Non-Fic Reality of Romance

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Reverand Insanity, Nov 29, 2021.

1. Reverand Insanity

Reverand Insanity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

So what do you think of Romance novels

2. Lovise

Lovise Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ewwww tedx. Novels are just solely for entertainment. The good ones are based/grounded in reality. Usually an author's desires/passion that is based on the author's exp and knowledge. Never delude/mix up a novel with reality. Basic logic: What happen in reality could happen in novel; doesn't mean what happen in a novel could happen in reality.

That said, nothing wrong with romance. Just a bit hard to pull off a good romance "central" novel. Lots of good novels/books have romance underline or a very subtheme (There is romance but very little romance) like one of my favorite book crime and punishment by frodo. And the reason why "romance novel are trash", is because many people falls into the trap and fails at it. It is hard to pull off a good romance novel. It's like finding gold. I'm a very flexible guy, All I care about is the writing. So here, one of my favorite romance novel is peach blossom debt.

On feminism, Originally I think of them as existentialist such as Heidegger, Simone de Beauvoir, and the likes. Nowaday I think of feminists as spoiled brats who dyed their hairs going reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
  3. Reverand Insanity

Reading List:
    Link
    What you said may be true but that is largely problem in web novels ,
    For people who are professional physical book novelists , writing a good romance novel isn t too hard .
    Most web novelists aren t, necessarily professional who have studied literature .most would do it as a hobby .
    A novelist is a proper job so there will be a certain quality.

Tumtum and Vanidor like this.
  4. IrregularPerson

IrregularPerson Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Romance is heavily saturated, you'll find a few gems. For me I like it when there is more for the couple than just romance, "love for loves sake" is really painful when I just want my career-oriented FMC or any protagonist for that matter to do what they want to do, then it gets derailed cause of plot and relationship shenanigans. Not even good types too, sometimes they bring up baggage that comes along with the person. Those types are typically not very good, kind of just "catching them all". Playing idol games is a lot like the scheme that harem novels have, chuck as many as you possibly can and they'll find at least one they like.

Modern feminism, as a friend of a (not modern) feminist, is kind of like gender entitlement. Before it was a good thing that so many people (with different agendas) rallied together, cause it was important back them to right for womens rights, but these days, there is very limited application and at most in today's setting, is just the empowerment to speak up about vulnerable things that sometimes... their domestic situation would make it hard for them to do so.
    Ngl the application of non-con in a lot of romance novels is... not good? Like hold thing up at a double standard, it's bad to get laid with a girl who is drunk, but the same is for guys. Oh, "but they like it" HOW ABOUT NO.

5. Lovise

Lovise Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No no no, Even book novelist falls into them trap. My gf is an avid reader, I remember she read this one popular romance book from the library and claimed that it is trash. I'd to agreed with it after borrowing the book. Another piece of trash that women will hate me for saying is: twilight. Go ahead, hate on me. Now I have to give good ones... For the ones that I like is, ofc the popular, the fault in our stars and beautiful disaster, etc.

Silver Snake and Tumtum like this.
  6. Reverand Insanity

Reading List:
    Link
    I disagree with one statement ,I think Romacenovels which have a central romance plot they do the romance more justice than the ones in which romance is just a side story and not the main story.

The terrible romances are ones were there is not much attention given to how the story is written .
    also there are plenty of shitty stories in all genres , does because of a few bad eggs doesn t, mean all of the are bad .

IrregularPerson likes this.
  7. Silver Snake

Silver Snake Magician of NUF|Show-off|Awkward|Genius

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I'll second that "professional" and hobbyist novelists are equally terrible and people only assume regular novelists are better because they write in paragraphs while web novelists write in sentences.

The format is different; it looks different, but the end product is the same; mainly garbage.

8. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, people think TEDx is the same as TEDTalk, but they're not the same. Ai-chan wouldn't take much stock in what TEDx says because simply anyone can be in TEDx, including scammers because all you need to do is to find a TEDx event, pay to join and boom, people think you're legit even when you're practically a scam such as that jerk Dan Lok.

asriu and Lovise like this.
  9. Reverand Insanity

Reading List:
    Link
    What do you mean scammers ?
    Ted talks are meant to talk about an idea which anyone can have ....Its platform from where you spread your idea
    You don t, have to have professioal qualification to have an idea ....
    You can either like the idea or not like that upto you...what best works for you..
    Its not like selling a product ....which can be faultly or not good ...and people rip money of from you ..
    people share ideas and not sell them .like how they do with self help books ...
    If you are a scam for having an idea but not professioanl qualification..Arent, you a scammer yourself then ...You probably don t, have qualification for ted x or ted talk neither do you work for ted x.....

