Spoiler I'm Stanning the Prince [Manhwa]

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Shoshorang, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Marinessa

Marinessa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    After reading this chapter
    Damn, how is Rayburn so smooth??:blobokhand: Like this guy who has only fought wars and is kind of stoic, is casually possessive (in the way he holds her and treats her) and also knows her size. I am impressed, our Prince is growing up:aww:

2. sugarwhale

sugarwhale Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think, Rayburn know her girl’s size since he hug her sleep last night
    And also Angela hug Rayburn when they had secret missions to catch the fake author
    And they always have touchy action :bloblove:so sweet

I wonder who provide the clothes to them. They dress just like couples. They are in similar colours (Rayburn is in claret cloak and Angela is in lavender purple dress), similar decoration on clothes (those cross in ribbon and knot) and the little flowers stitch suit Angela a lot! So cute. They just dress like couple :aww:

I wonder how long will it be for the welcome bouquet? It takes ch66 for double date and choosing clothes. Now it is almost half of second season. if the talan arc start, would it be able to end within season 2. I think it is possible if just introduce the talan character and keep the story within vess. What if not? So that it will be…
    Season 1: character introduction, Rayangel reunite and solve misunderstanding

Season 2: Vess expedition, Rayburn hit his puberty and confess his feelings, Angela’s fake identity be recognised officially in public and pending second half ….

So following is just my assumption

Season 3 : talan arc, Idk what will happen but wonder will RayAngela separated again. I mean just like season 1 ending, they separated in 2 place, one in expedition and one stay in capital. Would they separated in season 2 ending? One in talan and another seek and follow (maybe extend expedition or kidnap) ( but I prefer Rayburn go to seek Angela since he said he will find Angela if she lost again in ch53:blobpopcorn_cool: and I want to see Angela wearing desert dancing dress:aww:)

Season 4, 5 or more: back to capital and keep development their relationship, may reveal Angela origin, answer those foreshadow in the story, etc and also side story

I hope to have many season for ISTP since it is very interesting and decry lovey relationship development. Its slow pace build a much better character image

3. Lemew

Lemew Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One of the main reasons I love this manwha is because of the pacing. It seems slow but when you re read it again, you notice the pacing is actually just right. There's time to introduce, showcase, and absorb new things in this universe, and actually keeping you on your toes on what's gonna happen next. Whether a specific subject will have depth or not. And so far it's pretty good. No wonder the rating on Kakao is perfect 10 out of 10. It keeps you satisfied.
    Welp. Time to poke my artist friend again for content. I wonder if they drew the Bourbon I commissioned.

hrraa16, Bnx, Rin.rinaaa and 7 others like this.
  4. blnk_spce

blnk_spce Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The fact that Rayburn held/watched her enough to know her measurements... :blobsmirk::blobsmirk::blobsmirk: I have a hunch he's known for a long time though. Like who exactly picked out the blue dress she wore for the first ball, and how come Rayburn knew the proper way to wear it and Angela didn't?:blobmelt:

5. Lemew

Lemew Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The perks of having a sister. You just know bro

6. sugarwhale

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh! You just remind me for the season 1 ball. Rayburn choose that blue dress for Angela, even while he has not completely make his guard down to Angela (they had not clear misunderstanding at that time) the blue dress is suit Angela a lot, light blue colour, butterfly elements and the ribbon decoration. I wonder Rayburn chose it because of the light blue colour is the same colour the girl wear in past? Or it is because it has a cape so she will not show much her skin? I hope it maybe explained in side story.

and I am sure Rayburn will get the updated measurements for his girl. He just keep touching her yesterday (the day they arrive Vess) by hug and even round her waist by his hands :blob_blush:

7. albedoeh

albedoeh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just noticed the way he covered jewerely cabinet when she was entering the room and how he unhide it when one of the workers came:aww:
    man is up to cute surprise:blobpopcorn:

8. Lemew

Lemew Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 64 is up uwu

9. Marinessa

Reading List:
    Link
    Agreed, also it creeps up on you. I read it once ( was on a manhwa binge) and was like okay here's another manhwa (cute and not at all what I expected from the summary) but then the whole 'Blan-Angela-Mano-Rayburn' scene (Blan's intro. I was literally on the floor from laughing too hard:blobjoy:). The scene kept playing in my mind like a loop and I had to read it again and then I discovered some Easter eggs and I had to read it again (madly Stanning Rayburn, Angela, Hoya and Mano at this point:blobnosebleed:) and ended up reading it many times and then I realised what a gem it was. :aww::aww:. Each reading brings a new perspective and I love it:blobpopcorn_cool::blobparty:

10. saibinu

saibinu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks a lot!

