Spoiler A Red Rose Devoted to You

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Xylia125, Jul 10, 2019.

1. magicspells

magicspells Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobwoah:whoa... reading the manga really brings me pain. regardless of the misunderstandings, but the way the husband and the cousin act doesn't really help. I understand that the cousin is visually impaired and the husband cares for her. acceptable. but, the way the misunderstanding just keeps coming and making things worse while there's no conviction from the husband is kinda ... bad. and the fact that the maids blatantly show disrespect towards the MC and rooting for the husband to be with the cousin is the worst. imagine living in a house where everyone just wish you disappeared so your husband can go marry his cousin. yeah, not a really good life. and the MC too is too blind and deep in her feelings of sorry, regret, and just basically feeling that she doesn't deserve the husband because apparently from what everyone told her, the husband should be with the cousin. and the way the husband explained his circumstances about why he married her is just adding more to MC's already misconceptions.

this manga is a mess. the art is beutiful, but the story is kinda a mess. no, not that the author writes a bad story or something. but, the story is just full of,

“go to diana!” (diana is the cousin, orpheus is the husband)
    “no, we're not involved like that!”
    “ha, you liars!”

then the next thing comes and it happened again. MC pushing her husband to his cousin, while his cousin explained she doesn't have feeling like that, and the husband kinda just there ‍:blobwoah:.

the misunderstandings can't be solved earlier if the husband or the cousin just tell MC that the cousin is in love with the butler, in my opinion. but, nope. the butler also keeping quiet.

I'd say the painter is the best person out of everyone. like, MC, come on just live with the little painter who willingy dotes on you. sigh.
    btw, please pardon any grammar mistakes because english isn't my native language. and I don't mean any ill intentions with my comment. I'm just expressing what I feel. I'm sorry if there's any mistake or if it's hurt anyone :blobhug:.

2. pansikoser

pansikoser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i returned here to see mooooore stuff LOL
    yeah, i'm one of the few with gripe about Painter Prince and him being the titular 2ML. honestly...he didn't need to have the "i love you" in a romantic way agenda. everything in the god forsaken story still worked fine even without that part near the ending. plus, it gives proper rest to the additional drama. YOU KNOW WHY. BECAUSE EVERYTHING ELSE IN THE STORY IS ANGSTY AND DRAMATIC. there should be a large source of wholesome-ness thats PLATONIC FOR ONCE. that isn't same gendered. and also A NEAR AND DEAR TO THE MCs HEART!!!! granted it sounds like i'm making him the "gay bestfriend" trope but ohgohd he's not flambouyant AT LEAST, and thats the worst trope of the "gay bestfriend." (sorry, it's over used by a large portion of the media's era i've grown up with, so it's really not a tasteful choice sometimes, BUT it works in certain story scenarios and circumstances, just not this one)

still...yeah, i think i categorize the characters here as "stunted due to emotional trauma." and, for the record, that shits real. its dumb if you read it, especially were given the 3rd seat. as the reader. but when you're in the situation, holy fuck it's anxiety inducing. you lose all strength and wish you're an OP character instead LOL that's why Mary Sue stories still rocks other peoples world.

sorry i went off tangent, i'm saying here is. this story is a "be glad this isn't happening to you" cautionary tale LOL a lot of people will eat it up because of that reality. still, Painter Prince is a standard 2ML, yo.

3. mubaraksul

mubaraksul Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Unpopular opinion, but I don’t like the painter friend.
    People might say that the ML knew about the act MC put up but didn’t do anything but that was because he thought the reason she did it was because she didn’t like him. However nobody brings up the fact that the painter knew ML loved MC from the beginning but never told MC apparently his best friend and the only woman he lived despite knowing how much it hurt her that she thought he didn’t. And although ML seems dumb in this story, I don’t believe there’s anyone that can deny that MC is also equally dumb, cousin is dumb, butler is understandable (there was social barrier between him and cousin). So for me Claude (painter) supporting MC and wanting ML to hurt doesn’t seem as anything besides biased judgement, especially after he confessed his love for a married woman going through troubled times at that. That just made me lose respect for that character.

4. Crantz

Crantz Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yessss, thank god someone mentioned this. Ive read up to chap 14 of the novel and decided to read the spoilers. After that i found it weird that the painter knows that the ML cares for MC, so why is he helping her ruin her reputation??!! Like, after that day that he was confronted surely he would think that MC's plan aint going no where good and is based on her misunderstandings. Surely as a "good friend" he would be like "MC, i think we gotta rethink bout ur plan cuz who knows, ur assumptions may be wrong. How bout u try talking with ur hubby 1st before all this??". MC might still not listen, but at least he should try not to amplify the bad rumors as much? Idk, i ddnt fully read the novel so i might be wrong and am just spouting trash.

As for the ML, like seriously whyyyy. I dont understand why he ddn't immediately try to convince MC after he heard her plan from the painter... And from the early chapters, why was he looking at MC so menacingly? This made the MC's "misuderstanding" further solidify in her mind! He couldve looked at her a bit different as not to send the wrong message, but he ddnt. Ugh. But i aint saying much cuz i think everything has been said by others. As for the cousin thing, they knew people viewed them as lovers. So why ddnt they tone down their actions a bit? Good for them for denying that theyre lovers, but actions speak louder than words. Thats the sole reason why the MC aint budging from her thoughts that ML and cousin are lovers.