10. Ai chan

Reading List:
    Link
    You seem to think that TEDx is TEDtalk, but that couldn't be further than the truth. They are not the same thing, at all. You can say that TEDx is the cousin of TEDtalk who uses TEDtalk's name to get hot girls.

TEDtalk is overseen by the TED Foundation. So they vet whoever's on their program. That's why you won't see scammers on TEDtalk since that would throw mud on their face. That's why it is a reliable way of listening to unpopular opinions or great ideas by people who can be trusted to have done their homework. You can't throw money at them as they are very serious about their reputation.

TEDx is a local community program that follows TEDtalk's format, but is not managed or overseen by TED Foundation. Anyone can make a TEDx program. And anyone can join if they pay the program organizer money. That's why scammers can pay the organizer of a TEDx program to speak at a TEDx event. Some TEDx organizers do not care about the trustworthiness of their speakers, only the money the event brings. Ai-chan is more than qualified to speak at TEDx, all it needs is for Ai-chan to pay 10k to any event nearby. If Ai-chan pays 50k, they'll even overlook any trust issues with Ai-chan's reputation.

In simple terms, they're completely different. TEDx has nothing to do with TEDtalk. TEDx is just using the TED name, but has nothing to do (or at least nothing direct) with the TED Foundation, that runs TEDtalk.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
  11. IrregularPerson

IrregularPerson Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    See, I find romance series where they have a long serialization to fall flat, they just can't be written the same way as a adventure or fantasy series. I actually do prefer romance subplot because there is more going for the characters than romance (so I'm agreeing with your statement about "how the story is written", and if the world building is done right, then perhaps they would have the consideration to build off a romance to add to their experiences.
    "Love for loves sake" is what I use when I'm describing where the plot and personalities of the characters are just that shallow. Same with any stories involving kids; need something to happen? Have a "young child" or a "damsel" cry about it and surely let the protagonist work their magic. To be honest I don't even think of Harem novels as romance at all, so I can see where you get the misinterpretation of romance subplot. After all I sometimes read the mass-produced copies of "Something-Number Miss", "Fierce Wife" "CEO Husband", etc. and those only amount to the trashy and somewhat uncomfortable (their main genre being,) romance.
    I read a lot of romance, given IT'S EVERYWHERE, and there are quite a bit of stories where they come out of different circumstances. Power to them.

Reverand Insanity likes this.
  12. Reverand Insanity

Reading List:
    Link
    let s, take the example of what Ai Chan said ...
    Ted Talks have vetted individuals who have a reputation to uphold ...
    Tedx is somewhere where anyone can speak .....And have no reputation to uphold ....
    So anyone can come and talk even garabage ,,but will mot face any backlash....
    However in Ted talk if you were to speak garbage you would be doomed ....
    So if a professional writer were to write crappy stuff he or she could say goodbye to their career ...which they depend upon to pay their bills...
    But a person who writes web novels as a hobby does not need to take the quality of his or her content into consideration because they don t, depend on it fir their livelihood anyway...

So there is in fact a huge diffference
    between writing in sentences and writing in paragraphs ....

What you said make sense now. ....However would n t, it make more sense to check the credentials of the event organiser rather than the people who present the idea then....I mean like you said if you were to open up a ted event ....The quality of the vent would totally depend on you the organizer ....

13. Lovise

Lovise Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Agreed. Hence why I said tedx :cookie:.

LOL I remember someone said if Ted is the scientist then Tedx is the rock and roll cousin of Ted. And LOL you heard of Dan Lok too? You gotta give him credits, He mastered the art of saying nothing and people still toss $$$$ at him. If I remember correctly, he stole one of his speech from someone else. He failed many of his businesses... And the most successful one of his, is his scam one :blob_grin:. Btw have you ever personally go to a pyramid scheme event? :blobpeek:

Ai chan likes this.
  14. Eishun

Eishun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Back in the day, women were severely discriminated against. They didn't have the right to vote or own land or whatever. And they were also severely underrepresented in the workplace. So they had to fight for those rights.

