Discussion mosquitoes should rot in hell

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Amaruna Myu, Nov 26, 2021.

1. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    more specifically, only the female bloodsucking mosquitoes

my language is... quite bad because of my sheer annoyance

I have currently 4 huge bites on my feet but my house has pretty much every opening covered by a mosquito net so I have no freaking idea how those tiny bastards come in.

I also have 4 on my elbow, which is freaking annoying because elbow bites are not nice to scratch.

I only have 4 on my feet because right now I'm wearing pants.
    the record number of bites on one leg is 10 in 1 night

I am really frustrated because the mosquitoes keep attacking me while all I want to do is embroider this cool looking bookmark I bought to destress after 3 weeks of exams

the mosquitoes aren't helping
    add on the fact that my thread is tangling and knotting so I have to restart over and over again

why is my house plagued with mosquitoes

I'm pretty sure we kill like more than 10 everyday but the damn bloodsuckers keep coming back

at one point my mum decided to fill a small bottle with the dead mosquitoes and oh boy did it fill up quickly

I dont know if this can be considered a mosquito season, but this situation has been occuring for nearly half a year

what on earth is wrong with my home???
    even my neighbours are having mosquito infestation and every night I hear those zapping-bat-to-kill-mosquito things going zap zap zap

I have mosquito bites to the point that my leg is riddled with scars that have yet to disappear from previous mosquito bites

ahhhhhhh I'm so angry I want to scream

female mosquitoes should just be obliterated from the world!
    screw ecosystems!
    screw mosquito extinction!
    begone bloodsuckers!

man, I wish I was in a temperate country. at least mosquito season would be 3 months tops

2. TheBlueLaundryBag

TheBlueLaundryBag Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Repellent cream is the solution. I always have a bottle near me because mosquitoes seem to love me.

Amaruna Myu likes this.
  3. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You know, I wouldn't have had that many reservations with them feeding off of me had they not thought to kindly repay the kindness with itching and diseases.

4. Amaruna Myu

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont know whats repellant cream but I do have medical ointment that helps chase them away. but it isn't very effective and feels uncomfortable.
    I'd rather have a repellant that I don't have to apply
    tried using citronella oil before but the effect is negligible
    I'll have to douse my house in mosquito repellant to avoid them entirely

that exactly...

otaku31 likes this.
  5. CardOne4All

CardOne4All Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As a person that doesn’t get bitten by any type of insect I can’t sympathize with you, but I wish you the best on your mosquito genocide.

Amaruna Myu likes this.
  6. kkgoh

kkgoh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Or they can rot in your belly ...

7. Goblin Sleuth

Goblin Sleuth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are some plants you can grow such as lemongrass that keep mosquitoes away. Another thing you can do is make sure there isn't any standing water nearby. If you live near a body of water there is nothing you can do, but you've got anything like rain barrels make sure the mosquitoes aren't laying their eggs in them. You'll know if you see the larvae, in which case just dump out the water or strain it through a cloth if you don't want to waste it.

mir and Amaruna Myu like this.
  8. Amaruna Myu

Reading List:
    Link
    very informative, but no, never.
    we have lemongrass at home
    we live near a canal, but it's running water, I think?
    I once saw my mom's potted plant have mosquito larvae and made sure she got rid of it
    there wasn't really a change in our living environment recently so I'm not sure where that influx of mosquitoes came from

I'll probably go around my house checking for more stagnant water

kkgoh likes this.
  9. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    To understand why there are a lot of mosquitoes, you need to first, understand what kind of mosquitoes there are. Once you found out what kind, you can research their habitat. There are all kinds of mosquitoes, some nest in stagnant water, some in toilets, some under tall grass. Once you find out their habitat, you can get rid of their habitat.

Yes, nobody ever said it's easy. Fogging works, but it's only temporary. You need to remove the habitat, because as long as their nests are there, they will keep coming. If you live in the equator, there is nothing stopping them from breeding again, unless, you remove their nests.

Or you could remove their food, which is you and your neighbours. But Ai-chan assumes that the massacre of your neighbours is probably not high on your agenda. So get rid of their habitats, stat! If you have a flamethrower, you can also burn the forest or your toilet.

As for what you can do to protect yourself. Vaseline works. You can also stop breathing, because mosquitoes are attracted to carbon dioxide. The reason why they always hover around your head and your ears? Carbon dioxide.

