Discussion The Legendary Mechanic - A really genial work

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Kamuizin, Nov 28, 2021.

1. Kamuizin

Kamuizin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When i started to read this novel i didn’t expected much from it. A Level up system where a gamer transmigated to the game word and grow strong… bla bla bla… whatever, i just wanted to get some fun with the reading.

And… i get my fun, it’s an awesome novel from the level up game novel genre, a common start, with some copy paste of current famous stories like John Wick movie (Keanu Reeves), where it recycled the assassin system for a small part of the plot.

But… now i’m at the end of the novel (i think, ch 1.451 currently), and i have to say, the author made a really intelligent work in this novel.

The theories used to explain the integration between the normal world and the “game” world feel reasonable enough and i, as a normal adult person, can’t discard it as random rubbish, at least not from a common sense point of view.

I read novels from a long time, and i ended many of them already. A common pattern i see in most of the novels i read, is a rushed work in the end, where in much more simple scenarios (cos TLM world build is absurdly complex) authors throw any crap they think to end the novel.

I even like many of the aforementioned crap ending novels (not for their endings of course).

TLM didn’t ended yet and can still disappoint me, but until now the logic behind the story make the whole fiction seems reasonable from a common sense point of view and that got me blaffed for 2 reasons: how a level up novel can be so mature and how a level up novel can develop a theory that could justify it’s possible existence in real world (theorically).

Thus, i’m here to make something i never did before: give praise to an author, for this extremely good work.

TLM is no masterpiece from the literature point of view, it’s not a rich scenario description like J. R. R. Tolkien in Lord of the Rings, neither it has the detailed plot of Shogun book from James Clavell, or the absurd addictive feeling that Saxon Chronicles of Bernard Cornwell has, but for a novel, in special for a Xuanhuan novel, TLM is WAY ABOVE the expected quality of a novel of this genre.

This is just a prelude of my feelings for the history, when i end the novel i may copy paste this as a review.

kkgoh, 0000000, Zethiro and 1 other person like this.
  2. moneng85

moneng85 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, pretty much a satisfying progress to conclusion
    No big plot holes or unfinished plot(not that I know of)
    And MC don't have forced flaws, like finding this a game(thus he lost his humanity slowly or delude himself) or some personality disorder

An enjoyable series from start to end, a power scaling novel done right

The manhwa is a letdown though
    And a comment I like from the commenters of the manhwa
    "White Star"

0000000 likes this.
  3. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, then you should be thankful (not sarcastic at all) that no one bothered to translate the author's previous work before this. TLM is the guy's second work and boy it is more polished than Demon King (MTL from 恶魔王族). You can tell it is his work by how much effort of the class and bloodline systems the author has put into work. Then he puts in generic shitty nobles and faceslapping... christ.

moneng85 likes this.
  4. Renzy

Renzy 『⚓』『JackOfAllTrades』『7years』

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep I'd say that Legendary Mechanic is the best Interstellear novel as of now..

@Kamuizin @moneng85 @0000000
    You guys try also reading Chronicles of Primordial War.. it is also completed.. you wont be disappointed

Kamuizin likes this.
  5. moneng85

moneng85 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's completed bro
    With 844 chapters and 2 epilouges
    Just that I haven't got back to it after a break

It was also a pretty interesting read, the MC powers and everything didn't feel forced at all
    And MC didn't go technology is no 1, I know everything from wheels to nuclear science, nationalism da best and everything

Nice recommendation

6. Kamuizin

Kamuizin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Gonna check it later, my current (this) novel will be ending soon.

Renzy likes this.
  7. Phoenix7

Phoenix7 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder whether I should read this novel