Recommendations angsty or dogblood danmei where the mc and ml don’t end up together

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by earlydiaries, Dec 1, 2021.

Tags:
  1. earlydiaries

earlydiaries Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hi! i’m new here but i have already read my fair share of novels and sifted through filters while trying to find those with the tags i like more than enough times. i have grown tired of seeing mc’s being mistreated or given less than they deserve and still staying in the relationship. i want to see 1) an mc who actually leaves, whether it’s out of spite or because he woke up and realized he deserves better or 2) an mc who doesn’t get with the ml because he realizes he’s a jerk and just skedaddles away from the ml. i just wanna be mad and have the mc actually be mad also because of his situation and drop everything and go haha. scum bf/ml likes his white moonlight and pays more attention to him? [leaves]. scum bf/ml is cold to him the whole time and not affectionate? [leaves] etcetc. it can be any dynamic, as long as the mc leaves the ml or doesn’t end up with him because of how he’s treated. i want them to be on bad or semi-bad terms. the mc doesn’t forgive the ml and doesn’t get back with him. i don’t mind if the mc finds someone else or just moves on with his life alone as long as he’s not together with that scum. this is too specific so i can’t find this kind of novel myself through the series finder or lists. i’m really in the mood for this kind of angst. most angst novels are just excessively dramatic for no reason like a telenovela or the mc is brainless or hates himself so much he’d forgive the scum ml so, i’ve been craving a good novel that breaks this troupe.

please no: rape/rape victim becomes lover, incest (obviously this also goes for siblings not related by blood), master-disciple or teacher-student relationship, pedophilia, or grooming and i’m only looking for novels that are on this site (NU) or are directly at a translation site (e.g. isotranslations, foxaholic, chrysanthemum garden, etc)

to those who are enlightened, i hope you may offer me your recommendations. thank you so much!

2. RiboseSugar

RiboseSugar Mirror Mirror, I'm beautiful. Fact, not question.

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think there are any like that because in the end, they'll always end up with ML because he repented or sth. Unless there is a different ML.

3. msbwhy

msbwhy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. earlydiaries

Reading List:
    Link
    thank you for replying! i was thinking the same too but in this era where danmei is having more exposure globally, i’m on the assumption that that has probably motivated more or will probably motivate people to write different things. or, maybe i haven’t dug around well enough. i’m just looking to see if anyone else might have something in mind! you never know after all :blobpopcorn:

thanks for your reply! this didn’t tick the box of the main premise of the mc being mad and leaving, but it was a good read. if you wanna know my thoughts on it, i wrote a review! thank you for the recommendation!!

RiboseSugar likes this.
  5. msbwhy

msbwhy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lmao yeah I recommend that bcs they didn't end up together, ML is repenting for his mistake...
    I want to recommend Zhao Qin Mu Chu but they ended up together, BUT in the middle they're separating for quite some time...pretty heavy read I gotta say

earlydiaries likes this.
  6. Flashhhh.hhh.hh.h..

Flashhhh.hhh.hh.h.. Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I recommend, (I should have read the ending ) 18+ novel. It's similar to abandoned empress but she will not give ml another chance or will fall in love with him again instead she will choose a better no best person who will actually treasure her .
    Where the mc will not choose the trash ml(emperor)for whatsoever reasonable backstory he has for treating her like shit ,and having an affair with her BFF and sleeping with her and comparing her with that shit. Mc is transmitted here in a novel she will give ml the chance but he will choose to do the same thing as in book cheating her with her bff. and Mc will actually go through these shits and will kill herself for going back and doesn't want to be with him anymore and will go back to past and she will try to avoid him and will fall in love with the duke one of the best actual ml, he loves her and she is the only person in his life in all the (3 life). And that trashy ml will want her badly and try some shits and will regret everything once his memory comes back. But Mc is happily living with actual ml

Last edited: Mar 31, 2022
  7. earlydiaries

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks for replying, but i’m looking for danmei a.k.a boys’ love!

8. sixone7

sixone7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe you can try these? May not fit all your requirements though...

The Decade of Deep Love
    I recommend having a box of tissues unhand if you're gonna read this, cuz I cried my eyes out while reading.

Before My Withering
    This has quite a fair bit of dogblooded drama. I got kinda pissed off at the MC and ML somewhere in the middle and almost dropped it, but I managed to finish the book eventually. It was a fairly good novel, but I probably won't read it again cuz I prefer fluff.

9. earlydiaries

Reading List:
    Link
    i just can’t enjoy hardcore rape and straight up sexual abuse plus i heard ddl is a lot like Gaze at the Scenes of Debauchery but a little longer so i’ll pass on that. (not ur fault, i personally just disliked how gatsod ended and hearing that i’ll have to read something like that a.k.a. mc taking revenge but at the expense of his mental health is giving me a stroke :blobflag:)

in before my withering, the second ml or the real ml that mc ends up with turns out to be 9 years older and liked the mc when he was in high school so i’d rather not.

thanks for the recommendations but i really won’t read anything that has content that i straight up dislike or makes me uncomfortable. i can only read those that fit what i’m looking for, that’s why i specified my requirements in detail. it’s why i’m stuck at the forum, after all :blobpats:

sixone7 likes this.