Recommend 1 thing on nu

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Onamatopoeia, Nov 27, 2021.

1. Onamatopoeia

Onamatopoeia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I you wanted to recommend 1 thing on nu, which would it be and why? Would it be something well known or a hidden gem?
    My choice is sword dynasty. Because the fights and characters are diverse. The progression of the story is unexpected and it has a complete ending without much to nag about. Compare it to Ze Tian Ji and I would say there were more interesting chatacters and antagonists and a more complete ending.

2. Blank-1

Blank-1 Fantasy-holic

Reading List:
    Link
    Experimental Log of the Crazy Lich
    Because of its interconnected world building (albeit at the expense of regular infodumps) and the eccentric characters, especially the MC

3. Eskapisti

Eskapisti Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lord of the Mysteries is still my favorite. Everything just ties in together so well in the end and the characters are unique and likeable. The Victorian era aesthetics also fit the story well and I like how it's not constant action.

Cream and Deleted member 41274 like this.
  4. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    Am surprised no one's said Invisible Dragon yet :blobrofl:

Though my actual recommendation would probably be the Earth is Online!

Rumby likes this.
  5. Deleted member 41274

Deleted member 41274 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    I am not sure if I can rec only one since a lot of stuff is awesome for different reasons and is not comparable. And the one series I would always rec does not have a novel version

Perhaps Hyouka?

Seriously though rec just one thing is hard as you always think "series ??? also deserves to be the one I rec"

7. Fluffums

Fluffums 【R-18 Researcher】【Seeker of Moe】

Reading List:
    Link
    I recommend reading lists. Once I made lists for novels I'm not trying to keep up-to-date on and set them to "hidden" it's become so much easier to keep track of new releases. Ah, but release filtering is really nice too. It's hard not to recommend that. Being able to skip the genres and groups you know you definitely don't want to read is amazing.

8. DustySpiral

DustySpiral Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I Married a Disabled Tyrant After Transmigrating - Novel Updates

I bookmarked this little-known series after reading the entire thing (131 chapters) via MTL for pretty much the sole purpose of remembering to recommend it. Which is unusual, as I generally don't read romance novels. Anyway, the pacing is good, the relationship development is nice, and the main cast is likable. There are some things I hope get slightly tweaked in the LN version but frankly they are minor issues - the core story is great. I think the link is for the LN version despite being listed as WN but I could be wrong though.

I'd also note that the title, although accurate, is also kind of misleading (I was expecting a rather different story than what I got based on that title, and I think others would be pleasantly surprised as well).

----------

There are other series I have high opinions of, as well, but you said one and this one is less well known than the others I'd suggest so that's that~

9. Renzy

Renzy 『⚓』『JackOfAllTrades』『7years』

Reading List:
    Link
    A stay-at-home dad's restaurant in an alternate world. I read it in another website.. just type it in google

Its Daddy Fantasy Restaurant in NU

I'd say its the best cooking novel so far with a twist... the MC is slowly recovering his martial art cultivation.. with beautiful employees from other races.. mostly princesses.. but the best part is that he had a cute half elven child and an ex elven queen as a wife.. its slice of life..

10. sixnein

sixnein Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reverend insanity