Discussion Jumping to Conclusions or Opinions or Both

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Deleted member 282232, Dec 7, 2021.

?

Have you seen such situation on threads before

1. Yes

2. No

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Deleted member 282232

Deleted member 282232 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    So guys, I was on this thread where people jumped to conclusion over a character's moral, which later when novel proceeded, turned out to be that the character was morally upright and extremely good.

What my main point is with only few chapters into the novel/manwha 'people jumped to the conclusion' which was said by othe users, I personally believe it was their opinion, people may form while reading something about a character but...but....that one thing escalated and the entire spoiler thread was about to become a wrestling arena with discussions of blaming and denying.

HAHAHAHAHA

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2021
  2. Fostofina

Fostofina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ooh i know what you mean. I am ashamed to say that I'm one of those people who tends to jump to conclusions. For me it's a way to engage with the story when i form opinions about the characters and change them as they develop and as the story progresses. My only regret is that these kind of discussions can clog up the spoiler thread for people who just came to know what happens in the story. Sorry guys I'm really not trying to cramp your style. I just wanna engage with other readers and talk about the story without spoilering people in non-spoiler threads. I think maybe a 'spoiler discussion' thread option would help greatly with this kind of issue.

Deleted member 282232 likes this.
  3. Deleted member 282232

Deleted member 282232 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the reply :). Intentionally unintentionally I may be too one the above.

P.S - Also I'm not judging anyone guys, feel free to drop your comments and views.
    I am just asking views and opinions of others on this matter to see what is their take on this.

Well said!

Fostofina likes this.
  4. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    This seems to be more about the novel issue than general jumps on conclusions. There's novel discussion forum for that.
    But yeah it's normal that people read one chapter and before character's actions are explained you have butthurt people rage quitting.
    Funnily in some xianxia-ish novel or two I remember chunnis in comments complaining that the MC is a pussy because he is not a psycho(Monarch of Evernight was one).

5. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    It happens all the time

6. i_am_here

i_am_here Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm with Cookie on this, people are very quick to judge even when provided with the facts or missing key information that would give a clearer picture.

It's annoying reading threads comparing The ML/FL "I will twist the neck of a sweet dog" to Trashta and Shitshoe. Neither of those characters is alike.

First off, from what I gather in that novel the Empress and Emperor never consummated their marriage. The Empress was not "infertile" as people have jumped to conclusions why she hasn't been pregnant after 10 years.
    Legally, speaking a marriage that hasn't "consummated" isnt considered a real marriage and usually a prerequisite for a quickie annullment.
    I think the reason he "divorced" the wife in the first timeline was that the former Empress wanted a better settlment and he wanted to make the FL his legal wife as quickly as possible.

The ML was 14 when he married her and she was already pregnant by another man. She initially rejected the engagement until she found herself pregnant and her love gone. The ML was aware that she was pregnant and still was prepared to look after and the child.
    Sadly she lost her baby and although she didn't want to lay with the ML (and neither he with her) she understood it was important for him to have an heir.
    Just as he was willing to look after her child, she is full prepared to do the same (albeit for some ambitious reasons also). This is why she tried to send countless women to "seduce " him but all attempts failed.

Shitshoe, betrayed and publicly humilated Navier none stop to elevate his mistress and consummated his relations with her before getting Navier's approval or before she was even recognized as a concubine. And took no considerations to Navier's feelings only his.
    The Empress/Emperor circumstances in the other story are completely different.
    The FL is the victim of grooming and severe abuse. Trashta is Trashta.
    The Empress also really likes the FL in that story to the point of having a girl crush on her.
    Whereas, Navier is repulsed by Trashta who shows NO respect to her. Whereas, Chloe is constantly worrying about the Empress' feelings about her being the lover of Emperor (Empress actually wants it to happen).

What is my overall point? Context is everything.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2021
  7. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    yes~
    cuz most of the story this cat read is low tier aka no need too much to think that well let say too much trope stuff so it normal~ this cat will pleasantly surprise it go other way~

for other media it really depend on what media~ maybe it also depend on genre~ some genre plague by character trope~ example on physical horror ( the usual ghost, monster or whatever kill people) there usually one stupid action that make the character into mortal danger~ children, smartass, hysterical women or men~ so whenever see such character this car will think "shot they will make stupid action later"~ rarely people do hmm rational or logical way perhaps?

8. Baldingere

Baldingere Roseau pensant

Reading List:
    Link
    Happens all the time in romance novel comment sections~ Any second female lead or female side-character gets labelled a thot as soon as she breathes.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2021
    Fostofina likes this.