Recommendations A subvertion to linear warrior quadratic wizard

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by 0000000, Nov 27, 2021.

1. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LinearWarriorsQuadraticWizards

So most of the times in written works, this holds true as well with the titular MC probably subclass in mage class to be an eldritch knight or something in order to keep up with the trend. Even in Main Character too OP, it is the same because the demon king kills himself to be immune to MC's OP physical attacks.

Then in Nightwatcher, the pugilist class is the only class that focuses on the body instead of the soul and it is the mockery of all other classes. Though the class has a benefit that others don't as its level goes higher and it is sort of a subvert to the genre; insanely high defense and regenerative rate. Thus the quote for the class as "the warrior can make countless mistakes (in a fight) while he only need from you is one." Still sucks though in general attack strength and utility when other classes can cast "suggestion", use the elements and even reduce one's luck while all that the pugilist can do is hack and slash.

I want recommendations on the subvertion of the trope, doesn't have to be actual warrior and mage. Can be in cultivation novels where there are body cultivation and spell learning where the MC MAINLY FOCUS ON BODY. I have read way too many xianxias with either the MC dropping body for spell or multiclass, I can stand multiclass but the spell section mustn't take over the body cultivation entirely or at such a great amount that it makes it obsolete. Case and point of not making it obsolete, Omnipresent God of War.

armad224 likes this.
  2. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    Magic? Muscle Is Much More Important Than Such A Thing!
    This JP novel title TLDR all your long post. :blobsalute:

3. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
  4. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Smacking my head on the work and dropped it. Thanks.
    Have been avoiding this work because it feels like a parody of the subvertion just like Mashu. Thanks.

Ps. I take back what I said about NUF remembering my post as I awkwardly changes from Samsung Internet app to Google to retype my reply for send out.

5. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link