Spoiler A Barbaric Proposal

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Guide1410, May 5, 2021.

1. rOeV

rOeV Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    More please

2. cheri

cheri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for all these spoilers :blobmelt:

3. Midsummer_dreamss

Midsummer_dreamss Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you soooo much for your spoiler. There both so cute :blobmelt:i really hope they make this into a webtoon
    The two of them is like, healing to my soul lol.

Vaviana likes this.
  4. rngreader

rngreader Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay after reading the lastest update and all the spoilers I have a few of questions.

First, how is the MC not in an existential crisis? Her whole life she's was trying to serve her people as a princess then realizes she was just a puppet for the nobles all along. Her dad was probably an accomplice and a lot of people died in the process like they never let it sink in.

I also find it weird that the number of people died is just a plot device to show how strong the ML is like HE IS SUPPOSE TO BE THEIR RULER his total disregard to his people is baffling. I know it's because the soldiers are under the corrupt families but dude its a job they aren't the guilty ones. If Rienne is the only reason he isn't mindlessly killing them, let Rienne lead please.

I do like the story and the fluff but when I read the story I try to feel what the MC is feeling. I'm stressed at how much the story lets go of any development for her. Falling in love is fun and all but what is she as a person other than that. Maybe I'll see when the chapters get translated. I'm just wondering if other people feel the same.

Elren and your crush like this.
  5. lylac

lylac Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for all the spoilers :blobhug:

6. i_am_here

i_am_here Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope they make this a manhwa.

Vaviana likes this.
  7. Skite

Skite Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Rafit knows the pregnancy is a lie. He's never slept with her. He initially teeters between thinking she got pregnant by someone else for a brief moment, to swiftly deciding she isn't and it was an elaborate declaration of love for him. Like, she wished she was having his babies and was desperate not to marry some other guy, and in her grief announced her love and made up this lie as half wish/ half attempt at loyalty.
    Rafit is a bit deluded. Despite being the de facto heir and head of household, he is young, pampered, and idealistic, and was not involved in the seedy underbelly of his scumbag family. He is shocked when his uncle proposes assassinating the High Priest. Rafit is aware his family causes Rienne endless torment, and is ok with that since it means she'll stick with him as a result, but did not know they were organized crime levels of corrupt. He comes across as extremely frat boy to me. Very self absorbed, very grabby, very oblivious.

Eelillya and RakaSarkar like this.
  8. Skite

Skite Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She already knows she's a puppet for the nobles. She has been basically since her coronation. She is painfully aware she has no power and no resources, and has to kiss their asses. Her personality is also not very suited to being the princess. She is a soft marshmallow cinnamon roll who has forced herself to do difficult things and endure for the sake of others, despite it being against her nature. Rienne is far more suited to being a consort, the soft touch to balance the heavy hand.

So I don't think she has an 'existential crisis' about not being a princess of the blood any more, because 1) she still has most of that job role and didn't lose it, 2) she has always been the noble's butt puppet, and 3) it's almost a relief there is a 'true' ruler who can step in to help her with the bits of ruling which make her queasy.

I think she is ok with her dad because, after he was crowned, he had to stop thinking like the nobles, and start thinking like a king. He was a good king who tried his best, even going against the interests of his former allies for the good of the people. As a result, he was betrayed by the remaining 6 families and forced to sign that treaty which stripped most of his powers. He still tried to be a good king, though, and was a kind and decent person by all accounts, so Rienne is ok with her dad, despite the earlier treason to overthrow King Gainers. She isn't 100% on board with his actions, which shows through how she decides it is her duty to atone for his actions. She says they are all her sins to bear and make right.

As for Black killing people: Black has significantly more leadership and grittier world experiences than Rienne, plus a completely different ruling style. I think we can agree that Rienne is on the extreme side of pacifist, willing to do anything, even harm herself, in order to avoid even a single other person from getting hurt. This simply is not feasible in a leadership situation, and it's one of the reasons why Rienne is such a weak ruler. The other reason is that she is essentially trained and conditioned to view the 6 families as all powerful, and in charge of her. They are the boogey men in her head, who have controlled her her whole reign and her father before that, upon whose grace her continued existence depends on. The idea that she has the power to get rid of them is unfathomable to her; they must be so strong that a massive civil war would break out and destroy the country.

Black has not been conditioned from childhood to obey these families, and he has the resources to support his own power, which Rienne never did. He does not need them, and they are actually in his way. Black acknowledges that some sacrifices and collateral damage are required for the overall benefit of the collective country. It's better if everyone in the noble families' castles die quickly, before they can raise armies. Killing them allows thousands more to live, since it prevents a drawn out war, removes corrupt, embezzling nobles from power, allowing funds to go to the starving citizens, and acts as an example and warning to others.

terpseachore likes this.
  9. Nicaa Chan

Nicaa Chan Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm any spoiler about their child?

10. terpseachore

terpseachore Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Massive thanks for the spoilers! ❤

11. lara5642

lara5642 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any new spoilers after ch 90?

Emma626 likes this.
  12. krystella_anamia

krystella_anamia Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i cant wait to finish this read(TT)

Vaviana likes this.
  13. rOeV

rOeV Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    unir las partes...

https://
    metro.
    novela.
    naver.
    com
    /webnovela
    /list?novelaId
    =963511&página
    =2

14. Chizuai

Chizuai TheCritiqueQueen ♛ಠ⁠︵⁠ಠ

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoilers guys!!:justabotheart:

15. arienlyne

arienlyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thank you for the spoilers:blobmelt::blobmelt::blobmelt::blobmelt:

16. Roroqui

Roroqui Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi I think discord’s usually have a faq or discussion channel where you can ask this stuff and not expose the translator here where publishers lurk or normal users go on witch hunts that ruin it for everyone.
    Not trying to be mean it’s just it happened with a novel I loved and you can’t even buy chapters without a Korean phone number and there’s no official translation either so yeah maybe pls delete your post <3

17. hhh_017

hhh_017 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh oka. I didn’t mean to expose the translator. I wasn’t sure how to do it on discord since I couldn’t even comment in any channel and didn’t want to bother her. :blobjoy:

18. Roroqui

Roroqui Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any channel? That’s weird unless there’s a phone verification feature. But if you can see channels it means you have access so maybe the welcome channel is where you need to react to something first...

19. Elisee

Elisee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler about theirs childrens please :blob_plusone:

20. shikimiho

shikimiho Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    They have twins one girl and one boy. The novel already ended at chapter 145.

[​IMG]