Discussion convince me to read 2h1, GDC, or any of the bl classics pls

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by hysique, Dec 3, 2021.

Tags:
  1. hysique

hysique Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i really wanna get back into the community but i have nothing to read *ignores my 5 page doc dedicated to novels to read* and so i thought i'd try out some of the classics that everyone is raving about, but i can never pluck up the courage to start them cause someone stole it.. *suspiciously eyes my little brother* anyways if theres this really good review you wanna quote or something just please. im actually getting to the point where coding on linux is getting more interesting than reading bl. HELP.

tldr; convince me pls ;c

2. TaffyGirl13

TaffyGirl13 just a casual translator~

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe try the donghua or manhua adaptations first?

3. heartstampexpress

heartstampexpress Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    GDC is legitimately so fantastic. It was my first read for danmei and honestly is still one of my favorites years later. The donghua just wrapped up its third and final season, so there's really no better time to get back into it!
    As for 2h1, I've never seen that abbreviation before. Did you mean 2ha or something else?

4. Sadihime

Sadihime Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you want to get back into BL again, I suggest checking out (if you haven't already) or get back into MXTX's novels. It's probably the best time to get into it again as official physical English release is out plus multiple updates with its adaptations.

My sister wasn't interested and very reluctant when I first introduced MDZS/GDC to her. I was able to convince her by having watch the MDZS donghua - it's now complete. After that, we watched the live action before finally reading the novel.

Season 2 for both TGCF and SVSSS donghua is coming out soon. TGCF's live action is being filmed and some updates are being posted through social media to get you hyped out. The next volume of TGCF's manhua is will be out on Dec 15 as well.

With all the updates, mxtx fandom is extremely active lately so I'm sure you'll be able to find someone to get hyped with as well.

5. EternalMoonlight

EternalMoonlight Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Agreed, oh and maybe try to read some teasers or spoilers or quotes or fanfic and/or view some memes and fanarts of these classics. It's helpful.

6. hysique

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks!! fixed the tag, im still new to some of the abbreviations haha

7. mirandalovesme

mirandalovesme Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you're a broke student, read fan-translated BL now or else you'll end up paying hundreds of dollars when they become popular and you have to buy the official translations.

8. hysique

Reading List:
    Link
    @mirandalovesme yes i have once again realized due to my budget of none the need to strive and be one with bl :blobfistbumpL::blobfistbumpR: