Spoiler The Abandoned Empress 버림 받은 황비-Webtoon update only

Discussion in 'Manga Discussion' started by samira01, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Johnwill12

Johnwill12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The thing that seems unfair to me is that Ruve (2nd timeline) did so much for Tia, he gave her space, he was very considerate of her, he was even prepared to grant her request of breaking off their engagement. Meanwhile what did Tia ever do for him, she only found the courage to be honest with herself near the end? I sometimes wish that it had been Ruve who had been mortally wounded instead of Tia, then as she holds him in her arms, she would truly feel regret for pushing him away. It would be nice to see her repay him for all that he did for her for a change?

I know that she was still dealing with her trauma from the 1st timeline, but Tia lacked emotional courage to love him until the end? She only ever thought about protecting herself that she didn’t see how much she was hurting Ruve, that was rather selfish on her part. I’d like to see Tia make more of an effort around Ruve from now on, no more running away. Why didn’t she try trusting Ruve more, instead of doubting his feelings for her? The Ruve from the 1st timeline never told her that he loved her, unlike the current Ruve.

Besides it’s not like Tia was perfect in the 1st timeline either, she was cold, unsociable, and not very good at expressing her true feelings. Both of them were too proud to express their true feelings for each other. Of course Ruve wasn’t a great guy, but that was largely do to the effect of the poison, and the manipulation of Duke Zena. If only Ruve’s father had shown him a little more affection, instead of praising Tia all the time things might have been different? I hope that his father who’s in heaven realizes his mistakes and is regrets his actions now?

missbluesunglasses likes this.
  2. HoshikoDraws

HoshikoDraws Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone link me the side stories?

3. i_am_here

i_am_here Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So will the side stories ever be adapted for the Webtoon?
    I am noticing a recurring trend where side stories involving the MC and ML's children either get written out or slimmed down to the bare minimum.

4. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I heard there were some issues with the production of the webtoon, so there were no plans of adapting the side stories.

i_am_here likes this.
  5. i_am_here

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, this keeps happening to the finale of many webtoons. Side stories get the chop.

6. Nuzlocke

Nuzlocke Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    People don't really care about the logic of things tho. Ruve is a bad person period. A "main lead" can literally threaten to kill the heroine and murder people for fun, but they'll be seen as sympathetic compared to a guy who never actually did anything wrong, because timeline's invalidate actions. Does it matter that the Ruve we follow is the one in the 2nd timeline? Or that Timeline 1 and 2 are literally different people? No. This happens in literally all stories that involve time travel in this genre. People can't seem to understand that what happened in the last timeline doesn't count because the victim is now in a world where none of that ever happened.

Someone should really do a deconstruction. A tragedy where our protagonist dies a villains death because they can't let go of something that never happened. The people around them think they're crazy because, quite frankly, from everyone else's perspective they are.

7. MOMO26

MOMO26 Have a coffee

Reading List:
    Link
    Guys will the illustrator ever post an extra chapters in webtoon????

8. i_am_here

Reading List:
    Link
    No. The side stories were (and there is no confirmation if they ever will be ) adapted into the webtoon.

9. CreativeCriticalThinker

CreativeCriticalThinker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It never made sense to me that the shit ML mistreated/assaulted/killed the FL in the first timeline but when she started to emancipate herself in the 2nd timeline he is suddenly openly head over heels for her!?
    I interpret this as the FL has become good enough for that manchild...
    And the narrative give us the absurd sorry exuse of an explaination why he did all these horrible unforgivable things to her: He couldn't handle the fact that he secretly loved the FL, was manipulated and drugged by the political fraction...
    What kind of logic is that????!!!!

Someone did a very critical deconstructive iseka meta story :) about a brown maid with freckles against the ML with plot armor ;)
    This Isekai Maid is Forming a Union
    You can read this comic in TAPAS or WEBTOON ;)

https://tapas.io/series/This-Isekai-Maid-is-Forming-a-Union
    https://www.webtoons.com/en/challenge/this-isekai-maid-is-forming-a-union/list?title_no=699696

Last edited: Aug 22, 2022
    Nuzlocke likes this.
  10. Nuzlocke

Reading List:
    Link
    Butterfly effect. It's called a consequence for a reason. She got to him before the other guy, and happened to be a positive influence because of it.
    I mean, you're not wrong. Unfortunately, she's stuck in a setting where she has to marry him for political reasons, and can't deal with her trauma because it technically never happened. If there was a true big bad, I'd say it was the "god" who "helped" her.
    It's like you said, man child. Pretty sure it's part of the reason why his father wanted her to marry him. She made up for all his shortcomings.
    The logic is there, even if it's stupid. The biggest flaws in this story are, as I said before, the setting and the time-travel.

