Spoiler Once Again Into the Light, Alone

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by blackrose0429, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Kisame-Hoshigaki

Kisame-Hoshigaki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No one aside from Marianne was truly punished. The og older brother was punished in the sense that he was wracked with guilt and died protecting her. But the rest of the family I think was stripped of their titles and had to live in guilt. Only person free of “punishment” was her nephew, her brothers son. Who was too young to be considered guilty.

Dofu, Am_elf, Laerta and 6 others like this.
  2. chimmahwa

chimmahwa Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone spoil me about the relationship between the brother (yellow hair, was it Isis?) and with Aisha's mother, Iris? I'm interested on how Isis (?) became comfortable around her. Thank you!

3. i_am_here

i_am_here Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sorry based on the spoilers, the OG family is still garbage. "Marianne" isn't even the real villain here. The OG family is.
    It's not a valid excuse that they were "brainwashed". "Marianne"'s pact with the demon didn't cause this disdain and hatred the family felt towards Alisha to emerge from thin air. It was still there but for another person.

"Marianne"'s fault was that she misplaced her anger and resentment for being hated and abused by her family onto the wrong person - the only person who cared for and showed her kindness.

The "brainwashing" did not cause the OG family to become scumbags they were always that, it just changed who the target of their abuse would be.

"marianne" didn't even deserve the hate she got, the Emperor is the one who cheated with a "commoner" and caused the rift in a family. Yet he allows a child to become the scapegoat so he doesn't have to face his responsibilities. Same with "Marianne" mother.

What's worse the OG family, did not realise that what happened to the FL was simply cause and effect of their actions. Regardless, who they really "loved". They were still assholes.

Shizun, Dofu, Laerta and 8 others like this.
  4. SandaeWitch

SandaeWitch Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In my opinion, I think the father's the real villain (plus he's a trash) here if he use his brain not his 'thing' then non of these would have happen(ed?).... Marianne being mistreated... Marianne signing a contract with a demon (?).... And MC being bullied.,... Etc(?)

5. MIAspy07

MIAspy07 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Try reading this... I just link the earlier spoilers... This was before aisha was born

6. SamV

SamV Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oohh, anyways what happend to the grandfather?

7. MIAspy07

MIAspy07 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nothing was really explained... The grandfather regretted and apologized to Isis and he wasn't mentioned any further... He just made a special appearance during this backstory and if my memory serves me right he didn't really appear in the main story... But we sure could assume that he became a proper grandparent to Isis, and since he didn't appear during the poisoning incident it might be safe to assume that he died? ... I'm not really sure since the spoilers here are not really showing his existence, besides the main story revolves around aisha so her maternal family shows up pretty often, we don't even know what happened to the emperor's family ...

rock.doll likes this.
  8. Veille

Veille Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I kinda agree that the former family are trashes but it's different with Marianne's case. In short, she's a psycho. Aisha was the one who treated her like a real fam. She was the one who took care of her when she got into the palace ( As Marianne told her in the prison that when she came to the palace, it was aisha who took care of her) If she still has the good side of her, even if she's jealous. Marianne would feel guilt for what she has done to Aisha but... no she was happy. She was happy to see her suffered and killed. She made a deal with the demon because of her jealousy not because she was not loved by the family but because she was jealous and she wanted Aisha to suffer.
    That's why I think Marianne, is not actually a victim but the real villain of this story. Yeah the former family has their own faults to begin with especially the emperor but I think because of the brainwashing, they became more brutal than they actually were. I kinda pity her 'situation' but not her being a psycho. like bruh, Marianne made a deal with demon to stole Aisha's life.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2021
  9. Mikaela_67

Mikaela_67 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't see MC as a strong girl or smart girl... everyone tries to be stronger and take revenge when they is hurt or betrayed but... I think this story became famous only because of the manhwa artist, otherwise there is nothing interesting about MC and the other characters ... we all know a lot of bitches in manhwas/novels, but Marianne is weird, I mean her role is just a villainess and nothing more :|‌ she was just a little girl how did she think of a pact with the demon? overall it was good but I expected more of the novel.

Inasible and darkcrystal like this.
  10. ilovereadingstuff

ilovereadingstuff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    tried searching, it's not there :(

11. chastity098

chastity098 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  12. ilovereadingstuff

ilovereadingstuff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    omg same! i found it already O_O weird! google play books have auto translate feature, right?

thanks! after seaching the second time around, it's there! so weird. do they come with auto-translate?

13. chastity098

chastity098 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you mtl by highlighting and translate

it's in korean

14. ilovereadingstuff

ilovereadingstuff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks!
    ooooh i see, alright, thanks!!!

OWMYGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHD THEY REINCARNATEEEEEED

Inasible likes this.
  15. Kaina

Kaina Member

Reading List:
    Link
    y'all won't change my mind it's the father's fault for fcking a maid.

monotonousfox likes this.
  16. i_am_here

i_am_here Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Marianne wasn't born a monster she became one after the horrific abuse she suffered from the OG family. They are 100% to blame for how she turned out.

"because of the brainwashing, they became more brutal than they actually were"

False. the brainwashing did not alter who they were as people, or change their personalities. They were always vicious and cruel the only change the curse did was change their current target from Marianne to Alisha to who would be the target of their onslaught. Marianne would never had turned to making a pact with a demon had the OG family did not abuse and allow servants humilate on a daily basis.

