Spoiler A Stepmother's Märchen

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by twistingfeelings, Jul 28, 2019.

1. illya_hanh

illya_hanh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m seriously obsessed with the empress as an character :cookie:

2. pittapatta

pittapatta Active Member

Reading List:
    Link

Elias WHAT is happening???? Like really what is going on? What on EARTH is this weak link behaviour? Chink in the chain behaviour?

I cant believe my first comment on any novels update forum is to address such wet sand antics. And he got her pRagNatE :mad:((

also thank you for the update <3

M30WWWW, likeymiks, Reeka98 and 2 others like this.
  3. Khadz

Khadz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have read some spoilers of the previous marquis abusing Shuli. I wanted to share my opinion of the situation and try to rationalise his deeds even if it doesn't justify them.

(1) They live in times when male are dominant and it is believed that harsh discipline is the best education towards children. This explains why we often see parents(in this case the Duke or former marquis) being violent towards children (aka Nora and Shuli here)

(2) Both Nora and Jeremy only met "perfect" mum/noona who could do everything without tarnishing her reputation. But the one the former marquis educated was the 1st timeline Shuli. Someone who ruined herself to the point of getting assassinated. So one who was misunderstood big time by everyone around her including her own kids. This kind of behavior is not at all lady like. If there is a better way of controlling the marquis family, (like how Shuli did in 2nd timeline) then Jeremy's dad surely knew it and tried to teach her than but lacking of time made him become quite violent at her constant behavior. I fear she did show the former marquis that her ways of solving problems were unconventional (a bit like a slut) which enraged him.

But Nora and Jeremy don't remember 1st timeline Shuli only the "perfect" Shuli which makes them angry and disappointed in former marquis' action.

(3) Former Marquis was heavily lacking in time and needed someone innocent like MC to take care of his kids as adults aren't trustworthy. But due to lack of time and the sheer amount of work to do, he might have been a bit impatient and severe with Shuli.

(4) The children's mother may have been the only light in the former marquis's life just like how Nora's mum was that light in the duke's life. Loosing her may have let the marquis turn towards darkness and as someone who is going to die soon, except for his kids, he lost the ability to hold feelings for anything else. He only has small feelings for MC because of her appearance which brings memories back but he is aware Shuli isn't like the empress or his 1st wife. I think that having lost hope and being desperate to protect the last glimpse of light in his life, the marquis may have become abusive to Shuli.

Honestly, I am a bit pessimistic towards the former marquis being abusive because MC does respect him greatly. Mc is also a bit of a "Mary sue" but I can't compliment her ways of raising her kids. She does a good job but there's a lack of discipline.
    This lack of discipline doesn't show on Jeremy or the twins(at later stages) because of them being raised by their father which put the foundation in their character. For Jeremy and the twins who excel at something, Shuli didn't have to do much for them to find the path they wish to take. The lack of discipline is shown especially on Elias who could not find what he ws good at in his life and was still clinging to Shuli when she started dating Nora. I think this is where we see how the lack of the former marquis' presence (who brought discipline into his house) affect the family negatively. In all honesty if not for 1st life, Shuli totally failed as a parent. In second timelike we also see Jeremy beating kids at his dad ceremony. This would definitely not have happened if roles were reversed and the ceremony was done for his biological mum instead and his dad was still alive.

I personally think that the marquis expected Shuli and his kids relationship to be as good as it was in second life but felt disappointed with Shuli when teaching her because her acts would only push her further away from the children. We have seen afterall in her 2nd life that her perception of the kids was wrong and they were somehow mature enough to support her (Jeremy and the twins.) although they caused trouble sometimes.

That aside I would love to read about the prince and Rachel's story especially the political intrigues she will have to deal with as a queen. I loved her character.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
  4. kitkatdeee

kitkatdeee Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hi! Just wanna ask if FL was ohysically intimate with dead husband? I read a comment on one of the websites where the story was posted and it said dead husband took in FL bcs she looks like his dead wife and he groomed FL so he could take care of the children? on the other hand I read a comment where FL thought of dead husband as a father figure? Can someone debunk on why the Marquess took in FL? Too scared to read through the story if grooming is involve bcs to think FL was basically still a child when she got married. Please ease my mind on this topic, thanks!

5. GoldenTales

GoldenTales Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No physical intimacy whatsoever (besides him beating her like you would a disobedient child). From what I understand he took her in because she looked like the emperor’s dead wife (who marquis was in love with) to get back at the emperor in a way. He raised her to take over the responsibilities of the house in a very strict manner like a strict father, he never treated Shuli like an actual wife. Someone else mentioned that he chose a child because the marquis thought that only children could be trusted, but I was only aware of the first reason I stated. Someone correct me if I’m wrong!

6. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    MC looked like Marquess’s first love - the first Empress, but after she has married the Emperor he had to move on, has married the mother of the kids and was pretty much in love and happy with his wife.

He took in MC only to teach her how to take over the family, nothing romantic or s*xual was involved. He didn’t see her as a woman, which is logical because she was around 14 years old at that time.
    I don’t know why he chose MC’s family for this marriage in the first place, if he knew that maybe she was very smart or easy to be “bought” from her family, but I think one of the spoilers has mentioned that he has made a final decision when he knew that she looked like the first Empress. Because it would mean that the Emperor and the Duke (Nora’s father) will be nice to her because of her resemblance to their first love and that if anything bad happens they will give her and the kids their support.

7. kitkatdeee

kitkatdeee Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thank u for this ❤️

thank u!!!

its0k likes this.
  8. Yume-sama

Yume-sama Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh my, pool Shulli

Reeka98 likes this.
  9. Rin.rinaaa

Rin.rinaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's been a while that I've read the manhwa but was it depicted there on how Jeremy knew that Shuli was disciplined by his father? Are we at that part of the story or not yet?

10. poyui

poyui Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How far along is the manhwa? Caught in the middle of wanting to read spoilers and waiting for the manhwa to finish but don't know how long that will be...

11. Thamalasca

Thamalasca Editing MTL's for "I'll Save this Damn Family"

Reading List:
    Link
    The manwha is far for being finished. We are into the second novel, I'm not 100% sure so take this with a grain of salt, and there still a lot of story to cover.

12. poyui

poyui Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And i assume the only way to read the novel is through mtl, huh?

13. Maka0613

Maka0613 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1.can someone tell me when elias say that he and ohara are married or dating ?
    2. is ohara a good person in the 2tl?
    3. is there any moment of ohara and elisa?

14. hots for lucas

hots for lucas Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    HI I HOPE SOMEONE ENLIGHTENS ME so i see that there are hate comments on elias. are we mad at him for the first timeline or both??? IS HE GONNA ACT SHIT TOO ON THE SECOND TIMELINE? IS HE GONNA ACCUSE JEREMY AND SHURI ON INCEST AGAIN IN THE SECOND TIMELINE???

Sheri_Yui_Chan likes this.
  15. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven’t read the novel, so I can’t say for sure, but one of the reasons in this timeline will be his gambling addiction (like spending Shuli’s money as he wished, and iirc the money partly went to Shuli’s a$$hole brother which is even worse), and the second that he’ll end up together with that girl who was supposed to marry Jeremy, which doesn’t look good at all, because he probably knew that there where talks about the girl’s and Jeremy’s engagement. But again I don’t know the details and from most of the spoilers here it looked like he was just a bit dumb and behaved like an ungrateful entitled brat, especially compared to his siblings.

16. Archaon

Archaon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He was lying that he is seeing someone (Shuli notice that girl who isn't Ohara, already engaged). He lie to go to the gambling ring and try to hide it from Shuli since he gambled away her gift for him. In the 2nd timeline, it wasn't him that accused Jeremy and Shuli for incest, it is the church and Shuli's mom. In the 2nd timeline he is closer to Shuli so he doesn't believe in the rumor. As for his relationship with Ohara, it happened later, really it is a slow build up as they grow closer from friends to lovers. After her family got executed for treason, Elias protected her and then got her pregnant so they have to scramble to get marry.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2021
  17. Khadz

Khadz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just asking...

Previous spoilers said the trash prince came back once after being exiled and Jeremy noted he didn't change his bad behaviors at all. Honestly, it makes me angry to know that his punishment was pretty much useless especially since he only lost his title and is still probably living a very fortunate life in exile.

Does he get anything else happen to him?
    How is his life in exile?

18. Berry.Blast.20

Berry.Blast.20 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have posted nearly four times asking for any spice describing this shit head's fall from grace and his trial and all...That part is missing and much needed in the spoilers... I think its hard to find since this novel isn't translated anywhere and all...Hopefully someone will give us the goods..

xxxrencyan, Creolenerd and Khadz like this.
  19. Khadz

Khadz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was looking forward to reading this novel even in mtl. Is it really not available online for free?

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
  20. Berry.Blast.20

Berry.Blast.20 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So far as I know nothing solid is available for this novel apart from Korean raws

Khadz likes this.