The setting made it to where our MC never had a real choice. She was going to marry Ruve. TL1 Ruve is irredeemable, how does the author solve this? Time-travel desu! TL2 Ruve hasn't fallen to the dark side yet! Don't worry Tia-chan, true love is still open to you!

Huh? What do you mean you have PTSD from how TL1 Ruve treated you? You went back in time, get over it!

Also, I'm going to add the girl who ruined your life from TL1 into the mix too, because we don't have enough drama tee-hee!

Honestly I stand by my point, the red one was best boy. No, I won't change my mind. Her other options were literally both dirtbags, the green one was just worse than TL2 Ruve.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

11. CreativeCriticalThinker

Reading List:
    Link
    You just reminded me that Tia has to be the unwilling unpaid inofficial therapist for Ruve...
    FLs always get the dangerous task of fixing/doing emotional labor for tyrannical MLs.

I believe the author/narrative just doesn't allow her to free herself from the stupid prince and the emperor even though there were options, tools and allies. I still remember when rewinded Tia was so determined to fight her tragic destiny that was caused by that shit oracle.
    But then she lost her convinction and inner rage/strenght when Ruve started to get closer and closer to her (no boundaries), showing his unhealthy affection for her...
    You can imagine how very frustrating it was to witness that. I was really rooting for her!

Fortunately I discovered BEWARE OF THE VILLAINESS featuring Lion Queen Bitch Melissa and Sassy Snob Maid Yona. Melissa literally defied and defeated with the help of her friends the toxic four MLs and the fickle creator god ^^
    She is comparable with Kali The Destroyer of Egos!
    This progressive meta story really made me forget my anger towards The Abandoned Empress!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH for giving me nice/polite responses today. I really appreciate it.

I hope my recommendation THIS ISEKAI MAID IS FORMING AN UNION! will fit your taste :)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2022
  12. Nuzlocke

Reading List:
    Link
    Which would be fine, if it wasn't for the events of TL1. She's forced to get over her trauma because "god" forced her too.
    She literally never had a chance, Ruve's dad was determined to see them wed :(
    That story has it's own set of problems, but it's no where near as flawed as The Abandoned Empress that's for sure XD

Honestly, this story could have been decent if they just took away the "forced to marry" Ruve bit and didn't also add TL1 Jieun into the mix. Forced to be Ruve's therapist? fine, whatever. But it's kinda fucked up that she ends up with a guy who shares the face of her past tormentor.

Everytime they bone, she's going to be thinking of him.

Still, at least it isn't I swear I won't bother you again. If they started describing furniture I would have snapped XD

13. CreativeCriticalThinker

Reading List:
    Link
    It's true that BotV is not perfect and also has its flaw (for example: Why do Ian and Jake starting to like Melissa after she personally destroyed their egos?) but it is to me and others who are tired of seeing the same toxic fantasy tropes all over and over again still groundbreaking & progressive enough.

You think Abandoned Empress is bad...?
    Try reading the Cheap Isekai Reincarnation Trash Dumpster Fire of Manhuas.
    I guarantee you it will kill many of your brain cells, gives you tremendous headache and made you easily rage quit.

In these convoluted ultratoxic Chinese plots you as a reader never get or figured out the logic why the asshole sadistic violent cold inhumane MLs suddenly get interested in the FL they raped/abused/destroyed/even cheated on in the 2nd timeline....
    They don't behave like human people.
    There is often no real explaination or comprehension at all!

That is why I like reading the meta manhua webtoon: CHEATING MEN MUST DIE ^^
    A badass transmigrator on a mission to ruin Asian MLs and she openly criticized female authors writing randomly unhealthy trashy novels without any regard.
    MC Suxia: "A brainless sweet story with no morals and logic, you can't expect much from the Male Lead....The creative authors make up all sorts of weird female and male leads, setting up cruel life for cannon-fodder characters, creating immoral and illogical small worlds.
    ONE DAY; I DEFINITIVELY LET THESE PEOPLE EXPERIENCE A LIVING HELL."

