Discussion Happen just like that in real life?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Kaylee, Nov 27, 2021.

1. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you ever watched a movie, where one of the character usually woman, will break a glass and then when it shatters she tries to pick the pieces but then her fingers get pricked?
    It happens in novel/manga too, they all like 'be careful, dont touch those small fragments might get to your finger' and then it will.
    I know, they use this well known 'scene' to dramatize and maybe to entertain the audiences??

I say, never in real life I encounter such things. When it happened, my mother would say, cleaned it up and be careful. I would pick the big fragments that could still be seen and then used broom and maybe if I wasnot lazy, I'd use cellotape. That's all.
    I think, I never hurt my fingers over small pieces of glasses. But I think, I did see someone step onto those small pieces of glass, so it's the feet, not the finger.

So, did it happen to you like in movie?

2. Miku

Miku

Reading List:
    Link
    it happens. But I was just a little kid back then. considering that you say 'a woman', I don't know if it qualifies? the problem that time is that the small shard is not detected when it was cleaned. The light is reflected on my eyes, so I picked it up and accidentally pricked my finger.

AliceShiki and Kaylee like this.
  3. Shizukani

Shizukani Chronically stressed

Reading List:
    Link
    It actually happens to me, like a small fragment that broke off from the big fragments can prick you when you're picking it up~ But unlike the movies and anime, I don't have someone to tell me to be careful. :blob_teary:

Kaylee likes this.
  4. Aachiin0914

Aachiin0914 ☼Sunnyshies☼

Reading List:
    Link
    It happens sometimes...I think. but not to the point where you just put your finger in it and, lo and behold, your finger is bleeding! Hahaha...
    It happened to me too. a glass broke in the table, I sweep it, but unlike those cliche' broken glass scene, me-- I thought I cleaned up all the fragments. But when I put my hand in the table, of course there's also the pressure concentrated on my hand, when I my hand landed on the table with strength, and the goddess of luck blessing me with misfortune, my hand landed on a tiny glass fragment, making it embedded on my palm.

yeah yeah...me too...

they would just tell me to, "you break it so clean it up".

5. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Ai-chan hates glass. We should purge glass from this world. We should nuke glass from orbit. No wait, that makes more glass. Maybe we should nuke all manufacturers of new glass so that the supply of glass is limited and all glass manufacturers have to recycle it. We keep the current trend up, in 1000 years the Earth would be covered in sharp glass fragments.

HONIGMELONE likes this.
  6. idlereader

idlereader 『Agentt's Aunt』『Don't touch the Flowersss!!!!』

Reading List:
    Link
    When this happens, someone will directly sweep the floor then mop it. No one will be allowed to enter the room unless the floor is thoroughly cleaned.

Kaylee likes this.
  7. Baldingere

Baldingere Roseau pensant

Reading List:
    Link
    I once cut myself even tho I was careful because the part underneath was hella sharp. The kids with me panicked cuz I was bleeding a lot but I was totally fine, I just had to wash the blood stains on top of picking up shards lol. It was porcelain tho.

Kaylee likes this.
  8. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A kid, I'd understand. I mean, a kid is a kid. Sometimes they ask us not to touch kid me would still touch it secretly lol

I think most of us wont get told of that :( but hey, maybe we're adulting ourself.

The one I'm scared of is actually if we step on it and dont even know til it hurts like crazy. True story, one of my friend's friend was in pain with unknown disease but turned out it was a tiny piece of glass inside his foot. They didnt feel anything, got mocked maybe their foot skin was too thick LOL

Porcelain is sharp too.

Baldingere likes this.
  9. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    .....before that we'd have all continents covered in plastic.

After sweep and checking, sometimes we push it to fate . . .

10. Mr. Tired

Mr. Tired Professional Idiot

Reading List:
    Link
    There's someone out there who enjoys eating glass btw.

Ironically, I've never cut myself on glass, but I did cut myself on cardboard. I was just so super aggressively hungry for some reason, I don't even know why. Anyway, I tried opening the box of crackers and cut my thumb really bad on the top (lid??) of the box.

Kaylee likes this.
  11. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've seen stuff like that here too. It's like eating ice cube they took from fridge.......

12. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Well no. I've had people shout at me for breaking glass tho. Like, ok, that empty bottle is more precious than your daughter. Their first reaction tells you a lot about people lol. There was also that one time when I was a kid - I broke a glass bottle of fizzy water because I turned too fast and my hand hit the wall. Of course, the first reaction was shouting and insults. Then the person saw my blood gushing from the huge cut over my wrist lol.

Kaylee likes this.
  13. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    *shivers*

I have no idea how those two things like, but I'd be terrified at anyone who'd shout at you for trying to keep their child safe...

Edit: About a second after posting, I kinda realized that you might have been talking about you being shouted at by your parents... Which is still pretty absurd anyways, but now I can at least picture the scene.

14. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha, yeah, I realize I refer to them vaguely. No strangers have ever shouted at me for breaking stuff. In fact, they were more worried about me than my folks if it happened in public. I don't mean I broke stuff all the time. Just as much as a clumsy small child would do.

Kaylee and AliceShiki like this.
  15. prongsjiisan

prongsjiisan Apostle of Violence

Reading List:
    Link
    It happens with my first wife. Just not as dramatic as novel or movies describe them. Sometimes she can be an airhead. When it came to unexpected situation. For me I'll just use broom to clean the glass.

Kaylee likes this.
  16. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I get you. Sometimes things break.
    My stance is nothing to cry about. I dont like it when parents/family are being like that. It's not like we want to break things. Or how tf would we know it's gonna breaking when we do that lol
    For me, when it breaks, just clean it up, no need to shout.

AliceShiki and prongsjiisan like this.
  17. Dog food please

Dog food please Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It happened to this great cat, my shiny fur was dyed red that time *dramatic*