Spoiler Kusuriya no Hitorigoto

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Pandababa, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Bansheehee

Bansheehee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes she was raised by her grand uncle cause that’s her dad’s uncle.

crystalleciel and Jukki like this.
  2. BeacroxAllTheWay

BeacroxAllTheWay New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have read up to chapter 43 of the manga and so far, the spoilers on the thread are pretty much obvious from the moment mao mao had that monologue about the switch... but.. the spoilers that I need aren't here...

I need to know what happened to Sui Rei and.... is she a fucking man. She 'feels' like Basen in drag... if not.. I'm fucking stupid. And-- Is Basen a potential love rival... somehow?

Seriously I thought Sui Rei is a guy-- and a major love rival wtffff what is going on.

crystalleciel and Viliel like this.
  3. YoO Na

YoO Na Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My first Japanese LN I think. Wow, maomao is so smart

4. Luxie_Spades

Luxie_Spades Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe its because the emperor's children always dies first that he hid that he actually have another son.

This is the question I wanted to ask so much..... Do they end up together? Does Jinshi become emperor? Does Maomao accept being the daughter of (forgot his name)?

lostross likes this.
  5. Nuzlocke

Nuzlocke Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, they hid the fact that he had another son because of how it happened.

Remember?

They switched the babies. The previous emperor's actual child died in the maids care, while the actual spawn (Jinshi) of the current emperor and the previous consort lived. This incident led to MaoMao's uncle* to lose his knees!

They played along though because, if spoilers from the wiki are to be believed, the previous emperor was a pedo and a coward and the previous empress kinda sorta hated him and the child Jinshi was switched with. Said child was also the result of rape, Invincible style. The end result was kinda a win/win, tho the current emperor had to live with the knowledge that his "brother" was actually his "son."

and no one could ever know~

And yes, pretty sure Maomao and Jinshi do do the deed and tie the not so to speak, it's already been spoiled before I believe. (We only have 8 pages lol)

Think she uses the fact that her father wants her to love him as a father to force him to get involved in fighting the conspiracy going on, via willingly consuming poison and giving him a reason to care lol

6. Princess Neala

Princess Neala Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They do the deed??? For real? Am I missing something?? I didn't read it tho:cookie: can u please be more specific??:blobmelt:

Dvenger and Bansheehee like this.
  7. Nuzlocke

Nuzlocke Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty sure Jinshi's biological parents are the current emperor and Ah Duo.

The baby she "lost" was actually the emperor's brother. She herself was aware of this, her maid was not. The maid thought she killed her master's child, and carried that belief with her till her death. Her actual child tho, was raised as the emperor's brother. Pretty sure the only other person who knew beforehand was the empress (and well, they guys who made the switch lol), who hated her spawn because the previous emperor was, you know, a pedo.

So yeah, that's the royal families darkest secret XD

8. Dvenger

Dvenger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Eagerly camping here for more recent spoilers about jinshi trying to flirt with mao mao (and obviously failing if not in possession of some poisonous stuff that would woo her better than any jewel)

Jukki likes this.
  9. wolfkit773

wolfkit773 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm desperately hoping that when MaoMao is somehow forced to go public with the tactician being her father Jinshi all of a sudden gets a lot of competition and there's at least one or two love rivals for her, and to have them vie for her hand and attention, but to fail miserably and it seems like Jinshi is ridiculous and doesn't know what he's doing but he's the only one out of all the suitors who can really deal with her or wants to. I really want a love rival, if only to accentuate how Jinshi deals with her weirdness. I love MaoMao so much, but it would be really funny to have another person weirded out by her, I love it.

StrawberryShin likes this.
  10. Sei02

Sei02 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is Jinshi still crown prince?? Or did he get stripped off the position after Gyokuyou’s son was born?? I kinda hope that he is still one because I think Jinshi is capable of becoming emperor and it’s his rightful position as the emperor’s true son, not some babies if the current emperor drop dead right now due to reasons.

Has the relationship between Mao2 and Jinshi progress much? Is she still dense 11 volumes later?

can anyone pls spoil me about Riku Son, the one who kissed Maomao’s hand in volume 5.

11. iactuallyfrhateithere

iactuallyfrhateithere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    any spoiler about the concubines especially lady rishu (the youngest concubine) and mao mao "sisters" (the 3 princess)? i took an interest in them

12. furato

furato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    On Riishu. A rumor goes on that the reason the emperor hasn't touched her is because she is actually his daughter (her mother was a friend of him and Aaduo). There's an arc about her family, some political problems, and eventually she retires from consort position and enters a monastery. Basen (Gaoshun's son) is in love with her and doesn't give up yet.

13. riinflorida

riinflorida Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That was just a rumor. Riishu's father also believed that crap, hence why she's so neglected.

But Maomao debunked that by saying Riishu actually inherited her father's seafood allergy.

14. ThePathUntaken

ThePathUntaken Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Adding to this that the first time MaoMao ever met Rakan, he had just been beaten up with a broom by the Madame for asking and begging about the child (again), and the madame denied there was one. He sat in an alleyway, dejected and despaired, when he saw the face of a little girl who was picking medicinal herbs with her adopted father, and recognized her right away. He crawled over and desperately reached for her. After that, he’d visit every so often and ask MaoMao to call him “Papa”.