I hate these fucking pathetic titles:
    I Swear I Won’t Bother You Again!
    My Fiance is in Love with My Little Sister
    Your Majesty, Please Don't Kill Me Again
    Please Abandon Me (The least worst of the four but the FL tolerate her sadistic abusive half-brothter way too much!)

The writing in these stories are aiming for emotional exploitation of female misery.

14. Nuzlocke

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh, this feels a bit to much like it was written by an edgelord for my taste
    True, and the memes are pretty funny even if the setting is kinda boring.

15. CreativeCriticalThinker

Reading List:
    Link
    It's ok. Everyone has its own preferences.

Nuzlocke likes this.
  16. Book Lover Slytherine

Book Lover Slytherine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    LONG, DETAILED SPOILERS EXPLAINING WHY SHE ENDED UP WITH THE PRINCE

I know everyone is pissed that Tia ends up with Ruve after he r*ped her, killed her family, her unborn child, and her, but there's a reason for all that.

What happened in the 1st timeline?

So the background is, Ruve's father, the Emperor, has always been very cold and distant to him, raising him with harsh expectations and no love. The Emperor was actually in love with Tia's mom, Jeremiah. Keiran (Tia's dad) was engaged to be married with another woman (Karsein's mother actually) in a political marriage, but he also fell in love with Jeremiah.

Jeremiah was in love with Keiran, not the Emperor. The only person in the empire who can break off the official engagement between Keiran & Karsein's mom is the emperor, but obviously the emperor wants them to get married so he can hopefully marry Jeremiah. However, Keiran offers to swear an oath of absolute loyalty to the Emperor if he will give up on Jeremiah and allow Keiran to marry Jeremiah by breaking the official engagement.

The Emperor/King is actually a very just, wise man and he realizes he cannot put his own personal feelings ahead of the good of the Empire, so he gives up on his love for Jeremiah and breaks off Keiran's engagement so Keiran can marry Jeremiah and then Jeremiah gives birth to Tia.

Just some background, I'm probably mixing them up (?) but Tia's family is part of the "Aristocrats" (I think) which mainly support the Emperor and on the other side you have the "nobles" or something, which oppose the emperor. The emperor is actually not as powerful as you think, as the noble faction have basically 50% the power of the empire and the Emperor+aristocrats the other 50%. The emperor needs to ensure the aristocrat faction that supports him is unified (there's in-fighting inside both factions), which is why he wanted Keiran to swear an oath of absolute loyalty to him.

Tia has her father's coloring, but looks exactly like Jeremiah, which is why the Emperor (who was in love with Jeremiah), loves her so much and treats her like a daughter. He gives her all the love he has and gives zero love to his son. The reason is because in order to survive as Emperor, you have to be cold, logical, rational, and strong-willed. He does love prince Ruve a lot, but was perhaps misguided.

The aristocrats all have harsh expectations on Ruve to grow up to be intelligent, rational, capable so everyone is always telling him "You need to stop whining, you need to be better". On the other hand, Tia is naturally gifted and smart and everyone always says "Tia is so amazing, we love her so much!" Imagine being a young boy, growing up and seeing how everyone, including your own father, loves Tia so much and nobody gives any love to you at all. Of course he grows to resent Tia.

Only two people ever showed "love" to Ruve, which is Jeremiah and Duke Jenna/Zena (or whatever his name is, the main villain). However, when Jeremiah gets assassinated later on, she happily gives up her life to protect Tia, while ignoring Ruve (who was also in the same room), so Ruve feels betrayed that Jeremiah didn't care about him at all, which I mean, of course this woman will protect her biological daughter over the unrelated prince. Like Jeremiah rushes to Tia and covers Tia with her body, while leaving Ruve to fend for himself against the assassins.

After this, Duke Zena is the only person who shows any "love" to Prince Ruve, which is why he believes anything Zena says. Zena basically tells Ruve that Tia is an unfeeling, incredibly manipulative and intelligent woman who is out to marry him so she can get more power for her household and the aristocrat faction. Thus Ruve hates Tia even more.

Tia, on the other hand, despite being loved by everyone, also has really harsh expectations put on her and she feels she cannot show any weakness, that she must prove herself to be a capable Empress. She actually does have trouble expressing her feelings which is why Zena's whole "she has no feelings" rings true to Ruve. However, through her actions, Tia proves that she cares deeply about the Empire, her household, and even Ruve.