Marianne is not a villain or a victim. She's a pitiful tragic character who let jealousy and bitterness hurt the one person who showed her kindness.

Epona C and Cooco like this.
  17. Veille

Veille Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A person will always have a choice to become whoever they want. There are a lot of people who was abused but they chose not to harm people WHO HELP them and really CARE for them like Aisha did to her. So for me, it is not 100%. Part of it chose to be like that. No one advice her to do shit and before she became Aisha, she was not a little girl. She knows what's right and wrong. There were no remorse or whatsoever when she saw Aisha's suffering and death. She even mocked and laughed the person who took care of her and treated her as a sister. She did not hesitate to made a deal with demon to make someone innocent suffer. She did not feel guilt until the end.
    It will, based on the spoiler the abuse she received from her family was an abused of neglection.The family just don't really fucking care about her. ( I hated the emperor the most ) She was a illegitimate daughter but WHY did they not kill her in the beginning? or even framed her? like what she did to Aisha?? The brainwashed thingy, is like controlling people's mind not controlling people's character. It means that Marianne is controlling her family's thoughts. BRAINWASHED. They don't have the power to do something in their own will. But why did she stay? if she has that magic to summon a demon. I would just leave the castle and If I would like to, I'll do revenge. She can massacre the whole fam if she wanted too. And she should just take revenge to the people who harmed her not to the people who actually cares for her.
    She made a pact with a demon because according to the spoiler she was jealous of Aisha and she was obsessed with Lacias.
    I disagree to this but I respect your opinions. I wouldn't really considered a person, pitiful who made a deal with a demon just to make someone suffer (For me, it's already a big deal) . And to think that the person she harmed was innocent and the one who treated her like a person.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
    Shyde, darkcrystal, Ice_Rose and 2 others like this.
  18. Chaku

Chaku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You mentioned Marianne was hated and abused, I'm curious how far they went and who was involved, if she was pushed by her mother or if there were others involved in getting her contracted to a demon?

I agree, I hate brainwashing almost as much as rewinding time, the reader is left dissatisfied, there is no resolution because Marianne got payback for the harm she suffered, the revenge we wished for is ultimately given to the villain, a character we hated.

She may have been put to death but the fallout from what they collectively did doesn't go away. They, the parents would know the blame they share for what was done, I can excuse the children although some accountability should be their's if they participated in the abuse. Had Marianne been treated better this tragedy might've been avoided, but who knows.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2021
  19. ZodiacTemplar

ZodiacTemplar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you’ve ever read another Korean manhwa or novel, then just think about the classic abuse the unwanted child gets from the family and workers and you’ll get an answer as to how they treated Marianne. You can actually see it in the manhwa. The treatment the MC gets before she gets executed is actually what Marianne experienced.

The emperor recognized her because she was his blood, and then went “Ok, that’s about everything I need to do. Parenting off.”

The empress hated her because she was living proof that her husband had been unfaithful with a random maid. So evil stepmother classic abuse.

The hatred the mother had for Marianne seeped into the other children, so bullying and getting the cold shoulder.

Since no one from the imperial family (except for the MC) treated her as one of them, then the maids did the classic thing maids do in this kind of stories. General bullying that’s enough to make her life a living hell but not enough for them to get… you know… beheaded…

It’s an issue because this is the same kind of emotional abuse we sometimes get as a backstory for why the MC goes into revenge mode after, like you mentioned, rewinding time for example. This makes the entire story super bitter because Marianne is in fact, a victim.

The one thing the author did so we could call her a true villain and hate her is that
    Marianne didn't went for some kind of revenge against those who hurt her but instead backstabbed the only person who treated her kindly, took everything from her and had her executed.
    This makes her character quite fucked up and really hits the essence of what makes someone good or bad. It's not about your backstory. It's about what you do with said backstory that decides your role.

About what happened with the demon, her bio mother is not in the picture but I don't remember exactly why. About how Marianne actually came in contact with the demon, I really don’t know.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
  20. Chaku

Chaku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reason I'm so curious is how a demon managed to get past a saint? The mc was originally a saint right? The brainwashing method, if demonic in origin, should be countered by a saints holy powers? Her being a saint would probably be surrounded by people of a holy order, If the brainwashing is a demonic skill how is a saint so easily affected? Being a beloved princess security for her would be in magnitudes higher, it really surprised me how that demon pulled it off.

Im also confused why a demon would allow a saint to live so long, how was he able to suppress her holy power? Was she to young? Hmm Aisha is a chibi and can see spirits, so I'm not sure how she couldn't resist or remove the brainwashing from others if it were demonic in origin...possibly the brainwashing happened through Marianne drugging them, but that begs the question how she was able to do that when she was hated... Curious..

Marinne had to have had help, a kid summoning a demon? There had to be others involved, from those who taught her how to summon, those that protected her while the brainwashing took effect, those that kept the mc suppressed, if a demon could take over so easily, why bother with these other things, just straight up brainwash the king and win win, why go through an abused kid. This makes me curious about his limitations or lack of...

Am_elf and darkcrystal like this.