Discussion Talking about the latest chapter of Omnipresent God of War

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by 0000000, Dec 9, 2021.

1. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, it is expected since the author always regressed to his norm, so... *sigh*.

So for those who don't want to get spoiled, here are my main two questions. Those who wants to, open the spoiler tabs:
    The author really loves alternative dimensions, from his earliest works till his latest finished work before TOG, now Wei He finds out that Yuanshi Tianzun is the final step of evolution as Dao (yes that dao, rule of the universe) is involved in the construction of the god seat (Investiture of the Gods is involved too) in order to reach level 8 (apparently there are 9 levels of realities, exactly the same as previous works...)
    1. Please recommend works (CN included... just not on their own deities, again because they like to use CN gods like Pangu, Nuwa. In TOG's case, it is Yuanshi Tianzun) with gods and folklores sprinkled into it, preferably at the last minute. Though I would accept works like Second Life Ranker and Leveling with the Gods as well...
    1a. Quick question, why does KR novels have the distinct lack of using their own folklores, I know they are mostly inspired by China's lore and they often use Norse or Olympian gods, why not their own?

So the Completionist* (an opponent to Wei He's Returnees*) decides to summon the five god elementals (standard chinese five elements; metal, wood, water, fire and earth) and MC's way of counteracting that are the four sacred beasts... Much to the Human Empire's fear (fyi the empire is aggressive to both parties because no one likes a strong neighbour capable of killing you off with ease), one sacred beast's power is equivilant to one elementals ie Xuanwu (Black Tortoise) is just as powerful to the Water Elemental Squid and the empire's idea is to get the two parties to kill off one another while the empire tries to be the last man standing. Up until here everything is still normal, then one of the council men states the amount of sacred beasts and it scared the shit out of the president. For the other three beasts, each of their amount is more than 20 while the Black Tortoise has 72 units.

In my brain, I have a hilarious scene appearing with the Gundam Wing Team (first season) versus Gundam 00 Team (first season), but unlike the former team with the titular five gundams on one side of the battlefield, the latter team has like... 72 Virtue gundams waiting at the other side surrounded by so many Exias, Dynames and Kyrios.

*just a nameholder, don't need to pull out your hair
    2. The chinese five elements versus the four elements of matter (air, water, earth and fire). Both of them have their own flaws and I am not bringing in the 64 trigrams because that is confusing af, then the four elements have a fifth (fictional) element of aether and it makes me scratch my head. Which of the chinese element deal with the greek's Air?

2. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe the translators pick the ones that have content that's more known to them and their reader base.

Don't know, but i can imagine wood could somehow be involved, like photosynthesis creating oxygen, lol.

0000000 likes this.
  3. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Possibly, the only thing I know about KR folklores are Yangbans by Overgeared.
    Iirc some works did link wood = nature and nature has wind, I was like *insert Saitama OK face*

4. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    And 'Wood feeds fire' , as opposed to say, naruto where he's happy because his 'wind' feeds sasuke's 'fire' element and augments it.

0000000 likes this.
  5. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    Ikki and Kazu in Air Gear too...

elengee likes this.
  6. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    They rub their wood together and the sparks fly!~ , anyway, from an objective standpoint, wood leading to fire is pretty obvious. Imagine how they used to create fire, with the two pieces of wood rubbing until it heats up. I guess if there's no oxygen, you won't create a fire so they lumped it in there afterward, when they actually discovered it? lol.
    We'd have to look at the era in which these thoughts were formed, they might not have been aware of oxygen or air if it was centuries before the other elemental systems.

0000000 likes this.
  7. hungry_machiavellian

hungry_machiavellian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To be fair most places with enough civilization to record legends or myths also had working forges. As such they probably already knew about more air helping fire to be hotter. Bellows for their forges and all that