Cyclists, are annoying

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Agentt, Dec 6, 2021.

1. Agentt

Agentt Loves cats and pats and my wife

Reading List:
    Link
    So, a while back I used to be a cyclist, and I got to find that drivers hate cyclists, and I quite never understood it.
    Their point was that cyclists drive on main road, and not on the cycling road they are ought to, and my response was just that drivers too ride on cycling road, since its basically traffic free. Plus, most cycling roads are not maintained and are bumpy.

But now that I have been learning how to drive, lord, these people are so annoying.

I have yet to see a single cycle who stops at a red light, they always pass through it brazenly.
    Even in traffic, while the cars are trying their best to just inch forward, these people come out of nowhere and slip between the gaps between the cars,
    This has been so so rage inducing while merging roads, since they always try to overtake you.

2. Mr. Tired

Mr. Tired Professional Idiot

Reading List:
    Link
    We wake up every day and choose peace, not violence when we decide not to run over the cyclists that have been getting on our nerves since 4 miles ago.

I don't know why people on bikes think it's okay or even safe to do so...I'm scared simply being on the sidewalk without a bike since people in cars can't drive well anymore either.

3. Agentt

Reading List:
    Link
    I asked my father this, and he said they are heroes who risk their lives to reduce traffic

seemanta and Mr. Tired like this.
  4. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    Now tell us how you really feel? Lol

TamaSaga and Agentt like this.
  5. hansora

hansora Someone Who Seeks Fluff & Heartwarming Stories

Reading List:
    Link
    Cyclists have become the subject of dislike in my country too. Even though not all of them, there are groups of cyclists who use main roads on the peak hours, cycling like they are invincible even when there are big trucks nearby. In a case, two cyclists brought their bikes inside a cafe, inciting enrage due to their so lack of common sense

Agentt likes this.
  6. natsume142

natsume142 だが、断る

Reading List:
    Link
    Cyclists and motorists.. I dont hate them but when they suddenly appear on my blind spot, make me surprised and pissed off

Also most cyclist and motorist in my country doesnt stop on red light especially the food delivery people. So I understand your hatred

0000000 and Agentt like this.
  7. Agentt

Reading List:
    Link
    It makes me
    =_=)
    They jumpscare you

Cutter Masterson likes this.
  8. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Over here the people on bicycles don't really cause trouble. They ride mainly on the cycling road whenever one is available, and when not, they tend to ride on the sidewalk.

If anything, what actually happens here is that nobody respects the cyclists in any way... When cars want to cross the cycling road to make a turn, they never check if there is a bicycle coming... And pedestrians also walk on the cycling road all the time without caring about the fact that they're getting in the way. Pedestrians also don't look to see if there is a bicycle coming their way before crossing the cycling road... >.>

Back when I was in high school, I used to ride a bicycle in order to go to my English classes, and I remember hitting my bicycle on a tree because a pedestrian decided to cross the cycling road without looking, so I had to hurriedly steer it to the side in order to not run over the pedestrian... >.>

There was also a time where mom was driving her car and had to make a turn that crossed through the cycling road. She didn't bother with looking to the side, and almost hit a cyclist that was pedaling really really fast.
    ... Mom's reaction was like, "What a mad cyclist!"
    And I was like, "Eh? No, you were the one who didn't look. He was coming super fast in his road, you were the one that should have stopped to look before trying to cross it..."

So uhn... Well, back when I used a bicycle, I usually felt like everyone was annoying... And now that I do everything by foot/bus, the cyclists never bothered me... And well, when I see people complaining about cyclists, it's usually because the driver did something wrong and was pushing the blame towards the cyclist... >.>

... Motorcycles on the other hand... Well, there are some crazy people that use those.

mir, orematcha, Baldingere and 2 others like this.
  9. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    And much like heroes they wear tight spandex suits. :blobsalute:

seemanta, mir, orematcha and 2 others like this.
  10. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol! Good one. :ROFLMAO::LOL:

11. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    lol heroes. Your father is hilarious.

MEGA SPARTA CHICKEN likes this.
  12. Bad Company

Bad Company Crossing the highways of fantasy

Reading List:
    Link
    There are idiots everywhere with many forms of transportation. Here are some that were on bikes and filmed.

Agentt likes this.
  13. Bielt

Bielt 『Planets Eater』『The Sin of Animosity』

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I used to think that cyclist were annoying just on my region but after watching some videos i found out that it's a shared thing around the world.

I am guessing it happens because:
    • There is no clear road laws for them in most place (or at least no one knows about them), and in many regions where there is law about it, simply there isn't a law enforcement on that
    • The lack of understanding that while not motorized (in most cases) a bicycle is still a transport device and it should follow common sense traffic logic
    • They forget that they can and will get badly hurt in many cases where there is a traffic accident
    • Due to them not being a pedestrian nor an automobile, their brain kinda enter a stupid state where think it's okay to act like a pedestrian when it's of advantage for them and act like a automobile when they want. In the end they don't follow neither pedestrian rules nor automobile rules and think that whenever something happens they are in the right.
    • Due to having two wheels they think that they should act like motorcycle and ride their bicycles in the middle of the road and in any place that it fits, tho they forget that such actions are wrong even for motorcycles >.>

Anyway cyclists can gather all the most irritating features of car drivers, pedestrians and motorcycle riders into a slow and tight irritating form

Ps: i know that not all cyclists are awful and generalization is bad, many of the accidents involving them is the fault of the drivers, but just as many is the cyclists own fault tho they will never admit it.