Lemew likes this.
  11. Queenofmirth

Queenofmirth More than a Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm new here, I just make my account.
    I have a lot to take out of my chest so it might take a little. Sorry.

I don't know why exactly the general hates Rayburn so much, but it probably began with the way the first Empress treated him.
    I liked her, but I wouldn't like her if she talked to me like that.
    The way the Empress talked to him in, chap 46, is the same he talks and thinks about others of lower status, undervaluing.
    He basically grew up to become his bully.

About Rayburn.
    To take Rayburn's crown prince positions and send him away from the castle could be, from another angle, just an act of mercy — a father protecting his child from more attacks that he knew the kid couldn't handle.
    He could have insisted, charged, and demanded more and more from Rayburn. But instead of it, the emperor let Rayburn go. Because while Rayburn was the heir he would have to pass for other situations like that — be surrounded by people, speak publicly...
    Someone was trying to frame Rayburn for murder and the boy couldn't even speak to give a public testimonial to save himself. He had a panic attack and everyone knows. There are people who still remember and use it to diminish him. (Chap 47)
    And he has PTSD. He got breathless even when his sister pressed him with questions. (Chap 15)
    To take Rayray out of the castle wasn't that bad. Not having a conversation about it was awful.

About Frederick and the General.
    After the death of Fred's mom, how could the Emperor take away Frederick's uncle? The general should be trustful to be Fred's ally when Fred had no one else. The Emperor trusted him to protect his youngest and that was not thoughtless. Of course, we know how it turned out, but life gives no spoilers and a lot of abusive relations are masked.

About second Empress.
    It's just me or did he love her? Love-love, like in 'you make my days sunny' kind of love.
    디아 (Dia), the way he called her seemed affectionate. (chap 47)
    Which means her death broke his heart.

About Hoya. And about her brothers too. And everyone else.
    I'm just guessing, but I think the Emperor and Rayburn have similar personalities and that is exactly the problem.
    He is quiet and his expression is mostly serious and unfathomable. People act like scary cats around him and assume the worst — that he is angry, that he is dissatisfied... Just like people do around Rayburn.
    Just as it was easy for people to misinterpret Rayburn, it was easy to misinterpret the Emperor. Including his children.
    More than any other relationship, I want to see his relationship with Hoya improve. She thinks he undervalues her, but I just want to see if that is true.

This season,
    we're seeing how parents value their children despite their positions as king and queen.
    How challenging it is to fulfill your role as a ruler and protect your children at the same time.
    We saw how those who serve the Emperor acted to stifle the joy of the commons without asking him and how he was upset by it.
    We saw how the Emperor did what he could to prevent war the Empire would likely win. And the importance he gives to dialogue.
    (The Emperor thinks like Angela! AHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! My girl is so wise!)

Which makes me think about Dalia. I already say I'm guessing he loved her. I also said I think he is just like Rayburn. And Fred already said the way Angela looks at him, makes him think about his mother... I don't want to create a parallel, but- (Who I'm lying to? I WANT A CREATE A PARALlEL!)
    Angela is to Rayburn what Dalia was to the Emperor. They brought love and a different perspective to their lives.
    We saw Dalia teaching her son that to be a prince, even if he wasn't the crown prince, had value. And that not everything can be possessed by someone. (Please play with the butterflies, Fred. PLEASE. D*mn, I'm crying.) (chap 46)
    When Angela shouts with prince Nox, all that she says can be also applied to Rayburn. He wasn't listening to the other part of the conversations, he was just considering his own circumstances without trying to maint the alliance. (AHAHAHA, Zoo Sun-nim is a master of humor!) (chap 59)
    Maybe that's too little to be sure of anything, but it's enough to make me suspicious.

I don't know if Angela is a princess or not, a noble lady or not, but if she is there is something I believe with all my might...
    If I know Zoosun-nim sense of humor, and I believe I know it, Angela family has a genetic trait:
    The Antena.
    It is how it will be proved!