However, one day Ji-Eun magically appears and is denoted the "child of god" and the one who is supposed to be empress. Ji-Eun is basically an average Korean 16 year old girl. Imagine getting thrown into a game of thrones setting at 16. She lost her friends and family and is completely alone in the new world. Zena tells Ji-Eun about all the s**t that goes down and basically says "If you don't manage to get Prince Ruve's support, you will probably get r*ped and killed cause the politics here are deadly". He also tells Ji-Eun "Ruve is desperate for love, so just be happy and smiling and tell him you love him". So Ji-Eun, terrified for her life, does everything she can to seduce Ruve and he falls in love with her because she is "honest" with her feelings and "innocent".

Thus Tia becomes the "abandoned empress" and Ji-Eun the actual empress. Ji-Eun now gets to enjoy a life of luxury and wealth, while Tia does all the official Empress duties as the "Queen". The Empire is thriving and everyone thinks "Life is so good and our Empress is such a wonderful, kind, happy person, while that b***h Tia thinks she's so much better than everyone. She always acting so stuck up."

NOW THE IMPORTANT PART. Zena's plans are in motion and he wants even more power, so he begins to poison Ruve with a psychotropic drug that makes him angry, bipolar, and schizophrenic. He also feeds lies to Ruve and Ruve hears the people+staff... basically everyone saying how Tia is a total smug, superior b***h who is power-hungry and pissed off her plans to get power failed cause Ji-Eun showed up. There are rumors that Tia wants to assassinate Ji-Eun so she can get back the place of Empress.

Ruve confronts Tia and wants her to be honest with him, but she basically thinks "I'm scared of you, I cannot be honest with you" and tells him "you won't believe me anyway" and Ruve goes "So you're basically admitting all the rumors about you are true." Now don't forget he is drugged with those psychotropic drugs, so that's when he r*pes her. And of course, he later pushes her and causes her to miscarry.

He does feel extremely guilty about this, but when Tia finds out she miscarried and can no longer have children (her womb is damaged), she laughs crazily in front of many maids/servants, basically cursing god (Vita) for her life. Zena and the palace staff report that Tia laughed like crazy, saying "I'm so glad I don't have to give birth to that f**ker's baby. Thank god I had a miscarriage". Of course Ruve gets pissed off at this and thinks what kind of monster is happy her baby died. Thus Tia just confirmed all the rumors about her.

Tia's father, Keiran, understands Tia is unhappy and miserable and begs Ruve to take Tia away. He wants to fake her death and have her live quietly in another country. At the same time, Zena fakes an assassination on Ji-Eun and blames Tia for it, but Ruve has some moments of clarity. He thinks "If Tia wants to escape to another country, why would she risk killing Ji-Eun? The only point in killing Ji-Eun is if Tia wants to stay and become Empress."

I'm kind of confused too with the novel/webtoon, but I think there's not enough evidence to tie Tia + Keiran + her house into the assassination attempt, but Ruve & Tia fight and he lies to her that he killed her father, because he wants to hurt her in retaliation for her laughing that their unborn child died. Tia, who was also poisoned by Duke Zena, goes crazy upon hearing her father was killed and stabs Ruve. Of course, now there is enough evidence that Tia committed treason, attempted assassination of the Emperor, so Zena and everyone votes to have her executed. Ruve actually votes against them but is outvoted. He only wants Tia banished to another country. He was actually trying to grant her wish to escape the palace. He was setting her free.

However, Tia is executed and dies thinking Ruve had killed her father and sentenced her to death when none of that actually happened.

Anyway, now that Tia is gone, Ruve continues to get crazier after being poisoned with the drugs, Zena causes unrest in the Empire by continuing to gather more power, and Ji-Eun must now do all of Tia's duties. How can you expect a modern 16-21 year old girl to run an Empire? Ji-Eun makes a ton of dumb decisions and that with all the other crazy going on means the Empire goes to ruins.

All the people that used to praise Ji-Eun and say "Tia is so smug and unlikable" suddenly turn on Ji-Eun. Suddenly everyone says "Ji-Eun is such a dumbass. How can anyone be so dumb? She's probably faking dumb and is actually evil and wants us to all suffer and die. Nobody can be THAT dumb. When Tia was Queen, she was so smart and the Empire was thriving." Basically everyone regretted tr*shing Tia and wished she were still alive and the Empress.

Ji-Eun is devastated that suddenly everyone turned on her and one day Ruve finally tells her, after another dumb decision, "Why are you so dumb? I wish you had died and Tia was Empress". Ji-Eun also gets pregnant at this time and feels so alone and powerless and worried about the future of her baby.