Also some places actually have quite good cyclists society and they are very respectful.
    I had been to Japan before and their cyclists are totally different from the ones I came from, very respectful people.

Agentt likes this.
  14. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    Here in Miami the sidewalk is the only place you can be on your bike and if you choose to cycle on the road then the law is agaisnt you since most roads forbid it even if the police won't do anything about it and if cyclist gets hit and it's not on a cross walk then it's his fault most of the time.

We have plenty of parks with nice even roads for ppl to use with their bikes. the one near my house has 12 miles of paved road so that anyone who want to cycle for fitness and health purposes can do so. I think the only place with a bike lane in miami is downtown area and the beach area.

Agentt likes this.
  15. Resplendor

Resplendor High Lord of Souls

Reading List:
    Link
    The roads used to be for everyone.
    Pedestrian, cyclist, horses, cable cars/lightrail and eventually, cars.
    Now, especially in the USA, not so much. Why? Lobbyist mostly.
    I kid you not.
    During the early 1900's, car lobbyists changed laws to discourage walking, cycling, and nearly out right banned riding horses on all public roads. They also squashed passenger light rail and cable cars for the most part. Even busses came (and still do) with a social stigma of being ridiculously low class. "Catching the cable car" used to be perfectly acceptable.
    By the late 1940's (end of WW2) and the rise of the suburbs, one could not live without a car. Mostly because the suburbs where these weird little islands with just miles and miles of houses and little to no work nearby. Which meant you needed a car to get to work to afford the upkeep of the house you bought that requires you to have a car. Even if you wanted to walk or cycle to work, sidewalks were made small, if put in place at all, to smash as many houses in as possible.
    Basically, for the last 100 years we've been building our cities and our suburbs to make it as dangerous or inconvenient for anyone not in a car as possible.
    And now as we have realized the environmental impact of cars, and are moving back towards alternative transportation, we need to redesign our cities and suburbs to work for that alt transport.

Agentt likes this.
  16. Lovise

Lovise Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Normally, humans don't hate what they are associated with. Usually the mentality is that: what they are associated with can do no wrong. Only through disassociating yourself from it can you start to what is wrong and why it is hateful.

meliori and Agentt like this.
  17. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, as a cyclist, pedestrian and driver on many occasions, I understand to blame not the profession, blame the people.

When I am a driver, I think that cyclists and pedestrians are assholes.

When I am a pedestrian, I think that drivers and cyclists are assholes.

In the end, I understand that everyone but me is an asshole (sarcasm).

Though seriously, fuck cyclists, they are the shitty version of their motorized brethren (I hate those guys too) as their tiny hitboxes makes them unseeable and they like to do stupid shits like cutting me when I am about to turn.

The issue of them blocking up the slow lane is real and oftentimes I have to wait for them to fuck off when I try to exit the roads.

Agentt likes this.
  18. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Ai-chan has no problem with cyclists, they're perfectly awesome and respectful of other users and the traffic laws. Ai-chan has problem with motorbike riders. They have no manners, no common sense and no civic awareness. We have a children's playground near Ai-chan's house. It has two roads on northern and southern side, both connected to each other as a two way street. There is a paved pedestrian path that cuts through the playground.

You know what the motorists do? They use this pedestrian path as shortcut. Yes, they ride through this children's playground on their motorbikes, when it is clearly a pedestrian path. The government tried to put all kinds of stops to this, such as putting a motorbike barrier (got torn down by someone) and recently put up that pillar thing that ensures motorbikes can'y pass through. That pillar was broken down by someone too in the middle of the night! And now the local government is blocking the path with barricades and hiring artists to draw on the pavement so that people understand that "Dude, this is pedestrian path for children's playground".

And you know what happened next? Some dude just ran down the barricade with his motorbike. You know what cyclists do? The cyclists ride around the playground, where the motorists just punch through. It doesn't even take that long to ride around the playground, not even 1 minute difference. For the record, it is illegal to ride a motorbike through a playground here.

Motorbike riders have no manners, no common sense and no civic awareness. Ai-chan hates them to the max. This is only one example, this does not even include their behaviour on the road itself. Another thing, motorcycle riders love to park on the sidewalk even when motorbike parking is less than 20 meters away. Like where are pedestrians supposed to walk on? Are we supposed to walk on the road? We're supposed to walk with the cars?

Agentt likes this.
  19. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    RDT_20211206_140517944725106744279489.jpg

orematcha, Ral and Agentt like this.
  20. Agentt

Reading List:
    Link
    Ours did this too, but they created a little ramp out of leftover bricks