I feel myself lighter, now.
    Thank you all.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2021
    Arye, Sitron17, Meomeo0411 and 8 others like this.
  12. Lemew

Lemew Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    THE ANTENNA SKKSKSKS I CAN TOTALLY IMAGINE THE COMEDY.
    (Somewhere out of Vess and Rudext. Angela and her fam meet. Reason? She got lost skkskksksks and Rayburn and Mano found her but not alone. They see her conversing amicably with a stranger about... flowers? Huh they look similar to Angela too and have the same Antenna infront of their bangs wait-)
    Angela: Chamomile and Lavender mixed together with tea-
    Stranger: along with cinnamon and cardamom-
    Angela & Stranger: and add a little sweetener, you got a little piece of heaven. (Gasp) Jinx!
    (Rayburn and Mano are watching from the sidelines.)
    Stranger: You remind me a lot of my child. *sigh*
    Angela: Oh dear. What happened? Ah- Um I didnt mean to pry-
    Stranger: No no. It's okay. I'm looking for them actually. I lost her a long time ago due to an incident.
    Angela: You lost your daughter? I lost my Eompa.
    Stranger: I'm very sorry. Well, good luck to you finding your Eompa.
    Angela: You too. I hope you find your daughter.
    (Stranger and Angela get ready to leave. Rayburn and Mano facepalming and ready to knock some sense into them. No need, those two air heads realized it.)
    Angela: Wait-
    Stranger: Hold-
    (They turn around. Tears welling up their eyes.)
    Angela: Eompa?
    Stranger: Jellypuff?
    (Angela runs to the stranger and gives them a big hug. The hug is returned with equal vigor)
    Angela: Eompa!
    Stranger: Jellypuff!
    (Angela is reunited with her family. Eompa showers her with kisses and pats)

Honestly, the way he behaves I think it is what you said. I hope he's aware that his behaviour and actions were not helpful to his kids and suffers in guilt and all. Cause no matter what your intentions were, no matter how much you love them, you still hurt them and there's no coming back from that. I hope he realizes that and apologises. The mainstream example of this type of parents I think of is Elsa's parents from Frozen. They had good intentions and love and all but they handled their kid's situation horrendously, hiding her, making it worse even with her powers and mental state. Not telling her only sister what actually is going on. That still counts as abuse/ fail at parenting. Let's see if the three imperial kids forgive their old man. (I doubt it tbh)

hrraa16, Arye, Meomeo0411 and 5 others like this.
  13. Marinessa

Reading List:
    Link
    I Completely agree with you about the emperor. Good intentions behind the facade of apathy helps no one, especially kids. He would have been the Crown Prince too at one point in his life so he should know how much his children are suffering. I am waiting for the confrontation between Rayburn and the emperor.

Creolenerd, Arye, Meomeo0411 and 4 others like this.
  14. MyPrinceOppa

MyPrinceOppa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree on the part that Rayburn is similar to the emperor,
    judging from everywhere physically only their hair color is different,
    And on the other hand I'm also a little surprised and confused and amazed,
    Rayburn and Hoya are twins, but I feel Hoya doesn't resemble the emperor at all i think she looks more like Michael Jackson (lol,, off topic):blobxd::blobsmilehappyeyes:

Rayburn and the emperor's personalities seemed to be the same. like their flat expression,, but I feel Rayburn is more gentle, for example => in treating people

This is just my feeling, when I see Rayburn's panel sitting in front of the throne facing his father, the problem seems a bit complicated even Hoya even intervenes to mediate the case it seems.. while I have never seen anyone sitting in front of ray unless the problem is immediate finished in the near future,
    (like when mano sat down because of his mistake brandishing a sword in front of rayburn, or even the case of terriod sitting down after getting his hand cut) well,, y'know like Rayburn would rather not prolong the problem..
    like 'this is not a big problem as long as you are responsible'

And on the other hand, the emperor and Rayburn both like soft women, lol..:blobowoevil:
    it's just that the difference is if Daria is gentle (it seems),
    well,, maybe Angela is a little Barbarian.. haha.. my girl..:blobpats::blobxd:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
  15. Queenofmirth

Queenofmirth More than a Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think it would be an exaggeration to say that in many novels when a character is not good at expressing themselves with words, like Rayray, those same character expresses themselves through actions... :blob_blush:

Last edited: Dec 7, 2021
  16. sugarwhale

Reading List:
    Link
    Just come to a through, in the forum somewhere, we have theory that the light blue clothes and the larger brown cloak that little Angela wore, maybe given by Rayburn (not official, Just theory)

Little Angela first met Rayburn in a white and brown dress, and few year later, Angela was it light blue dress with larger brown cloak that can cover her grown body. (She was as same as tall as little Rayburn at that time) Since little Angela was running slave, she can only get the new clothes by work/ given by others/ find unknown belongings/ steal/ etc.

