Spoiler Suddenly Became A Princess One Day

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Shizun, Sep 28, 2018.

1. i_am_here

i_am_here Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think my biggest gripe with Spoon over Jeanette is that she sacrificed SO MUCH for Character that really wasn't worth it.
    in terms of the story's plot, by rewriting key moments either to benefit or find an excuse to interject Jeanette and she cut out an entire Arc which explored Athy's travels and "growth" in Magic, just so "Jeanette" would not be excluded from the story. We mostly likely won't even get the Masquerade party for Athy's birthday, (which was suppose to happen BEFORE Claude got his memories back) because from Spoon's POV if Jeanette can't go to the Party no one can. Or if she did include it she find a way to make it rather than about Claude and Athy's father-daughter relationship (Claude never celebrated Athy's birthday, due to his trauma from Diana's death being that day) so when he finally offered to attend her party it was a major development. Instead, if Spoon had her way it would be Claude's brother and Jeanette making a " visit" and the focus on Jeanette finally having a "family".

And the thing is Jeanette is not an interesting character, she's a nuisance at best. Regardless, if thats her intent on not.
    I honestly think the root of this is that Spoon for some reason resonates more with Jeanette's character than Athy's and if she was given the option her leading lady would be Jeanette.

Since she couldn't interject Jeanette into the story as much as she wanted and drag on the Claude's "coma" arc. She pulled the plug on the series.

If having control of story-writing is something she really wants she should do an original series rather than an adaption. Start with one shots then progress onto a longer original work.
    It is possible for an artist to detract from the original plot of a story in the following circumstances:

*the original novel was never really well known
    *the original novel had plot holes or parts that readers didn't like
    * for some bizarre reason (either due to health or death of the author) the original novel was never "completed"

Spoon's problem was that she picked the worse novel to "play" within terms of retelling since it was already popular and had an established fan base.

M30WWWW, Burnt_Toast, Melina and 6 others like this.
  2. Deleted member 282232

Deleted member 282232 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I understand where you come from, what can we do though, we can only go with it. Jenette has surprisingly quite a fan following and to the point there is a Wattpad fanfiction, now turned manwha about Claude's other daughter who wants to help poor Jennette whose portion of love got stolen by Anastasia.

3. Nyxiepixie

Nyxiepixie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi i heard that ijekiel loved Athy on the first timeline(where Athy was not favored) can someone provide of a snippet of this or the chapter revealing this?I’m wondering if it’s true . Thank you

4. biha

biha Mr. Callisto's soulmate

Reading List:
    Link
    It's such a failure step for me, reading latest chapter alongside "dancing with your ghost". Now I need to recuperate and heal myself.

P/s don't mind me. I'm crying at the corner
    IMG_20211210_000925.jpg IMG_20211210_000941.jpg

Last edited: Dec 9, 2021
    i_am_here likes this.
  5. i_am_here

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope there is some foreshadowing with that "dream", would like to have hope.

biha likes this.
  6. sandradaffodils

sandradaffodils Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    can someone please translate the lucathy part...:aww::aww:

7. aria.franx

aria.franx New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My multi shipper heart is fluttering so happy for my Kiel feel bad for Lucas but Kiel deserves athy too he loves her in lovely princess and wmmap from first sight

8. hjnffnjh

hjnffnjh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read a lot of spoilers here and was so excited for it to be adapted (in webtoon), but goodness gracious not only the 2 arcs have same roundabout story all the spoilers provided here didn't see the sun. I agree with @i_am_here . Jeanette wasn't an interesting character (not dissing her but she lacks impact). I will be saying this again, I stayed because of the art never the story. I just hope that one day I could buy an English translation of the novel so I could enjoy it more.

biha likes this.
  9. smita.g

smita.g Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They look amazing

At what time does the webtoon gets updated?? It's already 10th December

10. biha

biha Mr. Callisto's soulmate

Reading List:
    Link
    The picture I attached is the newest chapter btw. So spoon has update this week already

11. Pest-chan

Pest-chan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd disagree with you. Kiel was a coward in Lovely Princess, he wouldn't even muster his courage to help LP Athy knowing that she is being bashed and discriminated by the nobles. Yeah, such an angelic prick he is. He knew about the bullying but just stood watched as LP Athy suffered.

12. Jo5ee

Jo5ee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the biggest moment jennet failed has a friend for me was when Athy father tried to kill her, Athy run away and was very hurt and suffer a lot. and then come useless jennet showing off how much fun she had with the father and how happy she is "oh yeas I know your father try to murder you and you had a fight but I HAD SO MUCH FUN with him lalalala he totally loves me!!" despite she knows very well he tried to murder Athy and that she is suffering cause of their fight.
    yeas what a great friend she is I mean the worst friend ever! at least she could shut up! it's not that hard to do.
    I don't hate jennet. And I also don't like her. But this comment is more on my hate side

darkcrystal, Melina and MonBon992201 like this.
  13. MonBon992201

MonBon992201 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pls don't tell me is THAT story(monstrosity) in spanish, pls tell me it isn't. I was hoping nobody in the english side knew about that bc the author hasn't updated the comic since the first chapter.

i_am_here likes this.
  14. i_am_here

Reading List:
    Link
    Whenever I see a Jeanette POV I skip the panels or chapter, not out of "hate" just due to the fact she is a very dull and annoying character. The best Spoon was able to do for her character was make her a dim naive airhead and 40+ chapters of needless fillers
    I think the Publisher intervened and told Spoon to stop her lovefest over Jeanette since readers weren't happy. And readers = $$$$ for them. And I can understand from a creative POV that being dictated on what you can and cannot do if you are invested in a route that this can be soul-crushing, However, she wasn't hired to do an original story only the art. Reader's expectations for the project was that the artist is supposed to (more or less) keep on track with the novel. Although, the odd change here and there nobody notices but to remove entire arcs of the main characters and replace them with a pointless filler arc for a character most either don't like or don't care for , made zero sense. And naturally, there would be criticisms.

I said this before and will say it again if she wanted to do original storytelling she should go with a lesser-known novel to adapt or do some one-shots then progress onto a full series. This is what Japanese artists do, they start off doing one-shots and once they feel more comfortable with longer narratives.

15. heavenamjoonie

heavenamjoonie New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoilers

16. Butwhoareyou

Butwhoareyou Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so some of you have written another ending while the real ending is athanasia birthday!
    athanasia said her goodbye to her personal maid
    and hoped in to bed..., she couldn't sleep so she walked straight to the balcony eventually she was feild with exitement
    Suddenly Lucas appeared
    She was frozen in her place / Lucas grabbed her hand and lefted her next to him they chated and athanasia started punching him but inside
    She was happy!!
    (for you who didn't now she had feelings for him)

Suddenly she felt a soft hot lips touching her lips she then realized it was Lucas
    She was so hot red like tomatoe blushing so hard
    He asked her for more kisses:blobnosebleed:
    she was so shy until he got what he wanted he kissed her again! After that
    Long short they stand close to each other Lucas hold her back of the head she looked into his shinning red eyes while he looked into her blue jewelry eyes

She hold into him and he got close to her
    And they kissed a very long deep kiss the kiss was feild with a flowery breath athanasia felt the breath of Lucas the kiss took so long...
    It the ended she was blushing so much she ran into her room wanting to hide out Lucas look at her smiling at that moment athanasia heard the clock ticking...
    {....}
    It was midnight wich means she has reached 18

syofiaa and your crush like this.
  17. i_am_here

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope after the series is complete, Spoon isn't tempted to do in future side-stories...

dedicated to Jeanette's POV that nobody wants or asked for.

Deind and biha like this.
  18. MonBon992201

MonBon992201 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have some very bad news to you regarding the possible existence of side-stories...

i_am_here likes this.
  19. i_am_here

Reading List:
    Link
    What? She is actually going to do this? Has it been confirmed? I can get over her doing No sidestories - so long as we no longer have pointless Jeanette imposed onto readers again.

20. aria.franx

aria.franx New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    YESSSS i agree like as a novel and manhwa reader i just don't know how to feel about Jeanette like i hate novel Jeanette with a burning Passion manhwa Jeanette tho she's ummm too naive and annoying for me idk i don't hate her but i don't love her i don't see why spoon had to change the story so much like if there is a little diffrence i won't mind but having such a big difference from the novel is totally unnecessary

Last edited: Dec 23, 2021
    i_am_here likes this.