Movie Terminator 1 vs 2

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by Jojo775, Dec 9, 2021.

1. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Which one is better. I used to think well obviously 2, one of the super rare sequels that's better than the original but I've rewatched 1 now and it's pretty good too.

Traveling Chef likes this.
  2. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends on when you watched them, your age, the order, etc. All i can recall are images, like the Schwarzenegger appearing nekkid and getting clothes. Although the villain in 2 was more interesting, that was the liquid metal slime... i mean terminator? :blobowoevil_horns:

Jojo775 and Traveling Chef like this.
  3. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    To be honest, they Terminator 1 and 2 are pretty much different genres. Terminator 1 was more like a horror where you have this robot hunting the protagonist down and is more of a classic. Where terminator 2 was more of an action thriller aimed at entertainment.

They are both decent in their own ways, but fundamentally, they feel like they are aimed at different audiences.

asriu and Traveling Chef like this.
  4. Traveling Chef

Traveling Chef ⁽ʕ•̀ω•́ʔ╯.+:。Professional Unichef~

Reading List:
    Link
    for me it's 2, Robert Patrick made a much better villain than Arnie and Arnie was better at being the "out of water" protector than a straight killing machine.

kkgoh and Jojo775 like this.
  5. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    First movie has Terminator theme, love edition :ROFLMAO:
    I was surprised, you can make that badass tune into romance...talent bro
    Or maybe it's romance into badass since this came first?

Traveling Chef likes this.
  6. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    Watching 2 now...I gotta question the intelligence of those first guys Terminator once clothes from in either movie. In 1 it's 3-4 punk trash, even if they outnumber him why pick on a buff guy like Arnold?
    In 2 there's the middle aged beer gut biker who burns him with a cigare, wtf dood, your beer gut gonna beat those muscles?

If you found yourself in a Terminator movie what would you do?
    I think it's a mistake in 2 when they went to destroy the lab, I mean Skynet got developed without it in the first place. This only delayed the Judgement Day which is a bad thing, coz base technology only grew making it easier f or Skynet with increased automation and better electronics.
    I don't know if it got delayed again in the Chronicles but yeah this only led to Skynet sending fking Super Terminators to the past.

I'd try to make the research happen and fail early on with isolated AI going crazy on some poor people and giving humanity a wake up call. Then no one would trust AI to run military. No idea how I'd do that nor could I probably manage it without plot armor and suddenly being a genius, but that's my idea.

I mean they didn't seem to put any safeties on an AI and just plugged it into a most dangerous network on the planet, doesn't make sense. IRL people are much more careful...hopefully.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2021