maybe little Rayburn sent those to her? Also know her measurements by observation? (He does again in ch66) Since Rayburn is rich, he can order someone send those new clothes to them, or directly give little Angela as gift for some excuse. Just like how he pay to free Angela

It is hardly to believe a slave girl running away from slave trader can obtain new clothes in bright colour that such match with her. No such hits from the manhwa so that just further develop the theory for fun
    after reading ch66, thanks for Rayburn, it finally reminds readers that esplindo is the wealthiest and powerful family in ludext. He pay twice for whole business just for the jewel he liked. Look at his face, the jewel definitely make he think of Angela and suit her
    Just few sentences introduce one of my favourite manga and novel “Dahliya Wilts No More”, ML send earrings to FL as gift, and the earrings contain some elements represent ML’ eye colour and ML’s family. I love this setting and meanings.

Edit: I am looking forward to see what is jewel/accessories that chosen by Rayburn in coming chapter. I hope that will be some elements represent Rayburn too (black or gold, hair or eye colour) (maybe difficult to have esplindo house elements birds/eagle/etc but just imagine) (edit: or red colour? As the flag and Rayburn dress code) to show his possession and warn others (yes, Louise, the Vess second Prince, if he is clever enough)

just imagine how would Rayburn send it to Angela:

Before they enter the ball, just after all of three dress up
    Rayburn said “wait Angela, I have something to give you” and take out the gift and put it on Angela
    Angela said “oh.my Prince. Thank you so much. It is so beautiful” and looking at mirror with smiles
    Rayburn will think the light blue colour suit her much but he won’t say it, instead, he will said “let’s have the first dance at the ball, just in case anyone pay too much attention on scholar identity” but what he really think is it is better to stop Angela from other’s attention since she has been one of famous marriage candidates in Vess after introduced by Vess king

no matter it is necklace/earrings/bracelet, light blue colour, or little green that like the lake with some glitter effects much more like to Angela’s eye and suitable to her. Just hope princess garnet does not think too much such as Rayburn chose it for her (something related to blue as her hair colour). Garnet is clever but only interpret things and situations favourable to her. Hope see her improvement on this

Emperor and Rayburn seem to be the same but different. Emperor would like to solve problems by discussion for the alliance issue. But Rayburn not, he prefers to solve problems via forces and sword, it’s because of his experience of no one hear his explanation (both family and friends).

Edit: It is quite strange that, in Rayburn’s memory, when he was dethroned, emperor avoid the eye contact with him. But nowadays, emperor suggested to solve alliance problems by conversation. Is it because of second empress assassination? Or other reason?

I love character take action instead of just talking to show their love and care, but at least make some basic communication!