From MaoMao’s point of view, she saw some strange guy she’d never seen before reach for her with a weird smile. When you live in the Red Light district, that’s a huge red flag. He was also covered in blood. It was his own, but still. MaoMao mentioned in her thoughts that that scene really stuck with her. I don’t know if they ever reconcile or talk things out, but right now, she just sees him as creepy and annoying.

Rakan also cried when he found her mother again. Even though she had lost her face and her mind to syphilis, he told the Madame, “I don’t care how much it costs; 100,000 or 200,000, please let me choose her.” He then had a wedding festival for seven days and seven nights, instead of the customary 3. He knows she’ll die soon, and is giving her what he wished he could have given her years ago. Do I think this redeems his bad qualities? No, he’s still so eccentric that it’s hard to understand him. But contrary to his demeanor and the bravado he puts up, he does love his lover and their daughter. MaoMao also hinted that it’s possible that in the future, he might redeem Feng Shen’s old maid, MeiMei (though this is only speculation at this point).

15. RiannNeko

RiannNeko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What? When did this happen (both the doing the deed and their marriage)? And I remember that this novel is this ongoing? A previous reply said that they were still dancing around each other in the novel.

Whelp, I stopped at WN's Vol. 5. Time to continue reading.

EDIT: Am updated and am confident when i say Jinshi and Maomao haven't gotten married nor have they done the deed. I repeat, Jinshi and Maomao have not done the deed nor tie the knot.

At this point, Jinshi and Maomao have held hands. The one where their hands are interlocked. That is all folks

UPDATE

They have had hugged a couple of times, usually by Jinshi's initiative.

I just skimmed through so the details are sketchy but as of the current JP LN (Vol 12), Maomao and Jinshi has kissed :blobpats::blobpats::blobpats:. YES THIS IS NOT A DRILL.:blobparty::blobparty::blobparty: But
    Jinshi liked forced it :sweating_profusely: like Maomao didnt know they were gonna kiss until Jinshi kissed her. Basically, Maomao returned the kiss or kissed back out of reflex lol.

But as of the latest WN and LN, Jinshi and Maomao has held hands. And Maomao allowed the hand holding to last :blobicecreamlove:

But also remember, Maomao knows about Jinshi's intention to marry her but hasn't outright rejected Jinshi :blobokhand: At most she just tells him to find a better partner :blobowoevil::blobokhand:
    ]

It has been explicitly stated that Jinshi does not want to be the heir to the dragon throne (a.k.a be the emperor). Correct me if I'm wrong, he became an officer in the harem so he could not be the heir to the throne (there is some negotiation here, forgot the right words but the essence of the negotiation is that he doesn't want to inherit the throne. Hence why he stood behind (supported) the decision to Gyokuyou's son being named the crown prince. It isn't about the rightful position; I'm not sure if he even knows that he is the emperor's son. Jinshi just does not want the throne.

EDIT: I'm not denying that this couldn't happen but I am emphasizing that Jinshi doesn't want the position of the emperor.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2022
  16. BloodyHell1111111111

BloodyHell1111111111 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just read the latest chapter 48 (manga), does anyone know where do i start in the novel after this chapter?

17. StrawberryShin

StrawberryShin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi is there any spoilers about shi sui? the cute maid who likes insects with about the same weirdness with mao mao. Is she a true friend or is she scheming something?

MLisMyHubby, crystalleciel and Jukki like this.
  18. ketchupblood

ketchupblood Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh boy....

The answer is yes. Yes to both.

She is the newest consort in disguise. It's been a while since I read, so I don't know all of the details. The shortest version is that yes, she does consider Maomao a friend, but she also has a lot of other things going on so friendship isn't exactly a major priority for her. There is an entire arc (really, there are several threads that lead up to this arc--it's a major one) where Maomao untangles some of the mystery around her & her family.

19. StrawberryShin

StrawberryShin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Gosh thank you so much!
    by "untangles some of the mystery around her & her family" do you mean Mao mao helped her in any way or was she just discovered for her disguise and schemes regarding her family?
    thank you in advace! Stay safe! ꈍᴥꈍ

MLisMyHubby, Anthares, KeyJay and 3 others like this.
  20. RiannNeko

RiannNeko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol, u really want to know?

As user ketchupblood said, there is a lot of foreshadowing about Shi Sui's family and the arc that would focus on it. Many "cases" before said arc is a lead up to this Shi Sui family arc.

As someone who's only read the WN, i will only refer to what happened in the WN.

Maomao didn't really want to get involved as she is wants to avoid knowing secrets that will get her in trouble. In my understanding, she has some clues that will lead her to a viable hypothesis if she tries to solve it. But the information is a) too loosely connected and you have to really think about it in order for the mystery to make sense b) isn't interested in it aside from the fact that she may be getting closer to knowing the court lady who knows the "miracle"/resurrection medicine.

Maomao actually deduces, before the event that i'll mention later, that Shi Sui (insert loving worker in the palace) is actually Consort Rouran (Ah Duo's replacement and wears heavy make-up). But I think that ultimately, Maomao just wants to mind her own business, do her job and, have time to do experiments. So what happened that made Maomao learn about the family mystery.

Maomao is kidnapped by Shi Sui and gang and is transported to the reinforced secret fortress of Shi Sui's family. That's why she untangles the mystery of Shi Sui's family. If you want to know why, read the translated WN version.

Anyway, this is the WN version but the same spoiler event I mentioned also happened in the LN but differently?

Last edited: Dec 5, 2021