But nowadays, women can vote and drive and own properties already so there isn't much to fight for anymore.

To continue to stay relevant, the new generation of feminists have to look for causes and convince people to support those causes. One of these new causes is the fight against mansplaining.

Each and every day, they courageously fight against manipulative mansplainers like myself.

For example, I used to work at a carpark that had just gotten repainted. Basically, for fengshui reasons, the owners repainted all the downward arrows as upward ones and vice versa.

So I had to carefully explain to the drivers that up is now down and vice versa.

One woman driver took offence and told me not to "mansplain" how to drive to her and just drove away into the depths of the carpark. Right into an incoming vehicle. I got the f**king blame for that accident and lost my job.

Mansplaining, huh. There's already a word for that. It's called being patronizing. But just by tagging "man" to "explaining," the neo-feminists make it out to be a problem exclusive to women. Like men don't get talked down to by superiors at the workplace.

15. Reverand Insanity

Reading List:
    Link
    I think what your talking about is gender discrimination all over again.....
    Accept in the opposite direction...
    Anyway the aim of feminims or any gender driven movement should be gender equality...
    Also how relevant feminism is largely depends on your culture ...
    For americans maybe feminims is not so relevant because it has achieveied its goals ..
    but say in certain section of chinese society..Indian society or even arab society the same can t, be said ..
    For exnaple all the rights you talk about that women have achieved in america are not there is Saudi arabia...
    I know several people who are females who had to go Saudi arbia for work ...They can t, even get out of the House without a male partner ....If they do they can arrested or flagged....Even in schools the Boys and Girls study in seperate classes in the small school .. ..
    It all depeneds on how progressive a country is towards its gender rights that determines whether feminism or any gender driven movement is relevant..

So what your saying is no one has right to share their idea I see....

16. Lovise

Lovise Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Woah woah man, take a step back. You are being an extremist. We are saying A, not Z. We said that their talk is shet. We said that their talk is a scam. We have never once said or implied that anyone should be censored even if their idea is shet. Everyone has the right to freedom of speech; which mean we also have the right to call out shet for what it really is: Shet. How did you get censoring from what we said?

Ai chan likes this.
  17. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    romance imo is the easiest to enter but hardest to master~
    why easiest? cuz imo it the most grounded idea to people cuz well bunch of it irl be it bad or good its everywhere if you care to look around~ also you can incorporate EVERYTHING on romance~ from silly stuff such as pet mofu mofu to ero aka hentai, from innocent first love on teen to heavyweight relationship among adult, from happy go lucky to tragedy, from peaceful heaven to hell of battlefield, from daily live to forbidden idea of whatever~
    the hardest part is the execution.... duh~
    so the first talker is silly as for the second talker meh too lazy to click~

the romance irl can be very complex touching social problems ya know? it all up to how writer wanna do it~
    Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou. go try read it, it is romance~

19665.png

18. Ai chan

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, Dan Lok is famous for his scams. Ai-chan is surprised that there are still people who have never heard his name. Yes, Ai-chan personally went to 2 pyramid scheme events. The first one when Ai-chan was in college, young, and stupid. Very stupid. Ai-chan didn't know what a pyramid scheme was and thought the whole system was awesome. The only thing saving Ai-chan was that Ai-chan was dirt broke. When they insisted Ai-chan sell Ai-chan's books, laptop and bike to be able to afford their basic entry fee of 500 bucks, Ai-chan was like, "Dude, what the fuck? I need those to study." They told Ai-chan that when Ai-chan start making monthly income from that, Ai-chan could just buy better more expensive ones. So Ai-chan asked those people who showed Ai-chan their monthly thousands dollars cheques to sponsor Ai-chan those 500 bucks if they make so much money every month. They told Ai-chan some bullshit about sponsoring other people already. That was when Ai-chan knew something was wrong and walked away although they kept calling Ai-chan, but at that time Ai-chan still didn't know about the scam yet.

