Discussion What Do You Think About Relentless Pursuits?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by hansora, Nov 25, 2021.

Tags:
  1. hansora

hansora Someone Who Seeks Fluff & Heartwarming Stories

Reading List:
    Link
    So, I came across a tweet today, showing a video of a woman begging a man who she has been rejecting for 5 years

No matter in fiction or real life, there are cases where suitors continuously chasing after their love interest despite rejections. While some succeed and even marry their love interests then live happily until old age, there are also cases like in this video

https://twitter.com/i/status/1463407542856343552

While I enjoy reading WN/LN about the leads chasing after their love interest, I can't help but feel weird when thinking about the real-life scenario :notlikeblob: I feel so conflicted

Just a random post to distract me from my heavy workload :bloborz:

Tumtum and Alexcia like this.
  2. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hard to say what I think about them in fiction, especially if it is some hypothetical ship that I wish happened. However, be it real or fiction, it is essentially a combo of stalking and harassing.

Cutter Masterson likes this.
  3. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    I say that you should give up. If from the beginning the person of your interest doesn't show interest back towards you then its not cool to be a weirdo and essentially harass them.

It's my dream though for a girl/dude to pursue me though. Thats just personally cause I just like chicks/dudes that are outgoing and showing with their affection.

4. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally, if she said no. That’s it for me. I’d move on. If for some reason they fall in love with you later. It’s up to them. To win you over. But from the word no. I’d be moving on. But, if she said something like let’s be friends first or they’ll think about it. Stringing you along. Like a 5lb tuna. Well that leads to some gray area. That’s when it’s up to you. Do you want to be a plan B or not. For me. I’d find another better girl. That does care about me

idlereader and Mnotia like this.
  5. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it depends on the circumstances.

Like... There is a very noticeable difference between:

"Can you go out with me?"
    "I don't think I can..."

and

"Can you go out with me?"
    "No."

Basically like... If the other party made it very clear that they don't want to be with you and that they won't change their mind, you should give up.

If, OTOH, the other party seemed to be kinda reluctant about the rejection, and seemed to be having second thoughts, it's not the end of the world if you try it for a while longer... Obviously 5 years is way way way waaaaaaaaaaaay too much, but it really isn't that bad if you keep on trying for a few weeks (or maybe months) with someone that seems to be warming up to you.

Like, my relationship with my 2nd boyfriend started like that. I rejected him a few times, and he kept on pursuing me... Eventually I said yes, and we dated for 8 months. It didn't work out in the end, but it was a wonderful relationship while it lasted~

But well, that was only because I didn't give him a flat out rejection, I mostly talked about how I wasn't ready for a relationship and stuff like it... It's quite different from someone that is more to the point on rejecting.

And well, if you're in doubt about whether or not it's okay to keep trying... It's better to go with the safe option of "No means no." and give up. If you can't read the other person well enough to be confident that you still have a chance, then it's better to not be a bother that makes them go crazy over the course of 5 years... >.>

6. Bad Storm

Bad Storm no thought, head empty

Reading List:
    Link
    there should be a point when no is no. You have you're own worth, if someone cannot see that, at the very least you should. Have an ounce of self-respect. There are so many people out there, who knows if you find someone who can value you as much as you value them.

7. Alexcia

Alexcia Belle of Banter

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahhhhh, I'm pursuing someone rn and I've been seeing these kinds of post....is this....is this a sign?:sweating_profusely:

Stephane likes this.
  8. Stephane

Stephane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just pursue the lad and make him yours, don't worry.

Alexcia likes this.
  9. Alexcia

Alexcia Belle of Banter

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahahahah i see i see okay!

10. myfakeaccount

myfakeaccount Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I personally feel that as long as the person doesn't give you an outright no, "stop bothering me" etc, its okay to pursue them. But you have to know when to draw the boundary and understand their signs ofc

Alexcia likes this.
  11. Alexcia

Alexcia Belle of Banter

Reading List:
    Link
    i wouldn't have my feeling up for too long (5y is a no-no) while courting them directly like this, like i literally spelled it all out, so even if they're reluctant and im still trying, doesn't mean the chasing gonna continue for ages, 1y is already the maximun

AliceShiki likes this.
  12. Little Evil

Little Evil Hello o/

Reading List:
    Link
    No means no.
    Unless they themselves change mind and say so, that's final for me.
    Dont really enjoy it In fiction either, tho little bit is allowed.
    Whole pursuit and stuff.
    It's a trope for a reason after all.