Discussion Which websites that you visit that annoys you but you can't stop

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by RiboseSugar, Nov 27, 2021.

1. RiboseSugar

RiboseSugar Mirror Mirror, I'm beautiful. Fact, not question.

Reading List:
    Link
    One is Plumlizi because There is no next button, I'd have to go the NU page and drag-drop it. Imagine how annoying it would be if it was on mobile. Well I only read one novel so I don't know about the other novels.

leo.d. and DrunkReader01 like this.
  2. livorino

livorino Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the past, it was my school website. I didn't want to see my grades but I had to.

3. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd say this one, but apparently people are starting to be able to stop nowadays. :notlikeblob:

4. natsume142

natsume142 だが、断る

Reading List:
    Link
    Pannchoa or the previous netizenbuzz and twitter. Hate the crowd there but I cant stopped seeing people stupidity

Ruzova, JessImi and RiboseSugar like this.
  5. RiboseSugar

Reading List:
    Link
    Then there's Tiktok which people can even argue about whether the person is Japanese or Chinese when the person is clearly Indian, I mean how the f they that stupid. It Infuriates me so much:blobangery::blobangery::blobangery::blobangery::blobangery::blobangery::blobangery::blobangery:

6. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Ikr!? It's so scary to see people being cured from NUF addiction!

otaku31, Blitz, Ddraig and 3 others like this.
  7. RiboseSugar

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean yeah, I haven't checked any of the threads these days.

8. Little Evil

Little Evil Hello o/

Reading List:
    Link
    Reddit~
    Only go there for HFY, but still annoying...
    Especially their politics and charged atmosphere there.

Rutabaga, RiboseSugar and Leo William like this.
  9. Solus

Solus 自分のことお嫌いです

Reading List:
    Link
    Any translation page hosted in Tumblr. There's no next button unless the translators put it in themselves.

runsing and LaDyViL like this.
  10. aShinyVaporeon

aShinyVaporeon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reading novels on Google Docs that haven't been published in website format...it's not great. And it's even worse on mobile.

What's funny is that it's not that hard to publish in website format, either, but some people just don't do it. Maybe they don't know about it?

runsing likes this.
  11. Sutad Aatma

Sutad Aatma Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll totally agree with plumlizi since i use it on my phone but the staff members are really nice so i just suck it up and use nu links to navigate and do the open link in new tab >.<

12. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    If the staff members are nice, can't you ask them to manually add previous/TOC/Next buttons at the end of each chapter? It is a bit of a bother to add them manually, but it's not a huge endeavor either.

13. Sutad Aatma

Reading List:
    Link
    nah, i know it is a lot of pain doing it. Doing it manually is easy but it takes too much of time that is why I didn't insist on it. Plus as far as I know, most of them are like working adults so it makes sense that they wont have time to do it. I am just happy they are giving out good translation for the type of novels i like ^-^

14. leo.d.

leo.d. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    https://dreamsofjianghu.ca/ <—-
    Same reason! I love the stories they translate and the quality but like!!! No next button at all

RiboseSugar likes this.
  15. Fluffums

Fluffums 【R-18 Researcher】【Seeker of Moe】

Reading List:
    Link
    It doesn't actually take that much time. You just create a page template that includes a back/table of contents/forward links, copy/paste it whenever you start a new page. If it's on a site that automatically assigns a random URL or goes by date, there's the added step of copy/paste the relevant URLs, but that would take about a minute at most per chapter, not a significant time investment past the initial template creation.

It's a bit intimidating for someone who doesn't know anything about web design at all but it only took me a few minutes to figure out how to do it when I made a short series of blog posts here, and then all I had to do was copy/paste two or three times per page once the template was formed. It's that quick and easy to do, but not doing it makes it much harder to read so people like me give up on sites that can't do that much.

AliceShiki and RiboseSugar like this.
  16. Sutad Aatma

Reading List:
    Link
    oh do you have like um... a link for demo version or something? I want to try doing it but this was like a little confusing for me. I am total noob when it comes to tech stuff >.<

17. Fluffums

Fluffums 【R-18 Researcher】【Seeker of Moe】

Reading List:
    Link
    Different sites have different coding, so the same method won't work everywhere. NUF uses bbcode, so urls are something like {url="sitename.com/section/lastpageID"]Back[/url] but with all regular brackets. So you just create a page template somewhere (maybe on a Word document?) and all you need to do is change "lastpageID" to whatever the last chapter's page is, "nextpageID" to whatever the next chapter's page is, whatever you need. This is not the absolute best or easiest method, but it's simple and all you need to do is figure out how it works one time for the site, then copy/paste from then on. If google isn't helpful, you could make a thread in the appropriate forum asking for help on your website and someone with the right knowledge can help you.

AliceShiki and Sutad Aatma like this.
  18. plum

plum Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi Diriye, we're terribly sorry for the inconvenience. In this past year, we have started implementing previous and next chapter buttons. However, for chapters prior to this year, it was totally up to the translators' (project managers) jurisdiction to add the buttons, as it is a bit more work for them to do. Please let me know which novel it is, and I will personally go back and add the buttons when I have time. Though I would rather have the translators and myself focus our time and energy to translate and pump out more chapters for y'all!

We appreciate your understanding and hope you continue to enjoy our novels!

19. RiboseSugar

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, honestly it was a minor complaint and As long as you have the NU page it will be okay, but the translated chapter matter more so it’s okay if there isn’t a next button