The second time was when Ai-chan was studying to get teaching qualification. Two of Ai-chan's friends from the theater club invited Ai-chan to yumcha, so Ai-chan went there because Ai-chan had nothing better to do that time. When Ai-chan was there, they asked Ai-chan to wait there at the table as they went to talk with a bunch of other people. Ai-chan thought nothing of it. Then some guy came with a big car and everyone at that table went out to shake his hand, even to the point of kissing his hand. Ai-chan was like, "OMG, this is like a religion!" Then those friends sat at Ai-chan's table and that dude sat there too. Ai-chan was like, "What the fuck?" He started explaining the whole scheme and told Ai-chan to have a look at his very posh car and showed pictures of him posing in front of a mansion, which he claimed was his, a beach, which he claimed was his and a private jet, which he claimed was his. Then he said this scheme would definitely make money and asked Ai-chan's two friends to show their own cheques. Ai-chan's friends said they've been in the scheme for 3 and 5 months and already recouping the money they spent to join 'the business'.

At this point, Ai-chan knew exactly what this was. So Ai-chan said straight to that new guy, "You're a muslim, aren't you? Don't you know that stealing from an orphan will sent you straight into the forge of Jahannam?" Ai-chan actually wasn't an orphan, but Ai-chan wanted to drive the point of how horrible what he did was. Surely at some point he had scammed an orphan anyway. And to the two 'friends', Ai-chan said, "From this day on, we are no longer friends. I hope you repent and stop trying to scam people just because you two were already scammed." Then Ai-chan dropped 20 bucks at the cashier and told her that Ai-chan was paying for their drinks too, then drove away. Ai-chan heard that one of them stopped scamming people but the girl was still doing it. 800 bucks wasn't cheap, so Ai-chan understand why she'd continue trying to scam people.
    Well, Ai-chan didn't want to reply to the thread because it would derail it, but how did you get that Ai-chan was saying that? If you look at any of Ai-chan's posts for the past few months, you will see that Ai-chan has always been for free speech, even for unpopular opinions or opinions that are the opposite of Ai-chan's own opinions. Look them up.

You see, freedom of speech goes both ways. Just as a person has the right to say whatever they want, other people also has the right to say that's bullshit. If you preach to Ai-chan about something and states freedom of speech as justification for proselytizing to Ai-chan, Ai-chan also has the freedom of speech to say go to hell, except Ai-chan also has the right of privacy, in which if you continue to proselytize to Ai-chan, Ai-chan has the right to call the cops on you. See, just as you have your rights (you being the general you here), other people also have their rights.

19. Gandire Alea

Gandire Alea [Wicked Awesome Translator]

Reading List:
    Link
    What is love~

20. Reverand Insanity

Reading List:
    Link
    "Well, Ai-chan didn't want to reply to the thread because it would derail it, but how did you get that Ai-chan was saying that? If you look at any of Ai-chan's posts for the past few months, you will see that Ai-chan has always been for free speech, even for unpopular opinions or opinions that are the opposite of Ai-chan's own opinions. Look them up.

You see, freedom of speech goes both ways. Just as a person has the right to say whatever they want, other people also has the right to say that's bullshit. If you preach to Ai-chan about something and states freedom of speech as justification for proselytizing to Ai-chan, Ai-chan also has the freedom of speech to say go to hell, except Ai-chan also has the right of privacy, in which if you continue to proselytize to Ai-chan, Ai-chan has the right to call the cops on you. See, just as you have your rights (you being the general you here), other people also have their rights. "

Well weren t, you the one who derailied the thread in the first place by talking about a scam from and ted x being a scam and talking about a scammer ..
    When the topic is about romance ...
    About privacy ...well i haven t, really found any info about you ...neither do I want info...
    About proletyrisnig ..Well from my point of view you just seemed saying that just because one guy did something wrong all ted x speakers were wrong ...and this a debate so what re you talking proselytizing to , if you are saying that then aren t, you trying convert me from one belief to another well ,you are proselytizing about ted x being shit .....when I am talking about romance ....if you don t, want to have a discussion on the said topic ..why don t, you open a forum and just talk this Dan ..whatever person.....I do apologize if you felt Something inappropriate was spoken .... However just like you have freedom of speech ,,I simply stated what your comments seemed to be like from my perspective ...