hrraa16, Meomeo0411, eirenne and 5 others like this.
  17. Lemew

Lemew Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Aight time for another fanfic. IM GONNA MAKE THIS FLUFFIER THAN FERDERICK'S HYUNG'S HAIR. Sugarwhale thenk you for the prompt
    (On the night of the welcoming banquet)
    The Vess palace is bustling with joy. Maids going in and out, the kitchen dishing out their best. Nobles and important figure heads starting to enter. Mano and Rayburn are ready. Angela's vision of matching outfits was carried out to full length, Rayburn made sure of that.
    "Your grace, I'll-"
    "I'll escort Angela. She's my scholar after all"
    Mano nods and does not finish his sentence. He disappears in the shadows.
    Rayburn takes out the necklace he's seen in the boutique; it's a turquoise stone with gold and blacks marvelling, branching inside it seems, matches with Angela extremely well, holds it in his left palm. He smiles again and then knocks on Angela's door. There's a crashing noise before Angela opens the door.
    "My prince!" She beams. She's barefoot and is almost finished dressing up. Angela drags the prince inside, she's full of energy all the time, even more now.
    She gives a twirl around in the dress and fangirls about Rayburn's and her outfit matching a lot. Red and black really suits her thought Rayburn. Espelindo colours really suits even though every fibre of her being seems conflicting to the energy they, the Espelindos, give off. He admires her fondly. Her neck is too bare though.
    "Angela"
    "Yes. Yes?"
    "Come closer"
    She blushes and does exactly that. "Turn around. And close your eyes. I have something for you"
    Angela heeds his words. Rayburn sets down the necklace on her collarbone, she's fidgeting a lot, Rayburn puffs out a breath onto her neck on purpose, she stops fidgeting. Rayburn takes his sweet time to fix the necklace into place, brushing her hair aside too long, letting his fingers linger here and there for too long. Angela's impatient and her brain is going haywire.
    "My prince. How long do I have to close my eyes?"
    Rayburn huff out again, and finishes joining the hook. "Done. Now you can open them"
    Angela's first sight on the mirror is how Rayburn still has his hands on her shoulders. Then she sees the necklace, it's- it is beautiful indeed. The light shines on it too well, too right. Angela touches it softly, delicately afraid to harm it. She's mesmerized quite a lot. Rayburn's hands migrates to hers, "So do you like it?" Angela looks at Rayburn seriously "I love it" Then a maid interrupts their time, "Scholar-nim, I found the loafers you were looki-" Angela jumps towards the maid. "AH. Thank you!" She sounds a little breathless and Rayburn is displeased. He fumes silently. The maid is confused and afraid. Mostly confused on why the first prince is here and why is Hero of Vess blushi- Ahhhh. She smiles knowingly. "Actually I think these are the wrong loafers. I'll bring another one" and she zooms out. Angela gawking and grasping where the maid used to be. She looks at Rayburn again and giggles awkwardly. "I still need to fix my hair, my prince. So just give me-" "I'll help" Angela chokes. "Pardon" "I said I'll help with you hair. Are you going to braid it or put it in a bun" Angela answered "Yes" So Rayburn guides Angela to the dressing table and starts doing her hair. He's immensely gentle, even when he finds really bad knots in Angela's hair. Braids half of it then the rest is rolled into a bun with braid following it. "There, done" "My prince, that was really fast. Where did you learn that" Rayburn mutters "Hoya" Angela laughs, and waits for her shoes "The miss is sure taking her time haha" she fidgets again and sneaks glances at her prince. Kyaa he looks so cool, and his bangs are slicked back. Rayburn openly stares at her and sighs. "Angela. You remember how to dance?" "Yes? Yes!" "Prove it" Rayburn beckons her to a position. Angela beams again "This is just like that time, back at your mansion. Hahah I kept stepping on your feet" "and stomped some more for good measure. Revenge, obviously, for giving you such a hard time back then." Angela's antenna fidgets and she denies the allegations, her smile betraying her, "My prince, I would never~" Rayburn laughs out his breath "Yes, you would never~" They start dancing, the maid is snooping on them and getting the best scoop yet. She cant wait to tell the other maids that the 1st prince is smitten with their Hero scholar.

Bnx, Meomeo0411, eirenne and 4 others like this.
  18. sugarwhale

Reading List:
    Link
    Lemew I love your fanfic so much always have many detail and almost create a scene. Raygela relationship is so adorable under your pen:aww:

I love that under your fanfic, Rayburn think red and black, colour of house epselindo also fit Angela. In fact, in the end of season 1, Angela say goodbye to her husband (future) in red dress with black ribbon on her blonde hair. :cookie:The colour is so great. And since that Angela become more frequently dressing in pink/ red/ scarlet :blob_blush:(thank you meomeo for tidying up ISTP clothing in social media:aww:)

it is so adorable that Angela wearing in red and black (although the front page of season 2, the dress in bright yellow is so suitable to her, oh wait, would the season 3 front page is Raygela wearing in red and hug more closer to each other? Ok quite out of topic) it seem Angela is one of member of house epselindo (yes one of first prince’s people:blob_blush:)

I hope zoosun nim provide more raygela moment in couple dressing. Mostly they are dressed for their duty or sth represent their personality
    Rayburn mostly in blue /black /white /grey
    Angela always in bright and warm colour, but mostly is light blue and yellow for scholar work
    I hope can have more couple dressing for raygela, just this Vess double dating:blobpopcorn_cool:

Oh yes I can’t wait for Rayburn put the gift on Angela and like lemew fanfic:aww:, help to fix Angela’s hair :blobparty:and dancing panel again in royal banquet :bloblove: ( that’s pro for a boy having sister, right?:blobwink:)

Meomeo0411, eirenne, Lemew and 2 others like this.
  19. Lemew

Lemew Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Announcement. Chapter 67 is delayed due to Author falling sick again. It has been delayed to 15th of December. There's a personal apology at the end of the announcement "I sincerely apologise for the sudden delay once again. Please continue to show lots of support and love to I Stan the prince"
    Bro I hope they author/artist is okay. Whenever I hear "deterioration of health" I get anxiety and just- Zoosun nim please take care of yourself:sweating_profusely:

20. Marinessa

Reading List:
    Link
    Translated chapter 65 is out guys:blobparty: