Discussion Why are ML's always hated the most even when the MC shou is the annoying one

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by LeniSnow, Nov 29, 2021.

1. LeniSnow

LeniSnow New Pretty Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Most reviews I've read are more likely to hate or have negative opinion on ML from the MC's perspective when even not a lot of backstory was revealed yet. There are novels where the MC acts like a whiny brat who believes a sorry resolves everything and even hurts the ML's emotion with his indecisiveness yet the reviews would still lean negative on the ML just because of few scenes, let's say saying one mean thing to MC or ignoring one time, etc. Just for minor things. The MC can treat the ML like shit and comments are still unfavorable to ML. I just have read a lot of novels like that these days and venting. They get shit for being emotionless, shit for being possessive, shit for being jealous, shit for not talking much, shit for having no personality, shit for prioritizing themselves, shit for f everything. When if MCs just talks and communicate or even clarify his relation to other people could have been prevented, MC's who makes MLs think they're forced to be with them when they literally have a choice (not talking about yandere ML's with severe mental disorders) #MLsDeserveBetter

2. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's just easier to be sympathetic to the one whose perspective you're reading from.

3. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mam,

stop thinking too deep about 2nd tier novels. Next thing you know you'd have brain damage and start eating shit thinking its a luxurious cuisine....

sixnein and seemanta like this.
  4. Avil

Avil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's the usual MC's (as in protagonist) morality syndrome, most novel do it and it basically consists of seeing the world through the protagonist lenses as if to justify everything he/she does as right, it also causes even the slight harm done to be perceived as something unforgivable etc etc.

Yocchi and LeniSnow like this.
  5. prongsjiisan

prongsjiisan Apostle of Violence

Reading List:
    Link
    The answer is simple. "If I don't like it I don't read it"

Especially beta japanese MC i really hate them to the core

LeniSnow and seemanta like this.
  6. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    You are thinking people are reasonable when they aren't. They self insert themselves a lot, thus making them more likely to emphasize with the MC over other people.

I remember reading a story where MCs mother somewhat realizes the MC soul was replaced with a different person when they died. So they began taking their distance from the MC. Since MC didn't treat them badly, they didn't do any direct harm or anything to the MC, but just kept their distance. So MC felt hurt about that. And most comments you would see people hating on the mother for not treating a complete stranger as their child. Also calling the mother ungrateful for all the things MC did for the mother (which the mother never asked for in the first place)

There is no logic to it, people are just that blind.

Hweianime, AliceShiki, Yocchi and 2 others like this.
  7. sixnein

sixnein Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahahahaha

8. LeniSnow

LeniSnow New Pretty Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If I did I wouldn't be complaining right now don't you think so.

justmehere likes this.