Recommendations Overlord/Forgotten Conqueror?

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Axman0557, Nov 25, 2021.

1. Axman0557

Axman0557 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok, so I’ll start with some LNs/WNs/RRL that I really liked so far, and some that I haven’t. I’m ok with reading LNs/WNs/RRLs.

Liked
    - Death Mage Doesnt Want a 4th Time (Specifically, the fact that not only the MC but ALSO his subordinates stand at the top of the worlds ranking is what I like. An OP MC is good, an OP Nation created by the OP MC is better)
    - Overlord (same reason as above. Dropped around volume 10 when it became clear the MC was never going to progress from being brain damaged. Wasted potential of a book series)
    - Something Strongest Guildmaster made a nation in a week (Even though this was a blatant clone of Overlord I actually liked it)
    - Forgotten Conqueror (again, op MC and even more powerful subordinates, those spirit lords are dope)
    - Everyone Loves Large Chest (this is a masterpiece except for the ending when the author clearly got tired of writing it)
    - Anything written by Andur on RRL, anything.
    - Demon Lord by some Korean author (Currently reading, and this is ok. I’m a sucker for LitRPGs)
    - Reincarnated as a slime (the MC is a little too asexual for me, but everything else kinda checks out. Becoming a god is a BIG plus)
    - Re:Monster (it definitely checks all my boxes, but the writing or translation isn’t that great. Dropped it after a particularly butchered chapter, may end up reading this since the story is what I’m looking for)
    - Mushoku Tensei (this doesn’t really check, well, any of my boxes, but I still like it. Mainly because 3 wives? MC being weaker than those sword god people is a shame)
    - Beginning After the End (no kingdom building, and no OP subordinates, but I still liked what I’ve read so far)

Didn’t like
    - Vampire Princess (it’s a shame because this was setup to be a home run for me, but then we realized the MC has a horrendous personality, is hypocritical, and has no goal whatsoever.
    - Arcane Emperor (this was just poorly written and the characters were bland)
    - Elf Tensei something (The one about the sage reincarnating 31 times. Either the writing or the translating, I don’t know which, makes this unreadable. The way they talk is also annoying)
    - Legend of Randidly Ghosthound (the plot jumps around every single chapter, major developments are forgotten about, characters suddenly change personalities on a whim. I feel like the autho LFR never planned this out and just writes each chapter on the fly. Too many inconsistencies, thus unreadable)

Other
    - Polymath Redux (this is on my read list, but regardless of how good it is there’s only like 30 chapters or something. The good ones always die young)
    - Release that Witch (I read the manhua, and this has everything I’m looking for but I just can’t agree with the premise that the government should control everything, including regulating gossip. When they burned the people in the jail cell and then told us that this was actually a good thing I stopped reading. Just going from one bad system (nobles) to another (government that controls everything))

Main points of my tastes:
    - I detest wimpy/virgin MCs who have issues with killing people. If I think that MC is going to be surrounded by chicks and NOT sleeping with any of them, I’ll drop it. It’s unhealthy for a character in the prime of their youth to decide Voluntary celibacy is the way to go, something wrong in their head. I also think there’s something inherently wrong with people in a sword/sorcery world who refuse to kill people
    - OP MC with OP subordinates if possible
    - Magic is a must
    - nothing Wuxia, I can’t stand the word “cultivation” or martial arts in any way. Also CN kingdom building just turns into “and this is why Mao was great, don’t you see?!” Divorced from reality.
    - if possible, nation/kingdom building is a huge plus
    - must have more than 50 chapters

I’ve read a bunch more that I didn’t like on the translated LN side, I’ll add them as I think of them.

Any suggestions are appreciated, Thanks!

Last edited: Nov 25, 2021
  2. Half HP

Half HP Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    try Dungeon Defense, it doesn't have OP MC and the subordinates isn't really OP either but it's a pretty good read

3. NoLongerTheSame

NoLongerTheSame Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. orangethegreatorange

orangethegreatorange Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Lazy King
    Edit: never mind I just remembered it has only 16 chapters.