Discussion art discussion. experts welcome.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by CadmarLegend, Nov 26, 2021.

?

What is a Poll?

1. A Pole

2. A Pawl

3. A poll is the very definition of the context of life, embroidered with the seventh law of nature

4. Idiotic Philosophy above me ._.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. CadmarLegend

CadmarLegend one and a two and a bing bang boo!

Reading List:
    Link
    So, art. Art. Oh, art.

I'm talking about drawing art, btw. Not the action, but the type. As in, not the art of music or acting, but the art of drawing/sketching/pen on paper.

Now, I wanna ask something... why does something like THIS get a full two walls at an exhibition?

[​IMG]

All I see is bread with jam spread on it by a two year old child. Yet, that one person in the photo is staring so intently at the canvas. Why?

A small challenge: this is one part of a very famous piece. guess the creator:

[​IMG]

Lissi and One Perfect Veteran like this.
  2. Evilseniorbro

Evilseniorbro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Go to museum of modern art, your eyes will roll out from what the hell you're looking at.

A rubber mat folded in a way to be like an arch standing on the floor was one of the exhibits.

90% of art now is money laundering and to bullshit your charity donations for the good tax deductibles.

3. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Sometimes it can be interesting to look at modern art tbh, all you need is a description explaining the intent of the author behind the piece, showing what they're trying to convey and stuff.

Modern art by itself is weird and makes no sense and is quite frankly ugly. But once you get the explanation about the individual piece, it actually can look interesting.

That said, the fact that a piece of content created by someone requires an explanation to be appreciated points out towards a horrible flaw in said content, and it should be revised to be able to stand on its own... But for some reason, people think it's okay to have unintuitive art, but it's not okay to have unintuitive games... Why are people smart only when judging games, but stupid when judging art? I don't get it, but it is what it is~

4. Kledor

Kledor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hmm not an art expert but I think that modern art is a result of people being too good at analyzing art. I mean if we look for a meaning in this art we can probably find one. I personally would say something like the left side looks like chaos at first sight but many of the lines are curved up and down and are just overlayed too many times while the righr one has some lines going more diagonally and is much less organized so this piece could be a commentary on how life appears chaotic but only gets more chaotic as time goes on. But I think that in modern art we lose something fundamental to art and just have people keep pushing the envelope further. I mean its not necessarily bad but personally I dont find it nearly as enjoyable to apperciate as something that looks visually appealing.

One Perfect Veteran and asriu like this.
  5. CadmarLegend

CadmarLegend one and a two and a bing bang boo!

Reading List:
    Link
    In that sense, you could tape pizza boxes together with electric duct tape and then say it is to show the currents of emotion within the American heart, and it could be considered art... is it really this simple? Is modern art basically just complexity beyond the brink, turned into simplicity so simple it becomes complex again?

6. Schwarze_Kreuz

Schwarze_Kreuz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's a line from "Full Metal Jacket" that perfectly sums up what "art" is today:
    "You're so ugly you could be a modern art masterpiece!"
    Art's supposed to be something that evokes some sort of reaction from the viewer, whether it be emotional, spiritual, or otherwise. Most of the stuff I see today...doesn't move me at all. :facepalm:

7. rhianirory

rhianirory Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    dunno about that second one but the first one looks all angry and chaotic. bloody.

8. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    art on first place really subjective thing so most of times this cat not bother with it~ creator, medium, audience~ as audience if the medium fail to impresse this cat then it mean it not for this cat~ maybe those experts can translate it so dumb cat can understand the hell is that~

weird.... that how some of modern art this cat see

9. Baldingere

Baldingere Roseau pensant

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm still scared by my visit of a modern art museum as a teen where they had, aside of a video of a washing machine breaking apart as it washes a stone, a video of a girl talking a language I didn't know and petting a lobster very affectionately for a while, then breaking him apart piece by piece, just as affectionately, as he screeches to his death.

One Perfect Veteran likes this.