Recommendations Morally Grey MC/ML (BL)

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Sadihime, Dec 9, 2021.

1. Sadihime

Sadihime Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Looking for danmei novels preferably ancient/historical/cultivation setting where at least one of the main characters can be considered as morally gray (? not really sure if that's the right term for what I need) or have done questionable things...basically I just want them a bit controversial or has a dark side to them but novel should be HE pls

I guess sample novels like below -
    • Mo Ran as his time as Taxian-jun with all the noncon and explicit scenes.
    • Shen Zechuan skinning Jin Lei alive and all his other scheming. Xiao Chiye's plotting is not as bad but both of them planning to kill certain people etc.
    • Yan Wushi. Need I say anymore? this man is his own warning lmao

Edit 12/20/21: To add further, I'm including completely dark characters as long as they're reasonably written

Last edited: Dec 20, 2021
    tabushechka and Blood A like this.
  2. Aniv2008

Aniv2008 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Wu Chang Jie
    2. Who Dare Slander My Senior Brother
    3. Yu Wu

Sadihime likes this.
  3. cursebreaker

cursebreaker Outer disciple of Danmei Sect

Reading List:
    Link
  4. raflow

raflow Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    maybe "special case files of rebirth"? i read just till 3 chapter but it's about a killer who transmigrates to a policial officer, so you might like it?

there is also "Omniscient Reader's viewpoint", i don't think there is a "good guy" mc, ml or even the kids, they're all crazy shit (i love them.), they do whatever they have to like everyone else bc they want to survive for as long as possible, including murder

Sadihime likes this.
  5. Sadihime

Sadihime Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks! "Yu Wu" was already on my to-read list because it's by meatbun but currently postponing on reading it because I heard it's going to make me cry more than 2HA.

I've glanced past "Wu Chang Jie" before because the summary doesn't seem interesting but since you suggested it, I'll definitely check this out.

As for "Who Dare Slander My Senior Brother", the summary sounds so meh to me but the reviews look promising, definitely adding it to my to-read list. My issues with some of these novels is that the summary totally betrays how good the actual novel is. TT___TT

They all sound so good. Again, thank you for the reccs!

Thank you! Adding both on my to-read list. "Transmigrated into the World of “Demon Lord Wu Zun”" sounds good though I'm a bit wary because the reviews say the MC is an idot lol. When characters are portrayed that way they're a bit hit or miss with me. Only a few chapters have been translated so I'll probably wait till it's a bout half-way or more before reading it.

"Turns Out I’m Crazy" the summary omfgggg!!! it sounds like my kind of thing already.

Hi raflow! Thanks!! They're a bit too modern for my mood right now but definitely adding them both to my list. I've known about "Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint" since I've seen a lot of my friends posting about it but I didn't know it's from a novel. I've only ever seen screenshots from the webtoon. "Special Case Files of Rebirth" looks so good as well!!

Thanks for all the reccs everyone!! I have been craving for these type of characters already but didn't know where to being - really appreciate it!!

raflow likes this.
  6. msbwhy

msbwhy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Jun You Ji Fou

Sadihime likes this.
  7. Sadihime

Sadihime Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh my god, that summary just made me laugh at loud at work!! Will definitely check this out~! Thank you!

Another person recommended Silent Lover to me and while it did have a cruel ML, the way he as written was so frustrating T_T
    But someone else might enjoy it so mentioning it here.

If there's anyone else who has suggestions, please feel free to add~

8. TinyApricot

TinyApricot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Then you are going to love The Blood Crown

Sadihime likes this.
  9. Melange

Melange Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This Damned Thirst for Survival

Almost every character is some shade of grey :aww:

Sadihime likes this.
  10. Sadihime

Sadihime Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg way ahead of you! I already have this on my list but it has 300+ chapters and only 40+ are translated so I'm withholding reading it for now...which is so hard because it sounds so interesting!!

ooooooooohhhhh!!! this sounds so exciting!! but only a few chapters are translated...If I start reading it I would die waiting for the translation lol

Thanks for the reccs~! To everyone, feel free to add more~