Discussion Difference between werebeast, demibeast, beastman and beastfolk

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Nirnama, Dec 5, 2021.

1. Nirnama

Nirnama Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's kinda tricky to classify half-human half-beast according the myth and folklore beside their real life animal reference, although i gained insight when i'd read across a manga titled " The Dark Queen and I Strike Back " at chapter 4, that categories it according the purity of their bloodlines, so i made one base on that but still confused to named each one of it
    Currently their names are:
    • Beastfolk : the common name for all variant listed below
    • Beastman : when they have animalistic face and a pureblood. e.g. the fishmen from One piece
    • Demibeast : when pureblood beastman crossbreeding, they has a fur/scale-free area in some part of their body similar to human but still has animalistic feature at their humanlike face
    • Werebeast : a human + animal ear and tail, crossbreeding of human with beastman or demibeast
    I haven't get name for the "waist down of animal like centaur and mermaid" type yet, although i think it will be enough to add it as a subspecies of werebeast.
    And maybe it enough to categories the typical werewolf that only temporarily transforming as animal still as a humankind with an extra bloodlines

Have any alternative? I need your opinions please.
    Thanks

Deleted member 369806 likes this.
  2. Lovise

Lovise Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Beastfolk and Beastmen are basically the same. The libs will go Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee when you hold this position. :)
    Werebeast: are beast that are capable of transforming into human. Demibeast in CN basically starts as a normal animal, reach a certain cultivational level and become demi. After reaching that one tier, they would then be capable of transforming into humans.

Werebeast are mostly use in Western settings; while demibeast are used in Eastern settings.

3. Goblin Sleuth

Goblin Sleuth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So like this?
    [​IMG]

4. anon

anon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It wasnt my post but i enjoyed your informative response

aShinyVaporeon and Lovise like this.
  5. vancenick

vancenick Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just consult the furry chart

6. Ral

Ral Not a Well-Known Member ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd say the other way around.

7. Nirnama

Nirnama Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, yeah i miss the eastern "yao" type,i think it called beastwere at powerlisting wiki. Thanks for the reminder

Last edited: Dec 5, 2021
  8. Lovise

Lovise Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Debatable. I say beast capable of transforming into Human is because their default state is of a beast. To become human, they need to control it. Should a condition that throw off their "mental focus" be inflicted upon them, they would then lose their transformation and revert back to a beast. The most classical example is of course the overused werewulf being exposed to the moon during a full moon.

9. dicaro2338

dicaro2338 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Beastmen are humanoid animals that have almost evolved to the human level.
    Demon Beasts are animals that can cultivate their nature. All animals are born with a set animal path. If their path sucks, they have to cultivate a humanoid body. To get the ability to choose their path. To transcend the limits of their weak animal path.
    Demibeasts are crossbreeds between Demons and Humans. Or Beastmen and Humans.
    Werebeasts have two bodies and can switch them.

10. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    it is hard cuz the BS author put category influenced by culture they expose to and or know about~
    if you want create one then you need to consider it~

you can try hmm scific way perhaps?
    by physical appearance, origin or just make new race name like on Dungeon and Dragon game

your list is ok stuff

now on eastern asia culture there influence of taoism, buddhism or thing like that which different with western counter part~ cultivation and supernatural stuff origin so they have Yao term hmm demon beast~ a non human that can cultivate, expose to it, or random stuff which make them can or have human appearance and usually also have supernatural ability or magic~ unlike western counter part that most just have super physical ability~ the popular maybe Fox Demon aka Kitsune.... hehehe the bewitching one~ there term for demon or monster perhaps

Centaur iirc come from zeus mating with someone~ medusa is a girl who cursed by athena or was it artemis? cuz a jerk god lust after her~ loki (male) did BL stuff with a horse give birth (the horse is the top while loki at bottom.... lul) to hmm sleipr or something? mermaid dunno about them~ legend say druid can transform into animal.... well so did the lust fueled Zeus wait minotour also related to curse or the darn Zeus~

meh if this cat put it
    - general term beastman or beastfolk
    - sub category based on appearance
    - halfling, it can be from beastmen x beastmen from different species, beastmen x human, beastmen x whatever other race
    - sub category based on origin such as the Yao or the cursed one this more closely tie with myth, legend or cultural stuff
    last put species or race name for extra~

the term can be whatever~ on this way Kitsune (Yao) is different species err race with Fox girl that only have fox ear and fox tail (typical waifu) also different with fox girl that furry one (not this cat waifu) and different with fox girl that pop up from fox like species doing snusnu stuff with other race and really different race with something that can transform into female fox or fox girl because of race trait or ability~

kon kon kon~
    what is kon?
    its the fox say on japanese...
    cool.png

11. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Offense intended when I say that your grammar sucks here.

12. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    nah its fine
    english have no use for this cat practical live so meh~ more so on written one cuz on speaking level most language kinda flexible for communication purpose~

13. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    TBH, it can be hard for me to take a person seriously when they have such horrible grammar.