    If i put myself in objective view, no he doesn't deserved that
    He simply act as normal person with some brain will act :
    He doesnt want to be deceived, he doesn't let other people affect his emotion when he suspect them as dangerous one. He doesn't want to fall in love with the person that will likely destroy him and bring the empire to ruin
    Instead, he use their scheme to attack them back. You know what? For me he is a smart leader, i will feel safe as the citizen knowing that my emperor won't fall for his evil father in law scheme through his wife and doesn't let his evil father in law increase in power by giving birth to the next successor
    If the FL really is a villain of this story, i bet so many people will turn side and defend ML, saying that he is smart not letting other control him in the name of "love" why? Because apparently, it happened that FL is the evil one in this "what if" scenario
    But just because FL is not bad, doesn't mean ML deserved so much hatred for what i call his "rational" decision
    So yeah, i can not hate him that much, except for bringing the Marquis daughter as his tool to attack the duke.
    Edit : and i don't think he deserve to die

AnniePoo, syofiaa and sssssleigh like this.
  20. AkariCandy

AkariCandy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :hmm:Does anyone know how and when will he find out that she is Lu