Ruve has figured out at this time that Zena is not his "father figure" but was actually poisoning him and that everything about Tia was a lie. For instance, Ji-Eun keeps saying she loves him but after 5 (?) years together, has no idea what his favorite/disliked foods are, whereas Tia figured it out within a couple of weeks. Tia also took so much pressure off him by handling many Empire matters for him, whereas Ji-Eun actually stresses him out with more work with her dumb decisions. He realizes Tia loved him and showed it through actions, just not words, while Ji-Eun's words were empty and hollow and betrayed by her careless actions.

Ruve also realizes that he is dead soon, especially if Ji-Eun gives birth to a son, since Zena will kill him and then assume the role of "regent", while raising and brainwashing the baby who will one day inherit the empire. Ruve has a way to save his life by killing Ji-Eun and he considers it, but realizes that killing her + the unborn child will be doing the same thing to her what he did to Tia, something he regrets with all his heart. And in case you forgot, he actually wanted to save her life and send her away from the empire, just Zena + the nobles were too powerful and ordered Tia executed. I think the webtoon actually portrayed this badly since they showed Ruve kind of with a superior/unfeeling look on his face while she was executed, when in reality he wanted to spare her.

So he instead realizes he's lost and Zena will now take over the Empire, so he gives up on being Emperor and tries to run away, but Zena gets wind of this and sends soldiers to assassinate Ruve. Ruve falls down a cliff and as he lies dying, he gazes up at the moon (the king is the sun and the moon symbolizes the queen/empress) and he thinks the moon is Tia and basically begs her for forgiveness and thinks death is not so bad since he will be reunited with Tia.

The Second Timeline;

This time, Tia realizes she should be more "open" with her feelings and she's not actually alone, there's so many people who support her and love her. Don't forget she also thought her father was somewhat "unfeeling" but realized he risked his life and household to make her happy. He begged Ruve to fake her death and let her live quietly in another country, showing how much he actually loved her.

Thus 2nd timeline (2TL) Tia shows her emotions more and Ruve, seeing Tia showing all these emotions and laughing with Karsein + Allen, realizes she is not unfeeling and cold. Also, don't forget that Tia inheriting her household makes it impossible for her to become Empress (due to some rules and stuff), so how can Tia be power-hungry and out to manipulate him, Ruve, when she appears to want to break off the engagement? Thus 2nd timeline (2TL) Ruve realizes a lot of what Zena said about Tia was a lie.

Oh, and BIG SPOILER ABOUT ALLEN, but Allen, despite being much more capable than his brother, is passed over in favor of his older brother. Allen wants to inherit the household, thinking he is better than his brother, but the parents think it's unfair, since the oldest son is supposed to inherit. Even though Allen is definitely better, the oldest son is capable still. Allen thinks this means his parents don't really love him and he gets driven to Zena's side as a spy.

Allen also is sociopathic and possessive of Tia. At one point, he considers killing her father, Keiran, because Keiran sees through Allen's true nature. He also kind of has an erot*c daydream about strangling Tia to death so she will always be his. His other plot is to kidnap Tia and keep her locked up in a secret house forever, so she will belong to him only.

However, he does have a moment of clarity where he realizes he is f**ked up in the head and he double-crosses Zena to the current Emperor, who sends Allen away to another country, but thanks him for realizing the error of his ways.

So Allen did love Tia enough to realize his love for her was messed up and psychotic. He willingly went away to protect Tia from himself.

Ruve falls in love with Tia because of how expressive and lively she is in the second timeline, and also because, if you've forgotten, he loved Jeremiah (Tia's mother) because only Jeremiah + Zena ever showed him love +affection, and Tia resembles Jeremiah.

After Ruve died in the first timeline, Ji-Eun gives birth to a girl, who cannot inherit the throne and with Ruve dead, it means the royal lineage is broken. Zena can now over take the throne legally, so he decides to kill Ji-Eun and stabs her and her baby daughter to death.

Ji-Eun b****es to god/Vita about how unfair her life was and Vita (God) offers Ji-Eun a choice. She can send Ji-Eun back to modern day Korea with her memories completely erased, or she can send Ji-Eun back to the moment she arrived in the Abandoned Empress world with her memories intact.