Ai-chan assumes you're either Malaysian, Singaporean or Indonesian, so this article would probably benefit you https://siraplimau.com/jenis-pokok-halau-nyamuk-di-malaysia/

10. Anon Ymous

Anon Ymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    technicaly they are in hell, same place with us

11. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Put the bites under hot water. The reason they are ichy is because of allergy to the enzymes in their saliva. At hot enough temperature, the enzymes break down.

Being a mosquito magnet (if I am there, mosquitoes will bite nobody but me), I feel your pain.

Set up a mosquito trap with bottle of soda, bananas and vinegar.

If Mosquitoes went extinct, it wouldn't have much impact on the ecosystem. They aren't vital, they are a plague.

Mosquitoes are responsible for killing more humans then every other animal combined! (including other humans)

[​IMG]

Rumby, mir, Amaruna Myu and 2 others like this.
  12. Mr. Tired

Mr. Tired Professional Idiot

Reading List:
    Link
    I enjoyed my environmental science classes and loved learning about how one animal can tip the scale in different ecosystems.

I'm a firm believer all [female] mosquitos can rot in hell, like the raggedy hoes they are. They steal our blood, give us diseases, and make us itchy. I'm sure frogs and bats could find other insects to eat, there are so many, but I wish and pray all mosquitos could just die and drop to the ground forever, to never be seen again. I've never felt such contempt and rage for a tiny life form.
    I also believe all lives have worth, but not the 'squito, they can all perish and no one would care. I wouldn't bat an eye.

Dear mosquitos, go die.

13. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    I've hear Thermacell mosquito repellant being highly recommended. However, that's just a repellant and it's only effective while it's on and you'll need to buy refills. So since mosquitos is such a persistent problem, you need to kill them.

Buy a couple of bug zappers.

Place one outside of your house. Remember, when using the mosquito attractant, it will bring in mosquitos from the whole neighborhood. You do not want it this bug zapper close to your house. You do not want this bug zapper close to where you would normally walk pass. Place it as far away as you can that your extension cord will reach.

Place the second bug zapper inside your house to catch any that made it in. While your windows have screens, mosquitos can hitch a ride on your clothes and hair when you go in and out of your house.

Or you can go old school. My parents used to burn incense to smoke out the mosquitos. I personally can't stand a constantly smoky house, though.

mir likes this.
  14. prongsjiisan

prongsjiisan Apostle of Violence

Reading List:
    Link
    Indeed they should rot!

Amaruna Myu likes this.
  15. Little Evil

Little Evil Hello o/

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean, why not~
    I would try ^^
    It actually would.
    A LOT of stuff eats them. Mosquitos are major part of ecosystems. Tho there are projects in play like GMO mosquitoes that wouldn't sting that would prevent total extermination while providing its benefits to us.

16. sixnein

sixnein Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My man taking one for the team

otaku31 and Amaruna Myu like this.
  17. Amaruna Myu

Reading List:
    Link
    ai-chan is very smart
    a massacre doesn't sound like a bad idea...:blobhero:
    crap... I'm a bio student and I forgot about this
    I'm gonna try this out the next time I get bitten
    are you sure that catches mosquitoes and not fruit flies?
    :blobpitch:
    I used to have a bug zapper in my room but it broke down and we never used one again.
    we have mosquito incense too but it hasn't been used recently, I guess we forgot about it
    I'll go check out the repellant, thanks!
    that looks like a dirt patty.:blobsleepless:

Ai chan likes this.
  18. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really. Humans eat pizza, if it disappeared, contrary to popular belief, humans would not go extinct.

Other bugs are perfectly capable of filling in most of the gaps. Not to mention not all species of mosquitoes bite. We only want to get rid of the biting ones. (Nuke them from space maybe?)

Yes, it gets all kinds of insects including mosquitoes.

https://thehomesteadinghippy.com/diy-mosquito-traps/

You can go with the fan trap too if you got a lot of them in a place and don't mind the extra power usage.

mir likes this.
  19. Amaruna Myu

Reading List:
    Link
    I tried that for a while, wasn't very effective

20. baka8roukanako

baka8roukanako Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ticks are far, far worse. The worst a mosquito can give you is malaria.