Ji-Eun does miss Korea + her family, but don't forget this choice came literally 10 seconds after she got stabbed in the stomach by her "friend" Duke Zena. Ji-Eun hates Ruve for abandoning her ("I wish Tia was alive and you were dead instead"), hates Zena for manipulating and killing her, and most of all, hates that Tia took everyone's love even in death. Remember, after the Empire started to crumble, the people and Ruve all said they regretted how they treated Tia and wished she was the Empress and said Ji-Eun was dumb tr*sh.

Ji-Eun also thinks if she runs away to Korea with her memories erased, it means admitting to herself she lost to Tia, that she is and will always be inferior to Tia. She thinks if she actually works hard she can match Tia and become a powerful empress who can take revenge on Prince Ruve + Duke Zena. Thus in her anger and pride, she chooses to relive a second life instead of going back home to Korea.

When Ji-Eun arrives this time, she does everything she can to seduce Ruve because she wants to make him fall in love with her so she can then toss him aside and destroy him, the Empire, and Zena.

But at this point Ruve only loves Tia and none of Ji-Eun's attempts work. So she instead asks Zena to adopt her, so she can have the aristocrat backing and become Empress. Her second goal, of course, is to spy on Zena and find out his weakness so she can kill him.

Zena though is smart and while he wants to manipulate Ji-Eun and make her Empress, doesn't trust Ji-Eun at all. By the way, Ji-Eun has a special power where she can heal flowers/plants, just not humans. Tia's power from God is that she can hear Vita's voice/holy messages, just like some priests can.

Anyway, yada yada, s**t happens and then one day Tia gets stabbed and almost dies, but Ji-Eun who finally realizes that neither Ruve nor Tia are the true villains, begs God to save Tia's life and Vita/God tells Ji-Eun she can save Tia by giving up her magical powers and losing her status as a "child of god". Ji-Eun willingly does so and Tia's life is saved.

Ji-Eun works with Ruve + Tia to bring down Zena and Zena does get judged for his crimes and his whole household is beheaded and killed.

Ji-Eun saw herself as a protagonist in an isekai novel, thinking that she was the main character and Tia was the villainess out to steal her position and love, but realized in the end, she was actually the villainess. This is why she saves Tia's life, because she wants redemption. She also regrets so much not taking Vita/God's offer to go back to Korea with her memories erased.

Ruve and everyone else in the Empire wants to kill Ji-Eun, since she is a co-conspirator and Zena's adopted daughter, but Tia begs them for mercy, however, Tia is overruled, just like first timeline Ruve was overruled when he asked for clemency for Tia.

Tia visits Ji-Eun in prison and asks why Ji-Eun hated her so much and why Ji-Eun decided to save her. Ji-Eun tells Tia "I was supposed to be the protagonist, I was supposed to be loved and have a happily ever after, but even in death you stole that from me. Ruve & the people told me they loved you more and that I was useless tr*sh. You have everything that I don't have."

At this point Tia gets pissed and goes "WTF. Ruve + the people executed me and treated me like tr*sh for years. How can you be jealous of me?"

At this point Ji-Eun goes "Be honest, you looked down on me."

And Tia does admit she looked down on Ji-Eun as being dumb and incompetent and was upset that Ruve + the people loved her despite Ji-Eun being a dumb Empress.

The girls both find it ironic they envied the other.

At this point Tia gives Ji-Eun an option, which Ruve agreed to. She gives Ji-Eun two bottles, one with real poison and one with a Romeo+Juliet poison that will fake death. Ji-Eun can choose to die or she can be smuggled away to another country and live there quietly for the rest of her life.

Tia tells Ji-Eun "this is your choice" and then walks away and you never find out what choice Ji-Eun chose but in side stories I think it says she chose to live.

Tia & Ruve get married and have 2 daughters + 1 son. The daughter inherits the Marquess household while the son becomes the greatest Emperor in the history of the Empire.

Vita had originally said the "blessed child of god" would bring eternal happiness to the empire, but in the first timeline, the empire crumbled due to Zena and everyone (including Zena) lost. In the second timeline, they all lived happily ever after, except Zena + ji-Eun. Since Ji-Eun gave up her powers, Tia is the only "child of god" in the second timeline. Also, Ji-Eun eventually comes to peace with her life and lives a quiet, but fulfilled life as an ordinary person in another country. Kind of bittersweet she never got to see her Korea family again, but that was her choice and she has to live with it.

btw I found it somewhere else and shared it here!

Last edited: Sep 21, 2022